Spring 2021 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's funny that I had a few guesses about where Demon Slayer was going that I found out were pretty much all correct when some shit got spoiled for me. I do wish that shit hadn't been spoiled but it's not enough to turn me off from continuing to follow the series.

Conversely every guess I make about Spider is wrong.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Overlord 4th season and movie was announced. No firm dates. Probably next year.

overlord4-724x1024.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It's funny that I had a few guesses about where Demon Slayer was going that I found out were pretty much all correct when some shit got spoiled for me. I do wish that shit hadn't been spoiled but it's not enough to turn me off from continuing to follow the series.

Conversely every guess I make about Spider is wrong.
Kumochan is way too fucking short every week. And while human arc is still mostly garbage we are at least getting some good stuff that feeds into Kumochan's arc, and we see some of the results of the 15 years in between the two. The after credits scene this week is especially telling.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
Spider has it's faults, but being predictable isn't one of them.

I have to commend the voice actress - she makes a deranged psychopath cute and entertaining ;p

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've caught up on a few different shows now. All of them are doing well.

Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway.
Honestly, this is a good show. It's very "in the feels" type, and his coworker boss chick is good stuff. I-Size tits aside, I like what she brings.

These Snow White Notes is fucking awesome. I love this show.

Megalobox 2: Nomad - This is very good as well. It's so much emotionally darker than the first season, but I still like it.

Romcom where Childhood Friend Won't Lose - I'm not up to date on this one, but I still like the show. I'll get through it in no time.

I have the other 11 shows I liked the first episode of downloaded. I just need to watch them now.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
wtf are there always after credits scenes? This brings me back to thinking maybe Kumoko IS the demon lord in the future.
Yeah I noticed that after like episode two. Usually I just go "K credits song, next episode." But -clearly- something happened in between episode 2 and 3, which made me go back and watch the after credits. It's not a preview; it's actual story. Mildly annoying but now that I know it's there I am like "ok, that's just what I gotta click now."

I'm liking Spider a lot. Haven't read the manga/ln or anything, so this is all new info to me.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I finished the Light Novel's volume 9, which dropped a TON of changes to the story. So there's that. I'm A Spider, So What is really good shit.

So... The spider is now a god. She got that way by eating a bomb that could have blown up a continent. She was always jealous about the demon lord having Gluttony skill, which is one of the 7 Deadly Sin skills. Spider chick has Pride and Sloth.

Meanwhile, the Demon Lord has Gluttony.

Envy is the little Vampire girl, and Wrath is the Goblin -> Ogre -> Ojin (magic guy). He makes magic weapons because of his skill.

Oh, and that crazy kid from the school that tried to kill the Hero's brother has Lust and Greed.

(1)Pride (2)Greed (3)Lust (4)Envy (5)Gluttony (6)Wrath (7)Sloth

Anyway, after the spider chick became a god, she went full person mode. She also lost all of her skills. She's now just a person, that can't use skills at all. In other words, she's useless. Eventually she learns how to make web, but it's terribly weak. Then this kid gives her alcohol, and suddenly she figures out how to use magic and she's (mostly) strong again. I really like this book.

Oh, then they dropped a huge bomb shell on the readers. After becoming a god, Administrator D invited spider girl (white) to come visit her once she figures out how to get there. Once her spells are mostly back together, she teleports over to Japan just to see her house again. It's been 15-16 years in the spider's world, but it turns out only 6 months have passed in Japan. And when she gets to her house, she finds out that it belongs to Administrator D. See, D is the real girl that spider-chick thought she was.

Of the 26 people that died in class and were teleported to that new world, only 25 were human. There was also a small garden spider that died. And because D didn't want her boss to realize that she had been fucking around on earth instead of working, she captured the soul of the garden spider, and put all of her memories (of being a human) into it. Then resurrected it as a spider in the labyrinth.

It's been good shit. I'm in the first quarter of volume 10 now, and I also have volume 11. Volume 12 comes out in a few more months.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Kumochan is almost caught up to the manga for Kumochan's arc, and is way past it for the boring human arc. They haven't gotten to the school or any of that shit in the manga. Don't think they will bother with the time skipping there.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Welp, Fruits Basket is going to stab me in the feels every week, apparently. That's OK though. I knew that going in.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Iruma was absolute bomb this week. Excellent episode.

Nagatoro is my guilty pleasure of this season, this show is awesome.

So many good slice of life animes this season.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I finished the Light Novel's volume 9, which dropped a TON of changes to the story.
To be fair, there is a lot of foreshadowing. And by foreshadowing it just flat out bonks you over the head with the truth:

LN 1: "Or here’s an even crazier idea: Maybe I’m not the real me at all, just some total stranger who happens to have the memories of another person."

The Appraisal skill also tells you straight what's up, especially when leveled up and with ruler of wisdom it always says "Nameless", in contrast to showing the current name and the previous name for all the other reincarnations.

Here's an actual review for the web novel, which I found hilarious. To this day I don't know if it was honest or an attempt at trolling:

"First of all the way author writes makes things way too confusing, and do not mistake me, I am not saying mysterious or mind-blowing or will make sense once you learn why things happened kind of confusing, I'm saying it feels like author tries too hard to be some kind of unique creator? and he fails, miserably. The MC has no personality, I felt like I'm reading a actual spider with a human intelligence not a human reborn as a spider oh and before you start be ready for a spider that has more web than its body size inside it..."

Malkav

French Madman
To be fair, there is a lot of foreshadowing. And by foreshadowing it just flat out bonks you over the head with the truth:

LN 1: "Or here’s an even crazier idea: Maybe I’m not the real me at all, just some total stranger who happens to have the memories of another person."

The Appraisal skill also tells you straight what's up, especially when leveled up and with ruler of wisdom it always says "Nameless", in contrast to showing the current name and the previous name for all the other reincarnations.

Here's an actual review for the web novel, which I found hilarious. To this day I don't know if it was honest or an attempt at trolling:

"First of all the way author writes makes things way too confusing, and do not mistake me, I am not saying mysterious or mind-blowing or will make sense once you learn why things happened kind of confusing, I'm saying it feels like author tries too hard to be some kind of unique creator? and he fails, miserably. The MC has no personality, I felt like I'm reading a actual spider with a human intelligence not a human reborn as a spider oh and before you start be ready for a spider that has more web than its body size inside it..."

Even the anime already pretty much beat us over the head with it.
With Admin D saying she didnt reincarnate, number of people being fucky, and they went our of their way to show the fucking spider in the classroom recently.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Even the anime already pretty much beat us over the head with it.
To be fair, the anime has some serious problems with adapting the story. They cut out half of the human parts to rush through the story, which makes these parts totally bland and uninteresting. And on top of that the animation of the human parts was sometimes pretty bad.

They basically lost all the juxtaposition of how many of the things on the human side happen because Kumoko fucked around years ago. In the manga you can see a glimpse of it, but the whole point of the story is how the "generic, morally self-rightous male Isekai MC" (embodied by Shun) can't do anything right.

The light novel on the other does an amazing job on misleading you, making you think Sophia is Kumoko in the future. And if you think the plot twists end with the big reveal who Kumoko really was, the series has still a lot of surprises for you. Here's a head-scratcher for you:
Technically, Filimøs/Oka-Sensei and the Demon Lord Ariel are half-sisters.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Diablo went full supreme gentleman when he saw wedding rings and open displays of affection.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users