Spring Anime 2016 Thread

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This has been the weakest season in a while - Outside of the shining stars there are 0 good throw away shows.

Macross is terrible
Cerberus is shit
Einride i shit
Everything outside and inbetween is rubbish also

RE:Z, Academy, Asteriks,Ushio, and maybe one other are decent

Kurumukuro, Maiyoga and so many others failed so quickly - While i still watch Maiyoga hoping it picks up - atm its boring and drab.

Kiznaiver was shit from episode one, Ace Attorney was weak and just depressing.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've only been watching about 6 series weekly.

Re:Zero, Kabenari, Hero Academy, Bungou stray dogs, Magi: Sinbad, and Tanaka-kun.

I'd have to say that RE:Zero is probably the best overall of the season, Kabenari a close second. Hero Academy isn't anything special but is still an ok watch. Bungou stray dogs is picking up in the more recent episodes. Magi: Sinbad is a run of the mill adventure show, but my surprise of the season for me has been Tanaka-kun, very chill show, subtle comedy is refreshing in a genre that is flooded with slap-stick humor.

Pretty much my opinion falls in line with most of the ratings, Re:Zero, Kabenari, Hero Academy, Magi: Sinbad, Tanaka-kun, Bungou Stray Dogs. About the only 6 worth mentioning as far as new shows are concerned.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Cerberus is a tough watch. The show was good up until the end of the 1st episode when they revealed the main protagonist to be a fucking retard.

I just watch it out of habit, since I usually have something on while I dick around on the computer, but I'd never recommend it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I find your avatar image to be infinitely more appealing to look at than Cerberus.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I've only been watching about 6 series weekly.

Re:Zero, Kabenari, Hero Academy, Bungou stray dogs, Magi: Sinbad, and Tanaka-kun.

I'd have to say that RE:Zero is probably the best overall of the season, Kabenari a close second. Hero Academy isn't anything special but is still an ok watch. Bungou stray dogs is picking up in the more recent episodes. Magi: Sinbad is a run of the mill adventure show, but my surprise of the season for me has been Tanaka-kun, very chill show, subtle comedy is refreshing in a genre that is flooded with slap-stick humor.

Pretty much my opinion falls in line with most of the ratings, Re:Zero, Kabenari, Hero Academy, Magi: Sinbad, Tanaka-kun, Bungou Stray Dogs. About the only 6 worth mentioning as far as new shows are concerned.
As far as comedy goes this season, I am enjoying the hell out of Sakamoto.

Endride is... so fucking bland. I have been watching it hoping for something to happen, and it just never does. Hundred is the same. I will forget them after this season and probably never look back.

Assassination Classroom is reaching the end, and that makes me sad. Same with Ushio to Tora. Glad that the manga finally got a baller anime made of it, though. Asterisk War has been decent, but nothing to write home about.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
For me, it's Kabaneri, Re:Zero, Lost Village, and Sakamoto for the comedy angle.

Summer looks absolutely stacked.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
As far as comedy goes this season, I am enjoying the hell out of Sakamoto.

Endride is... so fucking bland. I have been watching it hoping for something to happen, and it just never does. Hundred is the same. I will forget them after this season and probably never look back.

Assassination Classroom is reaching the end, and that makes me sad. Same with Ushio to Tora. Glad that the manga finally got a baller anime made of it, though. Asterisk War has been decent, but nothing to write home about.
Did Assassination Classroom grow beyond the episodic slapstick bland action and meh kids? I watched season 1 and was very uninterested.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
IDK, its funny but HxH is better than everything but OP and Naruto and the way powers work in HxH is better than everything but OP imo!

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
IDK, its funny but HxH is better than everything but OP and Naruto and the way powers work in HxH is better than everything but OP imo!
I was dying at the end with all the names. Fat Levi had me rolling.

And I think HxH is better than both of those.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Did Assassination Classroom grow beyond the episodic slapstick bland action and meh kids? I watched season 1 and was very uninterested.
Not so much. It's still a basic shounen manga about the power of love and friendship and hard work overcoming random threats.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think this season has been fantastic actually, I'm not usually watching this many series this late in a season. I'll be finishing all of these -

Re:ZERO
Kabaneri
My Hero Academia
Joker Game
Sakamoto
Bakuon
Kumamiko
Netoge no Yome/Never a girl online
Bungou Stray Dogs
Ace Attorney
Flying Witch
High School Fleet

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I started My Hero Academia late but blew through it pretty quickly. Fun anime, it's basically Naruto + HxH.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No more tennis delays!

NeatWearyBluemorphobutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Um where is this from?

Moments later i find this but didnt know they animated this.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Noblesse: The Beginning of Destruction was an OVA in 2015, 1 episode 37 minutes long. They released a ONA sequel (net only release) in 2016 that is 31 mins, called Noblesse: The Awakening.