Spring 2021 Anime Thread

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What I want to know is how he went from being in a desolate barren snowscape to a tropical jungle. Nothing in between conifer forests, temperate areas, grasslands ect all skipped over. Right to the jungle!
Jungle? He is in a temperate forest area.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BullySubs is excising the crunchy roll cringe from Nagatoro, if anyone’s interested.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Jungle? He is in a temperate forest area.
It's really not though, sure the panoramic show the Conifers but all the zoomed in shots show decidious trees with palms in the foreground and the swamp scene is right out of the Louisiana Bayou. It's so disjointed that it makes it hard to get past.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
That all being said, the ending to the 3rd ep was awesome. This one is going to be one of the best of the season I think.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Damn, that took a wile. Finally got through the Saturday shows... and nothing really stuck out to me, but the Slime killing for 300 years is a maybe..

Saturday
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun -|- Demon High School. I remember watching the first season, but it didn't give me enough of a feeling to warrant watching the 2nd season.
Detective Conan -|- Pass.
Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita -|- 300 years of slime killing. It's a cute show, but I don't yet know if I like it or not, so I'll give it another episode or two.
Thunderbolt Fantasy -|- It's back. But I still don't care.
Ljiranaide, Nagatoro-san -|- Hot girl beats on dorks. It didn't grab my attention, so pass.
Vivy - Fluorite Eye's Song -|- Singing to make people happy in an AI war in the future, then introduce a time travel stuffed bear and... oh, you lost me.
86 - Eighty Six -|- Guest Starring the big bad robot from the Wild Wild West movie. Visually, this is an exceptional anime, but at the same time, it didn't grab my attention. I'll skip it due to everything else I'm watching.
Battle Athletess Daiundoukai ReSTART! -|- I can't really describe this except saying it's shit.
Shadows House -|- This show is very calm and peaceful. Coming of age type of story that takes place in a world where some people are shadows, and these shadow people have "dolls" to be their faces. Dolls just means someone under 10 years old. Anyway, at the same time, I don't know what the draw to continue watching it would be, so I will leave it here.
Bishounen Tanteidan -|- Pretty Boy detective agency. Its' trash, so I'm going to skip it.
Tokyo Revengers -|- I started this one off, but couldn't get into it. I'm also tired. Anyway, I took a shower,then started watching the show again. Even after the nap, I was sleepy, so I watched a little longer, and still couldn't get into it. So yeah, I'm not going to watch this.
Tropical-Rouge! Precure -|- Nah...
One Piece -|- Fell out of One Piece a long time ago. Pass.
Digimon Adventure -|- Continue to skip
Boruto -|- Continue to skip

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So here's a hot take.

At my work I heard that people won't watch demon slayer because it highlights the earrings of Tanjiro. Which resemble the Japanese Imperial Rising Sun. Even though they're explicitly Hanafuda which is some flower shit that is unrelated. Nevermind that the "Rising Sun" is still the current flag of Japan.

I looked this up and sure enough despite the popularity of Demon Slayer there are Chinese and Korean versions of the show that censor the earrings. But, at work this is from third and fourth generation asians that still somehow find the Japanese flag offensive.

HONK HONK.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So here's a hot take.

At my work I heard that people won't watch demon slayer because it highlights the earrings of Tanjiro. Which resemble the Japanese Imperial Rising Sun. Even though they're explicitly Hanafuda which is some flower shit that is unrelated. Nevermind that the "Rising Sun" is still the current flag of Japan.

I looked this up and sure enough despite the popularity of Demon Slayer there are Chinese and Korean versions of the show that censor the earrings. But, at work this is from third and fourth generation asians that still somehow find the Japanese flag offensive.

HONK HONK.
There is no racism anywhere in the world more potent than the racism one Asian feels towards a different kind of Asian.

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So here's a hot take.

HONK HONK.

What the fuck?

Vivy - Fluorite Eye's Song -|- Singing to make people happy in an AI war in the future, then introduce a time travel stuffed bear and... oh, you lost me.

If you've only watched the first episode, you might want to give it another episode or two before you give up on it. Story is by the writer of Re:Zero and it's not some happy, silly shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So here's a hot take.

HONK HONK.
9ba3ba2110a2f32f2a70b808819dbbe3.png

white ppl started it way long ago tho
b9975119d2f575a7d3a12b06a9b30f02.png

to this day, i don't know if poison was originally a tranny or cuz sega of america changed poison to a dude that it's now lore poison has become a tranny
c2a7608b3f4ecd19dac8b07efb24496a.png

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck?

