Spring 2023 Anime Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
you just missed the flashbacks about what his mother was....
I watched them, did you?

1684118815050.png

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yes his mom got turned into a Demon and killed the other kids. As well as their father. The older brother who is a Hashira now and Genya escaped. But how does Genya have demon powers but isn't a demon?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yes his mom got turned into a Demon and killed the other kids. As well as their father. The older brother who is a Hashira now and Genya escaped. But how does Genya have demon powers but isn't a demon?

She was a demon, and slashed him right? I can't remember the specifics of how you can get turned into a demon but I thought that was "supposed" to be the take away. Maybe not though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I thought you had to drink the big bad demon's blood. Then consume human flesh to completely turn into a demon. Which is why Nezuko is half-demon or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea I have no idea. This show isn't great at conveying specifics.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
and what do partial demon powers have to do with the Amida Sutra chant healing him? Or is the sutra just a way to focus himself? He also says something about 'the longer this goes on, the closer I come to being depleted' so there's some kind of strict limit on how long his power lasts (that im sure he will be able to exceed by going plus ultra in a moment of crisis).

I thought you had to drink the big bad demon's blood. Then consume human flesh to completely turn into a demon. Which is why Nezuko is half-demon or something.
Yeah they originally said only Muzan could create more demons, but Upper Two turned Daki and Gyutaro into demons back when he was Upper Six. Maybe it still takes Muzan's blood even if someone other than Muzan does it.

As for the Nezuko thing, it got spoiled for me yesterday by some manga reading faggot. Reeeeeeeee.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm still liking Iseleve. Something as simple as how they animate the eyes keeps my attention. It isn't realistic, but it looks good and I find myself always looking at the character eyes.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
That oshi no ko episode hits hard.

That transition was *chef kiss*

1684353740906.png

1684353612298.png

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Loving Yamada at LVL 999 has a lot of good MMO player tropes.

The cutesy catgirl who Akane thought was her friend being some dude was classic. Getting the psycho simp otaku on her to freak her out felt juuuust right.

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 7.43.17 PM.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
There's not happiness in hells paradise is there he? Lol

Great episode

Yamada was great too

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Obviously after what they went through to bring down Daki and Gyutaro there was no way Tanjiro was going to kill Upper Four right there but god damn.

Also god damn Haganezuka.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
While I can't remember the character's name, that red haired girl from level 999 yamada show might be my "best girl" of the season. She's good stuff.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While I can't remember the character's name, that red haired girl from level 999 yamada show might be my "best girl" of the season. She's good stuff.
Akane is my waifu this season, you can't have her.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I’d really appreciate it if Vinland Saga would stop intruding upon my feels.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
In retrospect it now seems like Akaza was probably just toying with Rengoku and not really exerting himself at all. Yeah he did panic a bit when he got rope-a-doped so close to sunrise but his true power must have been as far beyond Rengoku as Rengoku was beyond the trio at the time.

Which raises the question of how the fuck are they going to beat Akaza, to say nothing of the two higher ranked upper moons, whatever upper-moon equivalent emergency stop-gaps Muzan comes up with, and then Muzan himself? The ancestor dude couldn't bring him down and now he's had hundreds more years to gain power.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The power of friendship and believing in one's self.

Do you even watch shonen dude?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The power of friendship and believing in one's self.

Do you even watch shonen dude?
Well yeah shonen power creep was the obvious answer, Red Sword Tanjiro is probably already more powerful than Esoteric Rengoku was. Just curious how they're going to explain it in-universe, and whether or not Zenitsu will have turned all his Thunderclap and Flash variants into their own separate Breathing Form by the time the series is over.

• 1Like