<Prior Amod>
Not the art style. The animation.
is it pain levels bad?
w9qfOKC.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was just so jarring. Not just the different (and awful) animation style, but also the incredible inconsistent tone of the fight. Like full on Looney Tunes shit where Naruto pounds Tendo into the ground like a tent stake. Then Nagato decides to resort to Planetary Devastation and the episode abruptly reverts back to the normal animation style and a tone appropriate for how dire things are.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The animation / art style of ToG as it is now, while being faithful to the webtoon, reminds me a lot of animations from the 70's, like Ralph Bakshi's stuff. Often see the characters appear to be placed on a flat space, rather than -in- a space (if that makes sense). It might turn away a lot of viewers though. I know the art has gotten a lot better as the story progresses, but will ppl be patient enough to get there?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am fine with the style and animation. The GF, who doesn’t watch much anime or know anything about ToG, actually really liked it. I was more annoyed about some of the omissions and rushing through the initial story they did. Still really enjoyed it and thrilled to see it animated.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I was more annoyed about some of the omissions and rushing through the initial story they did.
They shuffled the initial exposition around and try to rush through it to capture new viewers. To be fair, in the original material it isn't very easy to grasp in the first chapters what is going on and what kind of story this wants to be. Then on the other hand I may misremember, it has been years.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I skimmed through TOG, animation looks fine imo.

i re-read the beginning, it covers chap1-6 exactly.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am fine with the style and animation. The GF, who doesn’t watch much anime or know anything about ToG, actually really liked it. I was more annoyed about some of the omissions and rushing through the initial story they did. Still really enjoyed it and thrilled to see it animated.
They didn't skip tooo much, mainly the reasoning for Yuri and Evan being there, they show up very abruptly in the anime. I DO like how ppl new to ToG are going to get a very sympathetic impression for Rachel, lol.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
oh. Bookworm and fruits basket season 2? What have i become that i get Johnny53ing hyped for those 2 shows?

Johnny53 YEAH,
Cultured? A weab? I dunno either, but those are really good shows, so I will enjoy the funk out of them.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First episode of Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! seemed ok for an isekai.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So ..

Digimon Reboot- b/c childhood.
SAO Underworld pt2.

Usually end up watching some random anime recommended here. Like Shield Girl Boufri from last season which was great.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lol is ToG even being done by an actual animation company or did Crunchyroll just get tired of hearing the cries for it so badly they got their own artists to "give this anime making thing a try"?

I'm going to try to muscle through it, but god damn this is gross. Some scenes are ok, but some scenes look straight out of that 1977 Hobbit cartoon.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Nothing wrong with animation - If you recall ToG was one of those very few webtoons that didnt start with as amazing art as it has now. Now the shit is fuckin tits where as when i started it was just good enough to give me some intrigue. However where ever the art does fail the fuckin settings and world building is something that only shit like One Piece can measure up to.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Lol is ToG even being done by an actual animation company or did Crunchyroll just get tired of hearing the cries for it so badly they got their own artists to "give this anime making thing a try"?
Telecom Animation Film is the studio, which is a subsidiary of TMS Entertainment, which is owned by Sega Sammy. Production committee seems to be Crunchyroll, Line Webtoon and Sega.

They did PSO2. No, not that one last two seasons, the original one. Which does not bode well.

Usually end up watching some random anime recommended here.
Season has just started, so 90% of the shows didn't even have episode 1 out. We'll know more in 1-2 weeks.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The 8th Son was pretty good. Bungo to Alchemist was OK. Not a bad start to the season.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Listeners - Thought this was going to be about the 2 MC's bringing the concept of music back to the world. It might be, but its also about the girl plugging herself into an amp which turns into a giant robot to fight against some giant shadow monsters wearing deadmau5 masks. I'm sure that sounds cool to someone, but its not for me.

Tamayomi - Seemed like more Cinderalla Nine, and always I'm down for some mediocre girls doing stuff anime. That animation though.....

Kakushigoto - The art style made me nope out initially, but I gave it another shot and I'm glad I did. The father/daughter parts are sweet, the rest of it is pretty funny, and has a bunch of VA's that I like from other things. Will be sticking with this.

Nami yo Kiitekure - I saw a comment calling this anime-Frasier, and it seems accurate. Its basically non-stop talking by the MC, but its pretty entertaining. Twice the dialogue of a normal show, felt like half the time.

50/50 so far on the random ones I've tried.