Spring 2021 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
List so far:

Vivy: Flourite Eye's Song - AI war related stuff between humans and AI. first 2 episodes are out. looks interesting, will keep watching for now. Same basic story as Terminator so far.

Sentouin, Hakenshimasu (Combatents will be dispatched) - Creator of Konosuba.. will give it a try. Supposed to be super funny.

How not to summon a demon lord s2 - Saw the first season, will watch the second.

Godzilla S.P. - haven't seen it yet, willing to give it a try.

Fate Grand Order Movie - Hope to see it.
SAO Progressive Move - Hope to see it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
just a heads up, if you are even thinking about buying anything macross related, buy it now, next year is...

man how are old are you if you can remember, it's the 40th anniversary

i believe summer is when macross delta will release their second movie

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Real Macross or the Harmony Gold travesty? Because the latter can go die in a dumpster fire.
i mean they probably long since lost the rights to robotech by now.

*edit
wow holy shit, maybe not

anyway, we follow the jap macross timeline where macross 2 doesn't exist

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So....
Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! episode 1. Same author as Konosuba.

Has Darkness and Megumin VA's

The KonoSuba OST with "EXPLOSION!"

So..I thought it was pretty good. Definitely the same type of humor.

Seems entertaining enough..will stick with it.

25bf15a8c77f53bece6025674a887acbf0e66f3af064bfd4443fe23368d6c31f.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Vivy: Flourite Eye's Song - AI war related stuff between humans and AI. first 2 episodes are out. looks interesting, will keep watching for now. Same basic story as Terminator so far.
It's written by two authors: One is the author of Re:Zero and the other wrote scripts for the Re:Zero anime and Chaos;Child. So I expect a story leaving a bitter aftertaste.

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Oh look another anime Crunchyroll doesn't have.

I swear to god it's getting worse and worse.

Where do you all watch shit nowadays?

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ufotable is doing an ova of fate/stay night.

Yes, you read it correctly.

Like a full on remake of Stay Night? Cause Stay Night badly needs to be remade, especially that terrible CGI dragon that they replaced one of the sex scenes with.

Do you have a source for this?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No. There were three routes to the original Fate/stay night eroge that spawned the Fate franchise.

Fate route: The Saber route, this was made into a series called Fate/stay night back in 2006 by Studio Deen

Unlimited Blade Works: The Rin route, this was made into a series called Unlimited Blade Works back in 2014 by Ufotable

Heaven's Feel: The Sakura route, this was made into a trilogy of OVAs called Heaven's Feel 1, 2, and 3 (Presage Flower, Lost Butterfly, Spring Song) starting back in 2017 by Ufotable

What you linked is just the third Heaven's Feel movie.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Someone has been living under a rock if they are not aware of the Heaven's Feel movies.

Malkav

French Madman
Still need to watch the last one who released in BR recently.

I saw the first 2 at pre-release showings in theater. Definitely don't regret not doing that for the 3rd, because god I'm a weeb, but the audience was so fucking cringe at those.

Fadaar

That guy
You know outside of Pixar and the like I don’t think I’ve ever seen an animated movie at the theater. At least that I can remember, maybe when I was really little.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
You know outside of Pixar and the like I don’t think I’ve ever seen an animated movie at the theater. At least that I can remember, maybe when I was really little.
Pre covid there were many in select theaters around the country. There are many anime movies or shows I would pay to see on the big screen. If Hollywood wants to avoid theaters then this may be a way to get people there.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This season is really not impressing so far.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
None of the Disney movies? American Tail? Land Before Time? Dark Crystal?