Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Bank is fine.... so the UK govts tax Rebate Enitlement is their loan guarantee and the UK taxpayers are on the hook for it. Wundabar! After fleecing a small but gullible section of the taxpayer base for $150 mil accross a few continents, fleece the rest from the general UK taxpayers!. Weee ....taxpayer money is always the best free money, whether you are GM, 38 Studios or Space Roberts.

Things must be getting desperate on that side of the pond. Go go Brexit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
LOL

What will destroy Mediocre Britain first, Muslims or Star Citizen?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Full Disclosure, I'm into the game for about 400 USD..Haven't played in a looong time and never "seriously".

Being that said, people are looking for any way to shit on this game, LOL.

Derek Smart has got to be all Scooby Doo Villain atm, "Darn you chris roberts and your tricks!"

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Full Disclosure, I'm into the game for about 400 USD..Haven't played in a looong time and never "seriously".

Derek Smart has got to be all Scooby Doo Villain atm, "Darn you chris roberts and your tricks!"

When you take 5years + and $150 million(and counting) and your game still isn't done and it's now to the point where you have to take out a loan from a bank, while giving up ownership of game until you pay it back, you deserve all the shit you receive.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When you use Derek Smart as a citation you probably can't manage your own finances let alone understand how banking and loans in a business work.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to

So this was supposed to be Freelancer 2 and now its 150MM in and trying to compete with SpaceX.

You tell us why people are shitting on it.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So this was supposed to be Freelancer 2 and now its 150MM in and trying to compete with SpaceX.

You tell us why people are shitting on it.

Dude people shit on people when they make a bad play in a MOBA, I didn't say I was shocked that people are shitting on the game, I just find it comical. The whole thing is just a reality TV show level of drama with a videogame being shit out at the end (hopefully).

As for an itemized list of why people are shitting on it, there are an infinite amount of reasons.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The funding and all the other bullshit is irrelevant. The game is tedious and not fun. I no longer care if it comes out because what I have tried is a fucking train wreck. Remember the bullshit in swtor where you had to keep going to space stations and running through them every time you wanted to go to a new place? Star citizen is like that with every single part of the game.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The funding and all the other bullshit is irrelevant. The game is tedious and not fun. I no longer care if it comes out because what I have tried is a fucking train wreck. Remember the bullshit in swtor where you had to keep going to space stations and running through them every time you wanted to go to a new place? Star citizen is like that with every single part of the game.
But it is immersive.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
But it is immersive.

I heard on the fighters if you don't spend $150 for the premium waste recycling space suit you have to fly back to a space station to piss every couple of hours or else yellow globules start filling the cockpit.

#Immersion

Also they carefully added in a design flaw where if you activate a certain system you turn to the right where a grab iron is placed poorly and you slap your funny bone into it which causes your character to go through a three minute animation where it reacts to the pain.

#Immersion

Also in the latest version most of the space stations now have a tax office where you need to register for a transaction privilege tax license in order to withhold the mandated station sales tax to legally conduct business or else you go to the brig for IRL 2 years.

#Immersion

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Do not forget the Vive 3D add on synthetic hand accessory that slides into your back pocket to help you take out that oh so heavy overburdened wallet for you when you go pick up your virtual space ship @ the in game sales shop garage.

Can you not see the advertising pitch?
"Wow! You can actually FEEL the virtual Space Roberts (or Wifey Roberts) taking the money right out of your back pocket!"

" I feel so much better now, that wallet was just too heavy! Thank you Space Roberts!" *wink wink*

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
They need to add a stretch goal where you can raise massive amounts of in-game currency by promising to deliver goods and then run away into deep space with the money. Complete with in-game crowdfunding platform!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
mBQspA4.jpg

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All that failure with $100,000,000+ crowd funded and a bank loan.

I would love to see their expenditures just to see how exactly you squander all that money.