Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

xzi

Mouthbreather
Just join up in No Mans Sky it's actually out and has the exact same features that this game won't have either

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
CIG just posted their entire 2017 schedule.

3.0 Release Schedule Current release date for 3.0 is June 29, 2017. Based on past releases this date can/will move based on blockers. See below for blockers.

3.0 blockers

CIG's video on building schedules. (20min) Watch it so you can criticize them intelligently.

EDIT: Clarity
EDIT 2: It's 42 different schedules combined.
EDIT 3: I'm out. Enjoy it. Or don't. Be back when 3.0 launches.
I think if I saw an "actual work done" chart at the end of 2017 that compared the 2017 schedule, and it matched in any way, I'd be feeling much more confident about SC coming together.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think if I saw an "actual work done" chart at the end of 2017 that compared the 2017 schedule, and it matched in any way, I'd be feeling much more confident about SC coming together.

It does, though. This was their 2017 schedule:

Continue fund raising
Scope creep
Poorly spliced gif showcase of model

They're already done!

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Can anyone tell me what is actually in the Alpha that people can do right now? I tried watching a stream for a bit but it is hard to tell what is going on other than some sort of capture point multiplayer fps map and some guy shooting at icons in empty space.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can anyone tell me what is actually in the Alpha that people can do right now? I tried watching a stream for a bit but it is hard to tell what is going on other than some sort of capture point multiplayer fps map and some guy shooting at icons in empty space.

Sounds like you have the gist of it.

Last edited:

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
The sooner they admit that this game will not be an MMO, with MMO economies or game-play, and at BEST will be some Shroud of the Avatar "multi-player" space shooter, the sooner we can all stop giving a shit about it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Raign

Golden Squire
The sooner they admit that this game will not be an MMO, with MMO economies or game-play, and at BEST will be some Shroud of the Avatar "multi-player" space shooter, the sooner we can all stop giving a shit about it.

I have lost even this level of optimism at this point. It is truly amazing that all anyone wanted when this started out was a modernized Freelancer --and here we are 3 years and milllions upon millions of dollar later all we have seen is a handful of shitty buggy modules, none of which remotely resemble what the original backers even wanted.

The whole 'We didn't know how much more money we were going to have for development!' excuse worked year 1... it does not fly over 3 years later when they have had a steady cash flow over the entirety of development. I lol every time I think back to people wondering if this or Elite: Dangerous was going to launch first....

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Instanced 16 player dogfights.
4 player instanced PvE survival mode.
Mostly Pointless Open World Space GTA in 1 solar system, but at least you can spawn your ships and go do dinky little missions and camp people.
Some instanced racing which is broken every other patch.
The FPS shootyman bits.

I think that's it.

It looks pretty, and, depending on the patch, most of the physics feel right... but there's real no game there and no real game in sight either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well, that was at least 5 dollars worth of funny. :D

I got an email today about another shipsale, the Aegis Eclipse Stealth Bomber. I am sure some people will jump on this stuff but all I can ask is; Bombing? Stealth? How? When? And also, why? Please explain me why I should want a Stealth Bomber. Is there anything on the development roadmap about conquering (NPC) bases at all, right now, in the near or far future?

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Bombers in the Wing Commander series were heavy fighters strapped with torpedoes that were necessary to slice through the shields of capital ships. Bombing runs involved a vulnerable crawl toward the target, waiting for torpedo lock while contending with support fighters and point defenses.

It's the sort of thing that you can do in an actual game, instead of just fantasize about in a tech demo pixel showcase.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am at the point now that I know longer give a fuck if the single player game comes out and actually want this to fail to see the fucking fallout of the Madoff Virtual ship ponzi scheme. Ship sale after Ship sale, Larping ship shows with parodies of Top gear. That is fucking shit you add after you are successful and swimming in cash to add value in your game to create more money.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Mad props to them for skipping right to the swimming in cash part. History is written by the winners, as in, after this burns up they write a book about it and make even more money off it.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
its like this Studio hired ZERO producers who could walk into the room and say, SCOPE CREEP!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm pretty sure the only producers these guys hired are Bialystok and Bloom. It's been a long con.