Spring 2021 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ya i guess Uzaki and nagatoro give out the same vibe. Once i realized the VA for senpai was the same as deku it added another dimension to the series for me. I can't help but feel she's bullying deku which is fucking great.
yeah but the dude in Uzaki-chan doesn't have single digit testosterone like in Nagatoro, and since they're both adults in college instead of high schoolers they can make a little more free with the pervy humor.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Yeah i agree with you.

i guess my tolerance for pussies in anime is higher, i feel the whole story is about him getting out of his shell and growing a (small) backbone because of her, while she ‘falls’ for him.
But i totally understand not being able to get over how winpy he is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not sure where to put this, but anyone's got recommendation on anime movies for 4-6 years old ?
lulz is this legit?
42ed774b2ff945e5d2ba3b3ebd0c9572.png

eh, even if it's fake, it's not like a 4year old needs blu rays

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
lulz is this legit?
42ed774b2ff945e5d2ba3b3ebd0c9572.png

eh, even if it's fake, it's not like a 4year old needs blu rays

3 movies per DVD? Definitely not going to be great quality but like you said, it's for a 4 year old.

Ghibli movies were the first thing that came to mind.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
3 movies per DVD? Definitely not going to be great quality but like you said, it's for a 4 year old.

Ghibli movies were the first thing that came to mind.
just throw out the dvd w/ grave of the fireflies, no 4 year needs to watch that shit

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
just throw out the dvd w/ grave of the fireflies, no 4 year needs to watch that shit

Nope, that has to be the first one the kid sees. Make sure they know how good they have it. Follow it up with The Wind Rises.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't seen Ponyo or newer, but avoid anything Nausica of the Winds or earlier (grave explicitly).
Otherwise? Solid entertainment, for both adults and kids

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
For a 4 year old? I'd show them Akira. Home run, chipperson!

And if the kids are into psudo violence (like lasers and shit, similar to G.I. Joe), I'd suggest a Gundam series from 5-6 years ago. Gundam Build Fighters. The first 2 seasons, so Gundam Build Fighters and Gundam Build Fighters Try.

It's a show about building model Gundams and putting them into a machine that allows what you built to "battle" in a VR type setting. It's a neat show for kids. My daughter loved that one as well.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The new crunchyroll site layout is different and I hate things that are different!

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I have an ominous feeling that the season finale is gonna be omega disappointing.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I have an ominous feeling that the season finale is gonna be omega disappointing.

I've definitely been enjoying the show less as it has gone on, so a disappointing finale wouldn't surprise me.

The almost all CGI episodes lately have really made me wish Orange would stop fucking around with Beastars and give us season 2 of Land of the Lustrous.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
From reading the books, I always had a picture in my head about how these battles went down. I didn't realize until the anime just how far along it was in the future, though. Way after the spoiler I gave a few posts ago. I'm glad to watch the show because it puts more things in context.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Damn Vivy...what and ending. Gonna definitely be buying the Blu-ray of that one.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users