If you've only watched the first episode, you might want to give it another episode or two before you give up on it. Story is by the writer of Re:Zero and it's not some happy, silly shit.
Second. It's definitely suffering from some culture shock as you wrap your mind around some future bear working with some anime singer AI, but it definitely gets better once you work your way past that.

Dragon house hunting, Odd Taxi, And spider desu ka are still my faves of what's going. Dragon really got that helpless main character right for me, it's a trope I usually groan at pretty hard.

• 2Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Second. It's definitely suffering from some culture shock as you wrap your mind around some future bear working with some anime singer AI, but it definitely gets better once you work your way past that.

The bear doesn't even stay a bear anyway.

• 2Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Damn, that took a wile. Finally got through the Saturday shows... and nothing really stuck out to me, but the Slime killing for 300 years is a maybe..

Saturday

Shadows House -|- This show is very calm and peaceful. Coming of age type of story that takes place in a world where some people are shadows, and these shadow people have "dolls" to be their faces. Dolls just means someone under 10 years old. Anyway, at the same time, I don't know what the draw to continue watching it would be, so I will leave it here.
Vivy - Probably top contender for Series of the season easy. AI in the bear gets it original body a bit later.

Shadows House I would consider Horror Mystery. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

You can really start to see how one key event starts to affect another and another as they move further from (official history.)

Making the Jet out of cubes was pretty cool. Shows the efficiency of AI when put to their task at hand. I just did a playthrough of Halo 4 yesterday and That whole scene for flying to and inside the building with parts closing and the area getting smaller reminded me of that instantly.

So is Vivy now a separate personality from Diva? Like some kind of AI multiple personality disorder?

b0UYxOE.png

This POV shot of the blood on her hands really gonna mess her up:

QxbLkvC.png

Good lord I kinda expected that ending but not really.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The bear doesn't even stay a bear anyway.
Where the hell was this character in Re:Zero? Every step forward they take, she seems to become even more fanatically devoted than the future cube. Show was real slow at first, but when it was on it was on like donkey kong. I thought she might turn out as horrible as subaru, but when she axed that AI like she meant nothing...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Where the hell was this character in Re:Zero? Every step forward they take, she seems to become even more fanatically devoted than the future cube. Show was real slow at first, but when it was on it was on like donkey kong. I thought she might turn out as horrible as subaru, but when she axed that AI like she meant nothing...
Yeah, the mission is Vivy's now, Matsumoto is just along for the ride as her assistant/advisor. She's even come up with a line of reasoning to fit the new mission in to her original one. Once it was revealed that the core was Grace and there was no saving her, the ending to the episode was fairly obvious. I'm guessing that in the end Vivy will end up sacrificing herself to complete her mission. I usually like depressing shit, so I can't imagine how we get anything better than a bittersweet ending and still have it satisfying.

Non spoiler: Vivy keeps getting better and is definitely in contention for my favorite show this season.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the mission is Vivy's now, Matsumoto is just along for the ride as her assistant/advisor. She's even come up with a line of reasoning to fit the new mission in to her original one. Once it was revealed that the core was Grace and there was no saving her, the ending to the episode was fairly obvious. I'm guessing that in the end Vivy will end up sacrificing herself to complete her mission. I usually like depressing shit, so I can't imagine how we get anything better than a bittersweet ending and still have it satisfying.

Non spoiler: Vivy keeps getting better and is definitely in contention for my favorite show this season.
I'm just really used to anime, so often the most obvious choice involves lots of incoherent crying and drama that gets dragged on too. This was especially true with subaru, who just couldn't fucking accept the obvious. Vivy gets the same message and goes "BUCKLE UP LETS DO THIS" and fucks up everything in her path.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.

My theory for how this plays out (apparently there's only 13 episodes...this was written apparently as a novel that hasn't been yet released prior to the making of the anime from what I've read.)

All through this, Vivy determines that the mission was a failure in the end and sends her own AI program back in time again with all the memories of the new timeline to try and get it right. With every AI defeated the memories are being accumulated within her I believe. From them and her own experiences. However this time it's not just the cold calculation of the Matsumoto but Vivy actually cares what happens to the people and can try to stop it before the break point instead of just reacting to what happens.

• 1Like