Sports Entertainment

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This one is also good. He does a good job towing the company line of -don't talk about the scrum- even while "shooting". And even when freaking Helwani keeps going back to it.

Guy isn't planning on going anywhere, but he really does want a bidding war to happen over him. If TK doesn't match WWE's offer, that'll be TK's mistake and they both know it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think MJF wants to be paid somewhere in the neighborhood of what Cody Rhodes is making now. IIRC it's around 4-5M a year plus merch.

Nobody knows what MJF is making currently but it isn't that. I'm going to guess 2M and that's being generous.

If my info is correct, Cody Money is like "top 5" pay for the promotion. I think it goes Roman/Brock->Orton->Cody. While in AEW, that same $5M salary puts you tied in the top tier with Punk and Danielson, not sure what Jericho/Omega pull but I think they're the second tier around 2-3M. I think Moxley is also in the first tier. Cody was in the second tier and wanted to be in the first tier but TK didn't want to open the purse strings.

I don't know if HHH is going to want to give MJF instant top five salary, especially given his height. In AEW most of the guys are around 6 feet, so MJF being 5'11'' doesn't stand out as much except when he's around vets like DDP and Jake. In WWE, however, that'll stand out a lot more. Then again HHH seems less concerned with height than Vince. But still, MJF isn't a big guy.

So the question is, does HHH value MJF enough to pay him the 5th highest salary in the company, and does TK value MJF enough to pay him what he wouldn't pay Cody. If both are yes, then it's a bidding war. I think MJF would be happy sticking around in the event of a tie because it'd mean TK valued him enough to match the competition.

If Punk takes off because he thinks everyone's his new mortal enemy, then that frees up $5M right there.

I bet they reach a deal well before 2024...while telling everyone they haven't.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really wonder who is going to win tonight. I can see it either way. I really hope Danielson gets the belt, but it seems like they have the whole Moxley/MJF feud they want to do too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I really wonder who is going to win tonight. I can see it either way. I really hope Danielson gets the belt, but it seems like they have the whole Moxley/MJF feud they want to do too.
I want to see Danielson win, with MJF beating Moxley in a non title feud and going into a BCC feud, eventually winning the title from Danielson.

If Moxley wins it's just too predictable when they already telegraphed he's going to be defending it against MJF.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think MJF wants to be paid somewhere in the neighborhood of what Cody Rhodes is making now. IIRC it's around 4-5M a year plus merch.

Nobody knows what MJF is making currently but it isn't that. I'm going to guess 2M and that's being generous.

If my info is correct, Cody Money is like "top 5" pay for the promotion. I think it goes Roman/Brock->Orton->Cody. While in AEW, that same $5M salary puts you tied in the top tier with Punk and Danielson, not sure what Jericho/Omega pull but I think they're the second tier around 2-3M. I think Moxley is also in the first tier. Cody was in the second tier and wanted to be in the first tier but TK didn't want to open the purse strings.

I don't know if HHH is going to want to give MJF instant top five salary, especially given his height. In AEW most of the guys are around 6 feet, so MJF being 5'11'' doesn't stand out as much except when he's around vets like DDP and Jake. In WWE, however, that'll stand out a lot more. Then again HHH seems less concerned with height than Vince. But still, MJF isn't a big guy.

So the question is, does HHH value MJF enough to pay him the 5th highest salary in the company, and does TK value MJF enough to pay him what he wouldn't pay Cody. If both are yes, then it's a bidding war. I think MJF would be happy sticking around in the event of a tie because it'd mean TK valued him enough to match the competition.

If Punk takes off because he thinks everyone's his new mortal enemy, then that frees up $5M right there.

I bet they reach a deal well before 2024...while telling everyone they haven't.

I think it's speculated that moxley is the highest paid ($6M) unless that changed with punk?

Legit question though since i havent watched AEW for more than a year -- has MJF even shown he's good in the ring? hes great in promos and on the mic but i dont think ive seen him do a real match in the past year+ that i watched?

Cody proved he's worth the money alone with the hell in the cell match he endured and how much of a pop he got when he returned, despite being out for a long ass time afterwards.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I think it's speculated that moxley is the highest paid ($6M) unless that changed with punk?

Legit question though since i havent watched AEW for more than a year -- has MJF even shown he's good in the ring? hes great in promos and on the mic but i dont think ive seen him do a real match in the past year+ that i watched?

Cody proved he's worth the money alone with the hell in the cell match he endured and how much of a pop he got when he returned, despite being out for a long ass time afterwards.
Yeah, MJF is pretty good in the ring.
Just a random, most of the youboob links are highlight reels.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

MJF is really good in the ring, watch his match with Darby from Full Gear 2021.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
What are the odds that some of the suspended folks show up tonight?
Like say The Elite, if they are cleared already and they didn't communicate it to keep the secret for the big night.

I'm only thinking this because they have been hyping up this show like crazy.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20220921_214358.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

You're right, Moxley is on the top salary tier. I couldn't remember which one he was on. He was paid well above the EVPs in 2019 too.

TK has everyone organized into tiers in terms of salary / importance, with extras/Dark staff at Tier 0 (pay per appearance).

Nyla and Britt are the top tier for the women. I don't know if anyone has been added to that tier, probably yes, they keep things pretty hush hush though. Personally I never understood putting Nyla on a top tier women's contract.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What are the odds that some of the suspended folks show up tonight?
Like say The Elite, if they are cleared already and they didn't communicate it to keep the secret for the big night.

I'm only thinking this because they have been hyping up this show like crazy.

It's moot now but I was gonna say pretty nonexistent for the time being, unfortunately.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The rumor right now is a buyout of Punk's contract because he doesn't want to come back to work if The Elite are there.

He made 9.3 million in AEW since he joined, which is actually slightly more than he made in HIS ENTIRE WWE RUN.

So he's literally pissing away ungodly amounts of money here.

Even a buyout will probably just be his contract salary, not counting all the merchandise sales and PPV bonuses which make up about 40% of his money from the last year.

If he did come back and everyone got over their shit, Punk vs Kenny on PPV would be a record setting PPV for AEW.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
The rumor right now is a buyout of Punk's contract because he doesn't want to come back to work if The Elite are there.

He made 9.3 million in AEW since he joined, which is actually slightly more than he made in HIS ENTIRE WWE RUN.

Even a buyout will probably just be his contract salary, not counting all the merchandise sales and PPV bonuses which make up about 40% of his money from the last year.

If he did come back and everyone got over their shit, Punk vs Kenny on PPV would be a record setting PPV for AEW.
He has one chance to be relevent ever again, that's to swallow his pride, apologise and wrestle The Elite (with FTR), Kenny Omega and Hangman Page for three record PPVs.

Otherwise it's back to retirement, only this time there will be no CM Punk chants and no fans clamoring for his return.

He ruined his legacy.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>

woody-harrelson-crying.gif

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity