Spring Anime 2016 Thread

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
New Berserk
D.gray-man looks good
Wow, D.gray-man

I think I remember watching that a close to decade ago and it coming to an abrupt end.

More Beserk is always good really hoping to see some of the content that's been teased at us anime watchers for years by manga readers.

Fadaar

That guy
It seemed interesting, then it was just meh - Its not creepy or eerie at all. I liked Shiki and Higurashi but this is nothing like that. This is some watered down PG bs at best.
Honestly RE: Zero has been the fucked up mystery/thriller I expected Lost Village to be.

Also since it was mentioned and reminded me to ask -- should I bother watching the old Berserk/reading the manga or just go in blind to the new series? Never seen/read anything obviously.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
"Old Berserk" series omits a major character and all the story linked to it, and the anime ends at a "wtf is this shit?" point with absolutely no plausible explanation of why the anime starts and ends how it does. It's a cool watch but it's missing something rather important and the ending is not going to leave you feeling even remotely satisfied. They are however pretty damn cool leading right up to the end, and they have the "Forces" soundtrack song that is part of the whole Berserk thing at this point hah.

There are, however, movies! And they do a -much- better job of getting the character I'm referencing in there, as well as the aftermath. Berserk: Golden Age are the three movies in question, and considering the preview for the upcoming anime shows events after them, probably means they are the best film/video watch to get primed for it. They clearly don't spend nearly as much time on the prequel stuff as the series, but they get you to where you would need to be to understand everything in the upcoming series.

The manga is the best thing if you just want the story, but I would recommend watching the animated movies just because they are pretty damn enjoyable. I'd even recommend watching the 90's animation if you wanted more, but if you watch the movies/read the manga first, the character that is missing is going to really stand out, especially near the end.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The manga is the best thing if you just want the story, but I would recommend watching the animated movies just because they are pretty damn enjoyable. I'd even recommend watching the 90's animation if you wanted more, but if you watch the movies/read the manga first, the character that is missing is going to really stand out, especially near the end.
Indeed, I'm a recent Berserk convert - and watched the old school first - and while I loved it, the handful of omissions the anime made were kind of mind-boggling.

Such a good show though, so amped for July 1st I think it is...

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
"Old Berserk" series omits a major character and all the story linked to it, and the anime ends at a "wtf is this shit?" point with absolutely no plausible explanation of why the anime starts and ends how it does. It's a cool watch but it's missing something rather important and the ending is not going to leave you feeling even remotely satisfied. They are however pretty damn cool leading right up to the end, and they have the "Forces" soundtrack song that is part of the whole Berserk thing at this point hah.

There are, however, movies! And they do a -much- better job of getting the character I'm referencing in there, as well as the aftermath. Berserk: Golden Age are the three movies in question, and considering the preview for the upcoming anime shows events after them, probably means they are the best film/video watch to get primed for it. They clearly don't spend nearly as much time on the prequel stuff as the series, but they get you to where you would need to be to understand everything in the upcoming series.

If anyone was going to watch the 90's beserk it for the first time I would 100% recommend skipping the first EP and watching after the end of the series. You actually then kind of understand wtf is going on and it's a much more satisfying end then the actual "end".

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Cancelled CR again, i dont mind supporting anime but when i can DL the episode at 7mb on a torrent and the CR player is stuck and not playing then it can go to hell :p

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Cancelled CR again, i dont mind supporting anime but when i can DL the episode at 7mb on a torrent and the CR player is stuck and not playing then it can go to hell :p
CR has been getting worse. I can't even watch some episodes on SD because it stutters even on that. Used to be able to watch everything at least at 720p

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I haven't had an issue at all with CR lately, they even seem to have fixed the problem with pausing for long periods and resuming. Must be your ISPs messing around with their traffic and killing keepalive connections.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
CR has been getting worse. I can't even watch some episodes on SD because it stutters even on that. Used to be able to watch everything at least at 720p
While my CR episode of RE:Z was paused i downloaded the 1080p rip in less than 2 min - This is why i just went ahead and cancelled. I cant stream the 720p but i can download the 1080p in no time at all.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's definitely an ISP issue and by that I mean somewhere along the way to your local connection shit hits the fan rather then it being a crunchyroll server issue. Re:zero downloads fine for me. Each incoming connection to your home takes a unique route. So your netflix could be A-OK but your hulu could be fucked because a backbone provider decided to say fuck you to hulu. Anyways crunchyroll uses akamai who are a pretty top tier CDN. I really think its just that crunchy roll refuses to pay ISP's off to not throttle their bandwidth.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's getting Re:Zero this quickly? Still not seeing s01e09 on the sites I use

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
CR has it, even though it's "delayed" by tennis it really just pushes it back a couple hours.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
If anyone was going to watch the 90's beserk it for the first time I would 100% recommend skipping the first EP and watching after the end of the series. You actually then kind of understand wtf is going on and it's a much more satisfying end then the actual "end".
Yeah, if you are going in dry this is the best method. Skip the first episode and go from there, or you are going to be severely wtfing towards the end.