Sports Entertainment

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you want to see something crazy, look up end of career hall facing a Japanese young boy winning one of his first matches by rolling up Hall.

That young boy ended up being NJPWs Ace, Tanahashi. He always put the little and young guys over knowing he was cemented as a top guy and the loss wouldn’t do much to him, but would jump start a career. He was the anti Hogan. I love his quite about “never letting the booker think you are a mark for yourself” because that’s one less thing they can use against you.

That's incredible, I didn't know that.

fun bit of trivia but his finisher is probably the most protected finisher in the history of professional wrestling, I don't think the Edge failed to get a pinfall for his entire career. If he wasn't booked to win he just wouldn't do it.

Yeah, it's like the One Winged Angel. Nobody has ever kicked out of it (except the one obscure time it happened but we've retconned that out, shh) and if Omega isn't winning a match, he just doesn't get to do it. So there's always the sense that he could have won if he'd gotten the OWA off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1647311203046.png

RIP.

I tuned in to Raw to see what kind of tribute (or well-wishes if they didn't know his status yet) would open the show, and...nothing. Not even a mention by the announcers, zilch.

This is like bizarro world, since when did they just ignore such a major passing?

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's incredible, I didn't know that.

Yeah, it's like the One Winged Angel. Nobody has ever kicked out of it (except the one obscure time it happened but we've retconned that out, shh) and if Omega isn't winning a match, he just doesn't get to do it. So there's always the sense that he could have won if he'd gotten the OWA off.
That kickout is not the only time Kenny has lost after landing OWA, I know at least once they had his opponent land with a leg under the ropes. If Hall landed an Edge he won, no exceptions.

• 1Like

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 403332
RIP.

I tuned in to Raw to see what kind of tribute (or well-wishes if they didn't know his status yet) would open the show, and...nothing. Not even a mention by the announcers, zilch.

This is like bizarro world, since when did they just ignore such a major passing?
They had the RIP picture before the signature and a video package a couple hours into the show. This seems to be how they've been handling non-current guys like Bobbie Heenan, Blackjack Lanza etc.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They had the RIP picture before the signature and a video package a couple hours into the show. This seems to be how they've been handling non-current guys like Bobbie Heenan, Blackjack Lanza etc.

Oh, they showed a RIP picture? I started streaming it right at the start of the signature (Then/Now/Forever montage) so that explains why I didn't see anything. Then to have the announcers not mention it either made things pretty weird.

I remember this pretty vividly, as I was mid-puberty at the time and wanted that girl's nether-regions in my face too.

This was like RIGHT when Russo took over and I remember the shows being wildly different in the span of one week. Hall and Nash were definitely having more fun with the new edgier product. I actually thought the Russo shows were good, and a lot more exciting than what they'd been doing in the months before that (endless Hogan/Nash feud and a dull midcard). People with 20/20 hindsight like to shit on that era now but it was a fun time, especially if you wanted WCW to be a little more like WWF like I did.

The problem was about two months after Russo took over when they started making some really idiotic decisions about the title around Starrcade 99.

Bret was champion, then he had to retire and vacated the title, and they put it on Benoit who had just lost to Bret. Then Benoit left and vacated the title, and they gave it to Sid who had just lost to Benoit. Then Sid was stripped of the title and it ended up in the Jarrett/DDP/Arquette feud. I mean they absolutely destroyed their top title in the span of a couple months. HHH beat Benoit on RAW, which meant the WWF champion just defeated the WCW champion who didn't care enough to stick around and had defeated the new WCW champion Sid. I don't think WCW could have looked more second-rate if they tried. They should have broken the "Goldberg World Title Reign" emergency glass (so to speak) after Bret left, but he was injured, and they were screwed.

Needless

Toe Sucker
ayy finally shit taker lost her belt to a better wrestler, hopefully TK doesnt job thunder rosa back to her in a month

the amount of no selling AEW has is getting to nuclear cringe levels though jesus christ

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
ayy finally shit taker lost her belt to a better wrestler, hopefully TK doesnt job thunder rosa back to her in a month

the amount of no selling AEW has is getting to nuclear cringe levels though jesus christ

Yeah I agree on the no selling

Rosa is gonna have the title for a while I think, has to go through Deeb and a Britt rematch, maybe Jade.

Jamie Hayter is probably the next champion.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Steiner Bros going into the Hall of Fame this year, honestly surprised that Scott hadn't permanently burned that bridge with all his shit talking.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Logan Paul looked half way decent. I wonder if he makes the transition to WWE.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I wouldn’t say destroy. I’d not think he goes full time that’s silly but he will have another couple matches over the years for money I bet. Dude got paid huge tonight to have fun and was out there with two of the safest workers ever

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I thought it was going to be a quick match but that was good. should of done an over/under on beers.