Spring 2017 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Alice to Zoroku had a nice ending. Good show all around.
Shuumatsu etc is going to stab me in the feels next week. I just know it.
Zero kara hajimeru should wrap up next week too.
Danmachi will end next week or the one after. Good show. Blue balling everyone for S2 of the real deal.
Royal Tutor ended well.
Boku no Hero Academia looks like it might keep going through next season? Hope so, but now we're getting into stuff that's more current, so I expect they'll go on break soon. Or go into non-manga arcs. The universe is interesting enough that they could find some good stories to tell. Hell, I'd watch an All Might Gaiden season or two.
Tsukigakirei is coming to an end soon. Either warm fuzzies or a stab in the feels. Either way will be fine. Really good slice of life this season.
Akashic Records set itself up for a possible S2. Wouldn't mind more.

Still have most of Re:Creator to go through.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Hero Academia is a 25 episode run, so you're right. It's going to continue next season. I'm pretty much on point with all of your other opinions. I still like Tsukigakirei, but I don't really "care" about the end. Logistically, this kid really isn't good enough to join the school the girl chose. He wants to for love, which is nice, but he's really out of his element.

They could make a clean break at this point, and it would be sad, but nice. No hard feelings. It's a cute show, though.

I'm up to date on Re: Creator, and it sure gives the impression that the show is going to continue until next season. Or maybe have a season 2. They're gearing up for a big clash between the two forces, but the one team is speculating that they'll need 6 months to complete all of the early work in order for it to go smoothly. Maybe they'll crash those 6 months into a montage type of thing, but that isn't the impression I've gotten from this show.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Shit got really strange in today's Granblue Fantasy. I realize this is a show based off of a video game, but it's actually a decent story. But suddenly the main character, the ship's captain named Gran (younger guy) became this girl named Djeeta, yet everything else about them is the same. They have had the same adventures and everything, but Gran and Djeeta are one in the same. Really strange seeing the entire cast of this show as female, though. *shrugs*

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Re:Creators is definitely continuing into next season, go to AniChart and scroll down to the "Leftovers" section to see what'll be carrying over.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Shit got really strange in today's Granblue Fantasy. I realize this is a show based off of a video game, but it's actually a decent story. But suddenly the main character, the ship's captain named Gran (younger guy) became this girl named Djeeta, yet everything else about them is the same. They have had the same adventures and everything, but Gran and Djeeta are one in the same. Really strange seeing the entire cast of this show as female, though. *shrugs*

Yeah this week Granblue was more a bonus episode for fans than the follow-up of the previous episode.
Previous episode which was just a fan service episode for people that play the game.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Also, the conclusion to Little Witch Academia was good as well. The main group of kids completed the task they have been trying to accomplish all season to many cheers. It was a feel good style ending. I didn't mind watching this show.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Just watched the last of WorldEnd. I was really sad once Scarborough Fair started.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah. Well, kind of. Really, it was only the song that was sad. I didn't completely understand the ending though.

Chtholly explodes the way she's supposed to, but then she's alive again as a pure red haired girl talking to Willem. And then they say she died and the kids are sad. So did Willem also die? It wasn't paint by numbers clear.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Yeah. Well, kind of. Really, it was only the song that was sad. I didn't completely understand the ending though.

Chtholly explodes the way she's supposed to, but then she's alive again as a pure red haired girl talking to Willem. And then they say she died and the kids are sad. So did Willem also die? It wasn't paint by numbers clear.
I think at least 2 of them survived because of the orb thing from the wizard or whatever had 2 Pings for lack of better term. No idea though. Apparently this only covers 2/3 chapters of the Light Novel of 5 chapters or so.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

She did die, after she said thank you to Willem, the little goddess took over and "Chtholly" ceased to exist. No idea what happened to Willem.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The finale of Seikaisuru Kado & Tsuki ga Kirei were both pretty good. Kado went with an unexpected conclusion, but I liked it. Maybe not as much as the overall season, but it was still good. And hell, he got the "best girl" in the process.

Tsuki made me tear up like a little bitch. It was very reminiscent to my own young life in that regard. The very end was sweet as well. A+. I know my wife would like it, if she ever got around to watching it.

In other news, I'm hearing that One Punch Man is coming back for season 2 in January! Awesome.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And I just watched the finale to DanMachi Sword Oratoria. Overall, I liked the series mostly. The stupid elf was annoying, but I tried not to let that block my overall view of the show. And it appears that some bad shit in happening int he world for future seasons of DanMachi. I wasn't terribly thrilled by the big boss fight, though. It seemed to have unlimited powers in the form of vines and super magic, yet really, she died in 2 hits. So that was kind of dumb. Unless Ais now has the power to reflect magic back at the caster, or something. *shrugs*

I really wish they had kept the magic of the first season. Maybe the 2nd real season will be better.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Kado finale was pretty good but it had a literal deus ex machina. Enjoyed the show, anyway.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
All the shows ending this season have had really good finales so far.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just got around to binging Little Witch Academia. 1. Total Hogwarts ripoff. 2. Sucy is my jam, yo! 3. Diane wanting to have Akko's babies was funny!

Some really good shit is due out on Netflix in the coming weeks.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Along that vein, the finale to Atom, The Beginning was also pretty good. I really enjoyed that series. It was similar to A.I. in how it made you feel for the robot character. It was a great show.

• 1Like