Spring 2021 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Okay, finally done watching ALL of the new shows. Christ, there's a lot that I seem to like, so I'll have to trim the fat even further. Anyway, here's my latest opinions.

Sunday
Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! -|- Some sex craized edgelord has to go on missions to other planets to find a new habitat to make a colany on. The intro first few minutes really turned me off of the show, so pass.
Dragon, le wo Kau. -|- This seems like it would be a great series for my daughter, who loves dragons. That said, it doesn't interest me at all.
Yuukoku no Moriarty -|- Continuation from last season and skip.
Nomad - Magelo Box 2 -|- It's nice to see the return of Gearless Joe. That was such a good show the first time around, but it's emotionally darker now. He's turned to pain pills. I look forward to the rest of the season.
Sayonara Watashi no Cramer -|- Girls high school soccer team. It was a very strong first episode. I won't go so far as to say Haikyuu, but it was still really good.
Seven Knights Revolution - Eiyuu no Keishousha -|- Right off the bat, this LOOKS like it'll be a good series. But I already have way too many on my plate, so I'm going to skip it. But someone else watch it and let me know please.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So here's my full list of things to watch that I need to trim further.

Monday:
Yakunara Mug Cup mo -/- Pottery show. This could be my first removal.
Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou. - /- Runaway girl moves in with some dude.

Tuesday:
Slime Side Story
Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu -/- Saintess that makes potions
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon -/- Return of Maid Dragon, with very short episodes.

Wednesday:
Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy -/- Arthor that's also a pro model.
Full Dive -/- VMMORPG w/ guy that kills his best friend.

Thursday:
Isekai Maou to Shoukan no Dorei Majutsu -/- Demon Lord Isekai season 2

Friday:
Kumo desu ga, Nani ka -/- Spider Isekai
SSSS.Dynazenon -/- Voltron
Mashiro no Oto -/- Heavy Metal
Boku no Hero Academia -/- It's back!

Saturday:
Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita -/- 300 Year slime killer witch
Vivy - Fluorite Eye's Song -/- Giving it another try.

Sunday:
Nomad - Magelo Box 2 -/- It's back!
Sayonara Watashi no Cramer -/- Girls soccer

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
Xarpolis' anime blog, coming from the guy who don't know the 3 episodes rule and drop good shows halfway in the first episode.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Xarpolis' anime blog, coming from the guy who don't know the 3 episodes rule and drop good shows halfway in the first episode.
and he uses the full japspeak names, making his posts as unintelligible as possible.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
When I illegally download them, that's the way they name the episodes!

random white girl "I want to go see the demon slayer train movie in theatres"

anime boy "oh you like kimetsu no yaiba?"

random white girl "no i only like watching this demon slayer anime now i loved it when i watch the reaction videos on episode 19"

anime boy "
tenor.gif

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Princess of Snow and Blood has no filler. This is like season 2 but it's episode 6.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i loved it when i watch the reaction videos
Animae-Chan is a cutie tho.

Mugen Train was a bit of a trip, I knew one of the major story developments before-hand but the movie still managed to surprise me quite a bit. I actually wasn't over the moon for Demon Slayer, don't care for how tropey it is and the wild swings between grimdark and complete silliness, but damn Ufotable just absolutely kills it when it comes to animation and fight choreography.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If you haven't read the manga yet you might enjoy it. It's a Jump story, so shounen tropes all the way, but it is a pretty fun ride.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you haven't read the manga yet you might enjoy it. It's a Jump story, so shounen tropes all the way, but it is a pretty fun ride.
Between a few shrewd guesses and random assholes spoiling things I'm pretty sure I already know how 90% of the manga goes.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Animae-Chan is a cutie tho.

Mugen Train was a bit of a trip, I knew one of the major story developments before-hand but the movie still managed to surprise me quite a bit. I actually wasn't over the moon for Demon Slayer, don't care for how tropey it is and the wild swings between grimdark and complete silliness, but damn Ufotable just absolutely kills it when it comes to animation and fight choreography.
I actually had a really hard time getting into Demon Slayer because I found the Zinitsu character to be so ridiculous, but Mugen Train was so fucking good that it allowed me to ignore the rest of the failings the series has.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually had a really hard time getting into Demon Slayer because I found the Zinitsu character to be so ridiculous, but Mugen Train was so fucking good that it allowed me to ignore the rest of the failings the series has.
See I like Zenitsu as comic relief in the middle of the combat arcs, I don't like that they also use him for the complete zaniness that the series bogs down in between demon fights.