Spring Anime 2016 Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That fight was so fuckin epic, 36 mins of badass that surpasses 99% of the shows that have aired in the last decade =/

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Not sure how I feel about anime I have to rely on the subtitles for. How do I know if they are accurate or not?

Damn cool though.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Those are the thoughts of everyone who isn't fluent in japanese regarding anime, really =|

Season is still decent for what I'm watching, but I absolutely cannot wait for summer's lineup hah.

Fadaar

That guy
At the very least Arslan, Food Wars, and Berserk will keep my pants tight. Always a few surprises in there too. Plus RE: Zero continues through summer.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Those are the thoughts of everyone who isn't fluent in japanese regarding anime, really =|

Season is still decent for what I'm watching, but I absolutely cannot wait for summer's lineup hah.
i love subtitles, i refuse to watch anything dubbed
tongue.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hah, that was kind of what I was joking about. Most people who watch anime (on this forum at least!) probably don't speak much/any japanese of any kind. I know Chys does, and it's funny to me for him to be questioning whether he would be getting the right story from Korean animation because it won't be in a language he (apparently kind of) knows.

XXEXX~ Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, as well as FLCL are all dubbed pretty damn well. Especially Bebop and Champloo.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've only seen a few dubbed shows in the past, and they're typically pretty bad. The voices never match up with the characters they're portraying. Not to mention that they're usually extremely over acted. It's not good.

This is a great example of overacting. Skip to 2:10 for the lolz.

Opie and Anthony: Quincy And The Faux Punks
They talk about it. Pretty funny.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
There are a few out there that are pretty good, like the original Full Metal Alchemist dub, for subtitles you get to a certain point after you have seen so many episodes that you start to pick up on certain word combinations or situations, often times I can look away and still understand to some degree what is going on. You'll also be able to distinguish certain voice actors right away. I can't read or write Japanese at all, but have grown accustomed to subtitles.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm mostly caught up on this seasons anime so I thought I would dive into some of the "Must Watch" anime of the past I haven't seen.

So far it's been easy. Nisekoi was the easiest drop of my life.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This bitch is 90% of why dubbing is horrible
Wendee Lee - IMDb

She's dubbed over 400 animes, and i'm pretty sure she's the industry standard in dubbing, so her shitty dubbing spreads to other bitches who try to emulate her and it becomes even more shitty.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
This bitch is 90% of why dubbing is horrible
Wendee Lee - IMDb

She's dubbed over 400 animes, and i'm pretty sure she's the industry standard in dubbing, so her shitty dubbing spreads to other bitches who try to emulate her and it becomes even more shitty.
I could have happily lived my life without ever hearing that voice. Blech.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
This. Mostly because the dubbed voice overs are so terrible.
Heh with the way most female voices are starting be recorded on anime shows the dubbing really isn't that bad. Seems like most female characters either talk in prepubescent squeals or wispy disinterested voices (see rem and ram in re:zero). That shit is starting to grate as it is becoming more common now.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was/is D.Gray-man worth watching? Their will be a continuation of that story this summer, and the trailer for it looked pretty good.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Despite the type of voices being dubbed, I know the worst part is the lack of the range of emotion. Japanese voice acting really seems to "get into it", versus the alternatives I've seen (even in non-English) that keep the same tones regardless of the situation.

The only voice acting that's usually any good is done by animation outside of dubbed anime.

I'd personally like to see more retired actors try to take on voice acting, even if its for less money.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Ace Attorney was weak and just depressing.
Not sure what you were hoping for. You've played the games, right? It's pretty much dead on exactly the first Ace Attorney game so far, and if that's what you were hoping you'd see, it's very well done. Never mind the fact that the game has been rehashed about a thousand times through releases on every platform known to man.