Sports Entertainment

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Doesn't matter how many times he comes back "by surprise", it'll always be good.

Edit: Also, since you were there, is the crowd really that hostile to Cena or is that just bullshit? He's a great performer. No idea why all the hate.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Didn't see that ending coming at all...good thing they ended with that instead of the Cena match.

The Cena hate comes from "LOL Cena Wins" and having him at the top for 10 years. Basically everything Kevin Owens says is how most of us really feel about Cena, which is why it resonates with the audience. Then they had him end the fight last night in a way that they would never write for Cena because "weakness." The WWE would never edit in the hostility towards their golden boy...if anything, they've edited it OUT in the past. I've been slowly going through the old Big 4 PPVs and you can hear Cena Sucks stuff from 2006 or so. The audience is always split between the high pitched "Let's Go Cena" and the baritone "Cena Sucks."
I've said it before...I actually like him where he is right now with a secondary title. It just got REALLY old the last several years watching him and Randy Orton fight for the big belt 18000 times. Not to mention all the holier-than-thou stuff. And I wasn't even actively watching for most of his reign.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Well, yeah, but he isn't a bad performer, and that's what half of this is, right? It's easy to get tired of anyone's mic routine. Who wants to hear "Well you know, brother" for the 500,000th time? And yeah, Cena is the same old, same old every time he speaks, but when the talking is over, at least he puts on a decent show. Can't really say the same for many of the others.

Hell, some of the funniest mic work I've ever seen is wrestlers imitating other wrestlers' tired old gimmicks. Of course, The Rock is better than anyone at doing this, but HHH has had some good moments too.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Not sure what you want. You wondered why all the hate and I told you why. Some of it's his personality...some of it's the way WWE books and promotes him. There are plenty of people that are as good as, and often better, performers in the ring that don't get the opportunities he has. He does alright in the ring, but that's not the whole picture and everyone doesn't need to use that lone metric to form their opinion on him.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
The fucked up thing is Cena CAN wrestle. He DOES make people better in the ring. Compared to like, Hulk Hogan, he is a great worker guy. Outside of "thug life" kayfabe shit they continue to do with him there shouldn't be anything wrong with him being a face in the company. Triple H has similar ring skills, great promo skills, but was a HUGE dick helping talent when he was an everyday wrestler, and everybody LOVES him. I never understood it. But I never understood NWA /Degeneration X idiocy back in the day anyway.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
There were a lot of guys decked in Cena gear. Two people in front of us were nuts for Cena and left immediately after his match lol. I think people just want to chant something because no one around me seemed to hate Cena. My father-in-law nearly had a stroke when Undertaker showed up.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
The only time I really have a problem with Cena is when he was dropping poopy jokes and juvenile shit left and right. When he's actually making a serious promo he can be really good. The US Title challenge has been very entertaining with some incredibly matches. I still need to watch that Cesaro match. I keep hearing it's fucking amazing.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
In my defense, I still remember Kane and Undertaker throwing LIGHTNING BOLTS at each other in the arena. To me, staging a collapsible salad bar for a fake brawl at an Applebees seemed conservative for a company that once had two wrestlers using their occult powers to hurl elemental forces at one another.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
In my defense, I still remember Kane and Undertaker throwing LIGHTNING BOLTS at each other in the arena. To me, staging a collapsible salad bar for a fake brawl at an Applebees seemed conservative for a company that once had two wrestlers using their occult powers to hurl elemental forces at one another.
Remember when the Acolytes would fight people in bars? Not a stretch they would fight in an Applebee's.

The Acolytes Protection Agency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
WWE has removed all references to Hulk Hogan from their website and he's off Tough Enough. Supposedly, there is a big scandal that's breaking today.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
WWE has removed all references to Hulk Hogan from their website and he's off Tough Enough. Supposedly, there is a big scandal that's breaking today.
Leave Hogan alone.

Because he was in an interview where he said the N-word over and over again. Surely, anyone that says it should be fired.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Because he was in an interview where he said the N-word over and over again. Surely, anyone that says it should be fired.
Think it being in the sex tape, the way he used it, the fact he said he was racist and more had to combine for them to have to dump him now they are publicly traded. Also likely that he didn't tell them what was in it due to it being sealed and them being blind-sided by it didn't help

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Think it being in the sex tape, the way he used it, the fact he said he was racist and more had to combine for them to have to dump him now they are publicly traded. Also likely that he didn't tell them what was in it due to it being sealed and them being blind-sided by it didn't help
I just read his alleged comments. If he said all that, then he can go to hell.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I just read his alleged comments. If he said all that, then he can go to hell.
Yeah, I have no issue with people saying stuff at times if it's in a joking or friendly manner but this goes way too far for me to want to see him on my tv again so can't see Vince and Trips doing anything but cut-and-running

About his daughter Brooke he is quoted as saying, "She is making some real bad decisions now. My daughter Brooke jumped sides on me. I spent $2-3 million on her music career, I've done everything like a jackass for her. The one option Brooke had, Brooke's career besides me, is [to] sell beach records."" They claim Hogan was mad because a "black billionaire guy" had offered to fund her music career. They then quoted Hogan as saying, "I don't know if Brooke was f*****g the black guy's son. I mean, I don't have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, f*****g n*****s. But then when it comes to nice people and s***, and whatever."" They claim he later said, "I mean, I'd rather if she was going to f*** some n*****, I'd rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall n***** worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player! I guess we're all a little racist. F*****g n*****."

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait, you guys are offended by that? Jesus Christ what kind of ivory towers do you live in?