Spring 2017 Anime Thread

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
9 titans thing:

There's 9 titans but they're "powers". Eren possesses two of them (Founder and Attack).

Essentially if you're a titan and you eat one of those titans, you gain that power and can return to being a human.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
What would happen if a single Titan. Let's say the queen (with royal blood and everything) actually ate the other 8 abilities? Would this bring about a new era of Titan closure or something?

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hard to say.

One of the things with devouring another titan is you gain memories. The Founder titan power is apparently super fucking whacked. You get ridiculous memories and some level of...clairvoyance? When it was said earlier that the 4th season would be a mindfuck, they're not kidding. Eren is kind of spacing out a lot, but because of that we get to see A LOT of what's really going on and it opens up the world itself.

What would happen if they come together? No idea, but it makes you wonder how it will go down. It may very well be the closing act of the series. Although it was seen that the Founder titan power can be activated through touching a member of that royal bloodline, so who knows.

By reading the manga you get the feeling something can happen, but no idea what.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eromanga Sensei really looked like it had hit its final episode and was doing a sendoff. Next episode will probably be some silly fan-service.

It has had its moments, but it really is just a low-key rom-com light novel with occasional "shock" moments, like the previous screencap of the class leader.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno why everyone is so upset with S2 on AoT. I liked it. Lots of new info coming to light and lots of hinting at what might be going on, lets my imagination run wild thinking about possibilities. Good stuff.

Ended up watching Re:zero last week, really liked that one. Sadly i'm running out of shows to watch that I haven't seen already so I started rewatching Bleach this week.

• 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The problem is 25 vs 12 episodes.

Season 3 confirmed, looks like it's going deep into the manga.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
found kings avatar very blah, i might read the novel, but so far i have no inclination.

When I first watched King's Avatar and it was in Mandarin not Japanese I was shocked. I had to look it up and sure enough its a Chinese Manga... seems like they're very rare. I am also curious why there is K-Pop and J-Pop but no C-Pop.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
When I first watched King's Avatar and it was in Mandarin not Japanese I was shocked. I had to look it up and sure enough its a Chinese Manga... seems like they're very rare. I am also curious why there is K-Pop and J-Pop but no C-Pop.

There is, but it involves popping caps in asses of anyone not kneeling down to the cultural superiority of China.

• 1Like

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is c-pop but its not as popular and kings avatar is more of a light novel then manga.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Canto pop used to be pretty popular, with people like Andy Lau, but now a lot of Chinese people just go to Korea and join groups there. k-pop has worldwide popularity now, which none of the other Asian pop styles have really achieved.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Canto pop used to be pretty popular, with people like Andy Lau, but now a lot of Chinese people just go to Korea and join groups there. k-pop has worldwide popularity now, which none of the other Asian pop styles have really achieved.

Canto pop died w/ 1997 China integration, now it's all ear shrieking Mandarin.

I'd argue J-pop has had as wide an audience as K-pop, however RECENTLY in the Gangnam era, K-pop just eclipses all asian anything.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I wasn't terribly happy with episode 12 of Akashic Records. They introduced this "big bad" too quickly. I didn't really care about him, and that made the conclusion less important. Oh well. The overall show was good enough.

• 1Like

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Canto pop died w/ 1997 China integration, now it's all ear shrieking Mandarin.

I'd argue J-pop has had as wide an audience as K-pop, however RECENTLY in the Gangnam era, K-pop just eclipses all asian anything.
Or you can go Taiwanese pop lol

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Or you can go Taiwanese pop lol
god no, Taiwanese entertainment is sub-level shit, it's actually a Tier, WORSE than Bollywood... at least with those crazy indians they'll have a hot bitch shake her hips to a badly choreo'd dance routine.

Taiwanese entertainment is just dog shit.

and trust me, i have no allegiance to china or taiwan, i hate those 2 foreign fucks equally.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I dunno why everyone is so upset with S2 on AoT. I liked it. Lots of new info coming to light and lots of hinting at what might be going on, lets my imagination run wild thinking about possibilities. Good stuff.

It just ruins the suprise when they get to the cellar somewhat.

• 1Like