Spring 2015 Anime Thread

This belongs in last season's thread, but its not worth bumping for it. But I was combing that thread the other day looking for ideas to watch, and there were two that seemed to stand out.

Parasyte - Loved it, but I really wasn't expecting so much of the kid going insane / everyone being murdered. Very well done though, just creepier than I was looking for. So I tried the other one, which seemed a little more normal...

Your lie in April - Ow, my feels. Again, very well done, and I really liked the musical numbers, but I just didn't think it was going to be that sad, even if you see it coming the whole time. Two great shows, but both a bit hard on the heart, so I wanted something more nonsensical, crazy, and over the top. Like what Shokugeki no Soma is so far, but with more episodes. And I always heard one show was king of that, but I never saw it before, so...

Gurren Lagann - Yep, that is certainly a thing. I'd heard before "bro power conquers the universe" but thought it was a joke. Exactly what I was looking for though. Still kind of a sad ending, but after watching the above, meh.

Been an interesting week, just though I'd share.
Glad to see you liked parasyte and your lie in April. The second was my favorite show the last two seasons. If you are still going for more over the top fun in your anime then you should give kill la kill a shot. It almost puts GL to shame with its energy.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well im impressed with 2nd season of sidonia so far. Its art, animation and quality overall is superb, seem way better than s1 for some reason.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just watched My Love Story to last episode. Ok... nice that they didn't drag that out at all.

It wasn't actually. My love story is a shoujo romcom which usually means the whole series is wasted on the process of the mcs just getting together. They actually got together in the third episode which might be some new record. Then again the male mc in this anime isn't your typical shoujo guy. He's like a eight foot tall gorilla man.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Glad to see you liked parasyte and your lie in April. The second was my favorite show the last two seasons. If you are still going for more over the top fun in your anime then you should give kill la kill a shot. It almost puts GL to shame with its energy.
Yea, it was on my list because it was by the same guys. A few episodes in, and so far it doesn't disappoint at all. And let me tell you two things; 1) I wish I could read slightly faster to keep up with everything, 2) Mako is best character ever.

Japan must have way better drugs than we do.

Fadaar

That guy
Mako and Guts (the dog) were my two favorite characters from KLK. Pretty sure Guts dies like 30 times.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I've never seen My Love Story, so no idea if that was sarcastic or not.
No sarcasm. My Love Story is worth watching so far. Definitely not your usual tropes by any means. But Vimesh explained the big one. Instead of dragging on for 13-26 episodes, the big misunderstanding between main guy and his cutie was quickly resolved, letting them be a couple. Now they can move into interesting territory, like how the MC's best pal since forever fits into it all. Romance may end up competing with bromance.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Watched the new dungeon serie, pretty good so far. Will most likely keep watching. Kuroko was pretty damn awesome, loved seing the generation of miracles in the making.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's a great show, and the MC is such a sweet imbecile. The helper chick steals his knife, but he sees no ill intent in anyone, so says "yeah, keep doing this for me!"

Really like the show though. He's a fun "Ichigo-like" character due to his quick development. And the dungeon master chick looked great in the red skirt thing, and the blonde sword goddess chick is awesome too. I'm glad I'm not horny for Anime, because these characters are definitely made for jacking. Not unlike Asuna from SAO, I guess.

EDIT: Speaking of Asuna and SAO, the "god tongue" chick from Shokugeki no Soma looks exactly like her in different scenes. Especially in the 3rd episode after she rejected MC guy from the school only to have her grandfather accept him.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Missing Kings movie was awesome, great clue into what they plan on doing with the next season if/when it comes out.

One of my more favorite shows so far.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's a great show, and the MC is such a sweet imbecile. The helper chick steals his knife, but he sees no ill intent in anyone, so says "yeah, keep doing this for me!"

Really like the show though. He's a fun "Ichigo-like" character due to his quick development. And the dungeon master chick looked great in the red skirt thing, and the blonde sword goddess chick is awesome too. I'm glad I'm not horny for Anime, because these characters are definitely made for jacking. Not unlike Asuna from SAO, I guess.

EDIT: Speaking of Asuna and SAO, the "god tongue" chick from Shokugeki no Soma looks exactly like her in different scenes. Especially in the 3rd episode after she rejected MC guy from the school only to have her grandfather accept him.
Hestia Bestia

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Missing Kings movie was awesome, great clue into what they plan on doing with the next season if/when it comes out.

One of my more favorite shows so far.
"A sequel anime project was announced on the official Twitter account of the series. The new project is scheduled for 2015."

Wikipedia says October 2015 for season 2.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
woot just noticed next season (summer) will have overlord and rokka no yusha (rokka have awesome story) as anime adaption, cant wait seriously, plus new ufotable project, god eater.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Can't wait for season 2 of Haikyuu. And I hope they do a season 2 of both No Game No Life & Mahoka Koko no Rettosei. Those shows RULED!