Spring 2023 Anime Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I haven't heard anything about the latest Ranking of Kings season. Is it good? Anyone watching?
Is that a new season? I assumed it was an OVA or something haven't bothered watching. First season was top shelf, feel like im doing it a disservice if I'm just blowing off season two, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Is that a new season? I assumed it was an OVA or something haven't bothered watching. First season was top shelf, feel like im doing it a disservice if I'm just blowing off season two, lol.

It's supposed to be a spin-off of short stories, but it's set for 12 episodes. Like you said, S1 was so good that I feel bad for ignoring it so far and I'm surprised no one is watching it. I guess I'll take the dive this weekend.

Edit- It's a collection of short stories that expands on season 1. It's such a good story and these are quite good as well. Really like them so far. Nothing amazing just solid extra content.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Sacrificial princess and the king of the beasts is a quality show. But I'm super triggered by Sirius losing his tail by becoming adult anubis. SUPER TRIGGERED. I have an Anubis art painting that is totally fraudulent. Maybe I should share it. Won it in some bet on eve online from a guy that is a huxter, but it was free to me.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The finale of Demon Slayer was great. And 51 minutes at that. That show is phenomenal.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I was wracking my brain trying to figure out the significance of Nezuko clenching her fist after kicking Tanjiro, and I don't think there's a manga answer because I read somewhere that Ufotable redid the scene and expanded it significantly to try and really pull one over on non-manga readers (it worked, fuckers).

It hit me a few days ago that Inosuke made a very similar gesture early in the entertainment district arc to show Tanjiro the rank marks on the back of their hands. Nezuko is showing Tanjiro the place where her rank mark would be if she had been formally inducted into the corps. Now the kick already makes it pretty clear where she stands on the matter but the gesture is a reminder to Tanjiro about the duty of a Demon Slayer to make sure he honors her decision and finishes off Upper Four.

Maybe.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So I was wracking my brain trying to figure out the significance of Nezuko clenching her fist after kicking Tanjiro, and I don't think there's a manga answer because I read somewhere that Ufotable redid the scene and expanded it significantly to try and really pull one over on non-manga readers (it worked, fuckers).

It hit me a few days ago that Inosuke made a very similar gesture early in the entertainment district arc to show Tanjiro the rank marks on the back of their hands. Nezuko is showing Tanjiro the place where her rank mark would be if she had been formally inducted into the corps. Now the kick already makes it pretty clear where she stands on the matter but the gesture is a reminder to Tanjiro about the duty of a Demon Slayer to make sure he honors her decision and finishes off Upper Four.

Maybe.
Didn't the flash back mid kick literally explain why?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I do not understand how so many people on these boards can not read between the lines, yall some autistic mother fuckers with zero imagination. That whole flash back was a brief look at all they went through and he always protected the innocent, it is why when he landed he immediately had no more conflict and did his job.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I do not understand how so many people on these boards can not read between the lines, yall some autistic mother fuckers with zero imagination. That whole flash back was a brief look at all they went through and he always protected the innocent, it is why when he landed he immediately had no more conflict and did his job.
How do you get that from the flashback?

• 1Seriously?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
trying to figure out the significance of Nezuko clenching her fist
Are you fucking dense? How many god damn times do I have to spell it out for you that I'm specifically talking about the gesture she made before the flashback started?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Are you fucking dense? How many god damn times do I have to spell it out for you that I'm specifically talking about the gesture she made before the flashback started?
That is what triggered the flashback, how is this that hard it took you a couple days to figure out its importance? Clenched fist is also a universal symbol to fight... but yeah sure, I am the dense one.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That is what triggered the flashback, how is this that hard it took you a couple days to figure out its importance? Clenched fist is also a universal symbol to fight... but yeah sure, I am the dense one.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Today was the finale of Kono Suba Explosion. It ended up being another decent series. I'm glad I stuck with it, even if the first few episodes bored me a bit.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
wooop.jpg

Am I the only one that saw a heil hitler here. And wtf is that animal to the left. Looks mighty familiar to my sona if I do say so myself.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They delayed it a few days, but the finale of Iseleve (Cheat Skill in Another World) aired today. I'll watch it soon.

• 1Like