Sports Entertainment

Chris

Potato del Grande
David Flair's valet during his forgettable run in WCW as well as a one-time WCW cruiserweight champion. Went by Daffney in WCW and TNA.
Truly a titan of the industry.

It's sad and she should have a thread, but I'm convinced that 80% of the people posting tributes on reddit/twitter have no fucking idea who she was and it doesn't justify half of r/squaredcircle being about her.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Truly a titan of the industry.

It's sad and she should have a thread, but I'm convinced that 80% of the people posting tributes on reddit/twitter have no fucking idea who she was and it doesn't justify half of r/squaredcircle being about her.
I'm sorry that her suicide is so inconvenient for you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah like, da fuck? Who gives a shit if people are talking about her too much?

I agree though that there's some irony to seeing certain people going on about being kinder and mental health and so forth, when I saw a lot of the same people calling for that Jaxson Ryker guy to be fired from WWE for openly supporting Trump last year, or Sasha Banks to be fired for refusing a COVID vaccine (just a rumor, mind you). It's like they're completely non self aware.

Anyway, Daffney was a big deal in 2000 era WCW. She was one of like, 2 or 3 things the company produced that year that really worked. I had a huge crush on her at the time, as did a million other guys I'm guessing. She dated CM Punk for a while, hence linking his tweet above. She was basically AJ Lee and Alexa Bliss' "crazy" characters well before its time, back when women in wrestling barely had characters. She also did some work in TNA in the late 00's. When I heard she died I was sad, but finding out that it was a suicide because she felt like nobody cared about her is a lot worse. It isn't being reported yet that I know of, but she had a few concussions from when she was wrestling for TNA ten years ago (one of the reasons she stopped IIRC), and I'm not going out on much of a limb in saying that the concussions are probably the cause here. They likely caught up with her and messed with her head.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah like, da fuck? Who gives a shit if people are talking about her too much?

I agree though that there's some irony to seeing certain people going on about being kinder and mental health and so forth, when I saw a lot of the same people calling for that Jaxson Ryker guy to be fired from WWE for openly supporting Trump last year, or Sasha Banks to be fired for refusing a COVID vaccine (just a rumor, mind you). It's like they're completely non self aware.
Yeah this is all I'm saying.

Of course people should be talking about her here and on reddit, I'm just commenting on the state of redditors in general when they find a bandwagon and how it's randomly for or against suicide depending on what gives the most clout.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot_20210904-022252_Video Player.jpg

Malakai is 100% the modern Undertaker.

Also Max Caster is THE most over person here not named CM Punk. Definitely check out his comeback promo on Dark next week, he unleashes hell

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So much of the stuff that happened on Dark was good enough to be on Rampage or Dynamite. Given how many iffy segments Dynamite has, I wish they'd "bring up" things from Dark more. The Caster promo is a perfect example.

Something funny to me is how much of a huge deal people on certain other message boards and comment sections seem to be making about Caster and that one promo he did. Especially Twitter, people were like "why hasn't he been fired yet" and laughing at his Ebay thing. When it turned out he'd be back, there was a lot of "he's got a long road to redemption" talk.

The funny part is that these people think everyone else thinks like them. So when Max got a monster reaction yesterday, these same spheres were full of people saying things like "It looks like people have forgiven him". No, bitch, nobody cared in the first place outside of your pearl-clutching echo chambers.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1630795407523.png

Another note on Dark/Rampage: Skye Blue is hoooooot. Even though she's been a dark match jobber so far, we gave her such an enormous reaction last night that I think AEW might sign her. At the very least they gave her a spot on PPV. It's awesome to have your fan reactions actually mean something here. Compare that to, say, Leva Bates in NXT getting punished for getting too over as a jobber.

1630795571951.png

Match is going on Youtube tonight, I recommend checking it out. Also check out the untelevised CM Punk promo from after Rampage, which I think they're including in tonight's Dark as well.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Who's watching All Out?

I'm trying to figure out a way to record it. My Comcast box doesn't let me record PPVs in the DVR for some reason. Other things record fine, but not PPVs. No error message, it just doesn't record. I called Comcast about it and the representative from the other side of the planet told me that my service is fine and should be able to record PPVs, so that doesn't help much.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Who's watching All Out?

I'm trying to figure out a way to record it. My Comcast box doesn't let me record PPVs in the DVR for some reason. Other things record fine, but not PPVs. No error message, it just doesn't record. I called Comcast about it and the representative from the other side of the planet told me that my service is fine and should be able to record PPVs, so that doesn't help much.
Stream it on your cpu, use capture software?

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Who's watching All Out?

I bought it on fite.tv. You get unlimited replays. I can play it on my Roku or my Android TV. It's the first wrestling PPV I've bought in over 15+ years at least.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I bought it on fite.tv. You get unlimited replays. I can play it on my Roku or my Android TV. It's the first wrestling PPV I've bought in over 15+ years at least.

Yoooo I think this might be the best solution for me, I've got Roku. Let me see if it works. As a bonus I don't have to give Comcast any money.

I literally only have cable to watch AEW at this point, come to think of it.

You're not the only person I've heard from this week who says this is their first wrestling PPV in ages. Talked to a lot of people in Chicago. One guy said it was his first since WM30, one guy said MITB 2011, one guy said "since some time in 2001". Yow. Chicago was great, wrestling kinda took over Rosemont this week and everywhere I went I'd see at least a couple people in wrestling shirts. Had dinner at a random place and Chavo Guerrero was a few booths down, left him alone and talked to the waiter about how cool it was. Had multiple uber drivers ask me if I was going to the wrestling PPV when I mentioned being in town for wrestling, or they saw my shirt, etc. Got "too sweet"ed a few times walking down the street in a Bullet Club shirt. Was like I took a trip to a mirror universe where wrestling was still as big as it was in 1999.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Lucha Bros vs. Young Bucks in cage. Fenix better to do something awesomely retarded or I'm going to be very disappointed.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
CM Punk match was decent. It was better than I thought it was going to be since Punk is coming off a 7 year layoff. I thought for sure something was going to happen at the end with the way they were wasting time.