Sports writer kills himself, leaves behind website describing how and why

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
i dun understand why people need to have sex. apart from natural urges, i am perfectly cool with no sex.

edit; one of my awesome roommate used to have this long distant relationship with this girl. she comes over and asks for fucking sex or it's over. being a christfaggot, he refused and they cried their way out of their relationship.

good man.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its not a need, but it is a desire.

I can go without sex, but it does help clear my head sometimes.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
No, he never said "steal souls", he tried to obfuscate the fact that his argument essentially meant the same thing. I am under no obligation to defend his point for him. He has had all kinds of chances to defend his point, all of which comes down to either quoting Marx or psychoanalyzing a single kid. I am not simplifying his argument to make it easier to ridicule, I am simplifying his silly argument past all the obfuscation of his 100 line vomitting of marx.
Please seethis postfor my bazillionth clarification.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Let me quote you dipshit,

Dumar_sl said:
It strips them because they're no longer human:
So you are saying their humanity was stolen, just not their souls. Err, wait, that basically amounts to the same thing it sounds like.

To clarify, I don't believe in souls. However, I do believe that its absolutely silly to talk about people's humanity being stolen "because commodities".

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah each time Dumar tries to deny it it really just shows that he doesn't understand what he's saying, or that we understand what he's saying better than he does, pretty much.

Stealing souls is a fucking way of mocking what you're saying, dipshit, we don't actually think you think it steals souls, but you might as well, because what you're preaching is fucking voodoo magic straight out of the bush in fucking South Africa. Fetishism for the modern world.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
How did this turn into a 57 page thread?
Well, to explain calculus, you first have to start with the concept of numbers, 56 pages ago.

Let me quote you dipshit,

So you are saying their humanity was stolen, just not their souls. Err, wait, that basically amounts to the same thing it sounds like.

To clarify, I don't believe in souls. However, I do believe that its absolutely silly to talk about people's humanity being stolen "because commodities".
It robs them of theiractivityand the sensuous experience from it. That activity, human activity, and the feelings arising from it are the being aspect of the term human being.

Mental health is not in terms of adjustment to society. Rather, real mental health is the adjustment of society to the needs of human beings. One could be mentally healthy yet still feel alienated or estranged, and those feelings would be wholly rational, simply because the society in which he or she lives is not a mentally healthy one.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I don't get it. Is it because I'm an English teacher? Is it simply because it's my job to communicate how to understand the English language that this doesn't seem so complicated to me? He's not being vague, he's not being coy, he's not hiding behind language that can be misconstrued. He's being completely straightforward and not only giving you all the information you need to understand but all the tools you need to put that information together and understand it. How fucking jaded and hell-bent on being contradictory can people be? You don't even have to be pro-suicide to understand what he's saying! I don't get it. You guys are just weird.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
So nothing. Ignorance is bliss. That was always part of the explanation.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Tanoomba I write near perfect English, never have to edit a single paper, get straight As on them, and I can assure you, lab reports are much more challenging to write than normal English papers. What I'm saying is that an English degree is the result of your laziness, not your capacity to grasp the English language at a level higher than others. I read at a college level by 8 years old. So, no, you aren't grasping some magic hidden meaning that we're missing in Dumar's words.

The idea that commodities perform a bad juju fetish on humans, reducing them to base facsimiles of their selves under whatever system Dumar thinks would be superior, is nonsense on its face, predicated on a vast sundry of false assumptions that have been exposed as such in this thread.

Get over it already.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
A sentence like "they're no longer human" means jack shit. I'm sorry if you think it does, but 'being human' is sort of a technical thing that can't be changed.

If I perform some certain combination of actions can I become a squirrel? Can we get all Sword in the Stone up in this bitch?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
A sentence like "they're no longer human" means jack shit. I'm sorry if you think it does, but 'being human' is sort of a technical thing that can't be changed.

If I perform some certain combination of actions can I become a squirrel? Can we get all Sword in the Stone up in this bitch?
Sure, if, to you, being human is nothing but a biological checkbox, then the discussion is pretty limited. Anybody capable of reading this thread is, by technical definition, human. Nothing to see here.
Some people, on the other hand, tend to consider the range of human emotion and what human beings are capable of experiencing and achieving as part of the human experience, as being literally part of what makes them a human. Is a grasshopper really a grasshopper if it's caught by a child and kept in a jar with a few blades of grass until it dies prematurely? Technically, yes. Whatever happens to it doesn't change the fact that it's a grasshopper. But it was biologically programmed for certain functions it was deprived of based on external circumstances. Is a tiger in a zoo really a tiger? It might have everything it needs for survival, but it certainly isn't living under the circumstances it was biologically designed for. If a tiger in a zoo was capable of realizing it was being externally deprived of the thrill of the hunt, of the search for a mate, of the proving of its own value against an unforgiving wilderness, would we really blame it if it wanted to end its own life deemed as unworthy? At the very least, would we blame it for being confused about whether its own life had any meaning?

khalid

Unelected Mod
He's being completely straightforward and not only giving you all the information you need to understand but all the tools you need to put that information together and understand it.
You don't get it dude. We DO understand what he is trying to say. His premise is silly and his conclusions from the premises are even sillier. Just because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they don't understand your points. They just simply don't agree with them.

Also, bringing your degree in English into it is really silly. No one needs a degree in fucking english to understand Dumar's rantings. Yet it in a way makes sense that you would do so. His "proof" of his premise was an empty appeal to Marxism. Your proof that we don't understand it is an empty appeal to the authority of your english degree.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
it's funny cuz i've been a depressive man for a long time and considered a numeroussuicidemyself, to see tanoomba thinking he has an authority on dumar's shit is hilarious. fucking disgusting.

one thing my dad told me when i went through a bad stage of my life was, "Killing yourself is easy. It's fucking simple. Go and hang yourself, throw yourself down the river and die. Then, you are done. But if you want to live, that shit is hard. It takes effort. What's more important to you?" Shit hit me like a brick.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Sure, if, to you, being human is nothing but a biological checkbox, then the discussion is pretty limited. Anybody capable of reading this thread is, by technical definition, human. Nothing to see here.
Some people, on the other hand, tend to consider the range of human emotion and what human beings are capable of experiencing and achieving as part of the human experience, as being literally part of what makes them a human. Is a grasshopper really a grasshopper if it's caught by a child and kept in a jar with a few blades of grass until it dies prematurely? Technically, yes. Whatever happens to it doesn't change the fact that it's a grasshopper. But it was biologically programmed for certain functions it was deprived of based on external circumstances. Is a tiger in a zoo really a tiger? It might have everything it needs for survival, but it certainly isn't living under the circumstances it was biologically designed for. If a tiger in a zoo was capable of realizing it was being externally deprived of the thrill of the hunt, of the search for a mate, of the proving of its own value against an unforgiving wilderness, would we really blame it if it wanted to end its own life deemed as unworthy? At the very least, would we blame it for being confused about whether its own life had any meaning?
Yes, to every question asked. If you don't want to continually infuriate smart people, stop using pseudo-spiritual horseshit terminology.

"They lose their humanity!"

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Yes, to every question asked. If you don't want to continually infuriate smart people, stop using pseudo-spiritual horseshit terminology.

"They lose their humanity!"
Alright then, we get it. Being human is nothing but a biological checkbox for you. Nothing to see here. Thanks for your contribution.