Spring Anime 2016 Thread

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hard to say, not much so far. Mayoiga seems interesting, and its an anime original so you can't find spoilers around to ruin it.

Kiznaiver had a preview, that might be good. Apparently its made by the same people that did Kill la Kill.

Endride is okay so far, only one episode though.

Asterisk returns for a 2nd season.

I haven't seen much else yet.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
watched the first episode of phoenix wright on crunchyroll.

did not impress. it was Ok but not something i'll be watching

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Mayoiga is... probably going to be bloody.
Asterisk War picks up where S1 left off. If you liked it then, you will probably like it now. Big breasted loli harem.
Gundam is off to a good start.
Pan de Peace is... weird. Might be fun. At under 4m per episode it's a fast watch anyways.
Ushio to Tora is badass as usual.
Kiznaiver looks like it should be good.
Macross same.
Zero Kara Hajemiru could be good. Cat spirit is over 9000 levels of cute.
Endride is another boy transported to fantasy world show. 1st ep was so so. Will give it a shot.
Kuma Miko is magic girl + folk story setting + comegy
Boku no Hero Academia is off to a good start.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not sure why they did this with Gundam, i mean the story is already told with the movies so curious what changes they are doing besides a few different PoV clips.

Did not know of a new Macross, will seek.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Some say that she can use her bow as active aerodynamics, and that her seifuki was actually woven from carbon fibre.
All we know is that she's not the Stig, but the Stig's Japanese Cousin!

(No idea about the show, though!)

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I started and stopped the uncensored version of Martian Cockroaches With Abs. Thought it was fucking awful
Haha yeah the manga is pretty awful to begin with, it seems to appeal to a very young impressionable audience though, go figure. The manga is just a bunch of ultra violent bloody super saiyan fights on mars. Every other chapter they introduce a new super bad ass character who gets their ass kicked in the next one.

Debating getting a crunchy roll sub this season or going the nyaa route since hulu doesn't seem to be picking up most of the new season.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Haha yeah the manga is pretty awful to begin with, it seems to appeal to a very young impressionable audience though, go figure. The manga is just a bunch of ultra violent bloody super saiyan fights on mars. Every other chapter they introduce a new super bad ass character who gets their ass kicked in the next one.

Debating getting a crunchy roll sub this season or going the nyaa route since hulu doesn't seem to be picking up most of the new season.
Get a crunchyroll sub to at least let the folks making our anime get some money. Get whatever isn't there off horriblesubs or wherever.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord

I tired really quickly of the "There's this organism on earth that served as the inspiration for this soldier here!" backstory preceding said soldier's valiant stand against overwhelming odds. It coulda been alright - I guess, but probably not - if it didn't have this fixation on interrupting its own narrative with really, really uninteresting flashbacks.

Couldn't make it past episode 8 or so.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yup it keeps going and going like that in the manage lol. When you think the author is about to introduce some plot, a new random contender appears from a previously unknown faction (i.e. another country), rips some cockroaches in half and the cycle starts anew.

BTW I am just saw the first Bakuon episode and as a biker enjoyed the hell out of that show. It's obviously written by some guy projecting his teenage motorcycle fantasies onto big boobed highschoolers but I will be damned if it didn't put a smile on my face the entire time.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Zero Kara Hajimeru off to a good start, will be watching this definitely.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
A lot of watchable new shows so far, but nothing I would consider a stand out yet. I'd put the majority of the new shows that have aired into the average range, but nothing I'd consider great. I think the stronger shows are about to air in the next few nights though.

I think the 5 strongest new shows from this season will probably end up being:
(no order)

Boku no Hero Academia
Sousei no Onmyouji
Bungou Stray Dogs
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Kiznaiver

And possibly Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu, or Joker Game. Almost everything else looks like a mid-tier show.

Fadaar

That guy
Get a crunchyroll sub to at least let the folks making our anime get some money. Get whatever isn't there off horriblesubs or wherever.
This is exactly what I do, except the few releases HS doesn't provide get the rest from Deadfish which is normally the shows that HAVE to be fansubbed (Ajin, etc.) since they don't have any American simulcast.

BTW I am just saw the first Bakuon episode and as a biker enjoyed the hell out of that show. It's obviously written by some guy projecting his teenage motorcycle fantasies onto big boobed highschoolers but I will be damned if it didn't put a smile on my face the entire time.
I don't know shit about bikes but it was entertaining. Don't know if I'll keep watching but long as it stays decently funny I will.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Zero Kara Hajimeru off to a good start, will be watching this definitely.
So far this and Joker Game are the most interesting thus far. I think alot of shows are worth watching but i havent seen anything truly amazing yet.

Question is there any reason for a Funimation sub over Crunchyroll? CR library seems bigger but Funi has older shows in its library that CR does not have. I mainly want to rewatch DBZ with its original dub so im kinda leaning towards Funimation but i still need to check that it has the right audio.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Function and CR typically have different shows in a season. There is some overlap but it is typically limited.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Use both sites, sub if you want to but I don't think it's necessary (I have subs to both sites because they're cheap and I support what they're doing, so I don't know what you miss out on). Crunchyroll usually has more current shows, but Funimation always seems to get 1 or 2 of the big name shows. And they both have a good catalogue of older titles.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Is Ajin going to continue into the spring? The last few episodes have been pretty fucked up. I had a "twin towers" feeling of gloom from the episode 2 weeks ago. This show is brutal.