Spring Anime 2016 Thread

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Funimation is really lacking on their offering this season. So far they only have one new show that is good, My Hero Academy.

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah normally it's pretty split down the middle with what I stream on CR (have a sub there) and what I torrent (everything else, ie Funimation, Hulu, etc). So far I've only downloaded I think 2 shows, however there are a LOT of shows that air their first episodes between now and Sunday.

Also I finally got around to watching ep 11 and 12 of Ajin. Holy shit that was incredible. Satou is friggin' awesome.

Edit: Holy shit, apparently they changed literally everything in ep 11 regarding the building(s) from the manga. I can uh see why...

Ajin 19 - Read Ajin Chapter 19 Online - Page 1

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Just go to kissanime.to -- they have every single anime you can think of in dub or sub mode, for free. Even the old ones. It's been nice watching all of the old shit from the 80s and 90s.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Funimation should also haveNetoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?this season, but the page isn't up yet. I'm a sucker for MMO anime, so I'll be checking it out.

Just go to kissanime.to -- they have every single anime you can think of in dub or sub mode, for free. Even the old ones. It's been nice watching all of the old shit from the 80s and 90s.
The point of using Crunchyroll or Funimation, whether you sub or not, is to support the creators. Kissanime is just another illegal streaming site, albeit probably the most popular one atm.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bongu stray dogs was such a disappointment
frown.png

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought it was great, and readers of the manga are saying it was almost 1:1 with chapter 1, besides Bones adding in some additional comedy as they usually do (See FMA:Brotherhood). It also has 2 seasons planned.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri has had probably the strongest opening episode this season. Reminds me of the late 80's and early 90's film art like princess mononoke and ninja scrolls, with a touch of more modern stuff like Attack on Titan. Easily my favorite visually.

Edit: Just checked its from the same studio that did attack on titan.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was about to torrent Koutetsujou no Kabaneri, but then I read Amazon picked it up this season, so you can stream the simulcast there for free if you have Prime.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea ok... Kabaneri wins for best first episode, and Stray Dogs wins for worst first episode.

Fadaar

That guy
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri has had probably the strongest opening episode this season. Reminds me of the late 80's and early 90's film art like princess mononoke and ninja scrolls, with a touch of more modern stuff like Attack on Titan. Easily my favorite visually.

Edit: Just checked its from the same studio that did attack on titan.
Jesus christ that's their third "humanity pushed to brink of extinction living in fortress cities" show in a row. Not complaining, just talk about typecasting... or whatever the term would be for this.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Jesus christ that's their third "humanity pushed to brink of extinction living in fortress cities" show in a row. Not complaining, just talk about typecasting... or whatever the term would be for this.
Yeah...But damn they do it well. That was a great 1st episode of Kabaneri.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, has a kind of Cromartie High feel to it. Especially the part where he's racing and saving the bird. Good stuff.

edit: Cerberus...
The color coordination immediately set up warning flags, and when it ended those flags were pretty obvious. Kid with a heritage fighting -the man- while protected by said heritage. Repeat ad infinitum.

Of -course- there's a grizzled veteran who is watching over him. Of -course- there's a dragon who doesn't want him dying because their lives are linked. Of -course- he's inept because of said royal coddling by said veteran.

Kind of disappointed, but will still watch at least the second episode.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol, Flying Witch seems like it could be pretty funny. The last part of ep.1 was great.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hero Academy and Zero both had good follow-up episodes. Kinda wish I haven't been reading the Hero Academy manga though.