Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sure they will launch something. If nothing else, just to keep the lawsuits to a minimum. That wouldn't require much of a game though.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hard to see how this game isn't going to be P2W.
I kind of agree.

The response to this for the last few years is that you'll be able to earn whatever whales buy, but I think the persistent universe is live for reals and you can start earning credits instead of p2wing them, CIG is going to have to choose to keep their whale-based revenue stream going or go bankrupt trying to support this Frankenstein monstrosity.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
My wallet is ready to buy some sweetmotherjesus costume virtual toilet seat for my insanely looking spaceship. When are they going to sell them?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Refund Update! I have now been actively seeking a refund for 6 months, this includes many many emails. They are very slow in between emails lucky if you get more than one in a week. The most recent emails have finally stated they are going to issue me a refund, but I suspect it will be a few months yet. So if you guys could go throw some money at them for a space tank that might speed things a long

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hard to see how this game isn't going to be P2W.

Hard to see how it ever becomes an actual game.

I'm sure they will launch something. If nothing else, just to keep the lawsuits to a minimum. That wouldn't require much of a game though.

i don't see how anyone that payed for this will win

I opened this thread and read these messages and 100% thought I was in the Pantheon thread.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They released a new video of the single player part of the game:

Seems they're actually making a game, but a lot of this looked pretty rough. I know it's "pre alpha", but they've been on pre alpha for like 2years so I wouldn't really consider it pre alpha. The game does look great but the FPS was shit for the entire video even though they probably ran it on a super computer, the LoD is still super noticeable when flying on planets and the blur/focus shit is horrible when on foot. Gunplay looked alright but not amazing, AI looked like shit, UI looked like hot garbage with the whole having to click on stuff like "pick up" to pick up things and then click on "drop" to drop them, flight combat looked pretty bad also. Character facial animations are crazy good and the thing in general looks crazy good other than the few graphical glitches and some weird animations.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
On Amazon front page this morning. Unleash, how about just "make" it. There's some never level shit shoveling going on here. Someone at that company has found the magic potion to feed people shit and have them fork over money apparently.

1.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

SSD's probably be obsolete like tape drive for computers by the time star citizen comes out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
SSD's probably be obsolete like tape drive for computers by the time star citizen comes out.
Yea, we'll have quantum diamond storage by then. Will be useful for full immersion VR since those things will need petabytes...

• 3Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
People who get excited about a new game and build a PC for it year+ before release are timeless and retarded. Star Citizen's community is full of such people.

• 1Solidarity

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
People who get excited about a new game and build a PC for it year+ before release are timeless and retarded. FOH's community is full of such people.

Fixed. [FoH's community is full of such people.]

:D

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
People who get excited about a new game and build a PC for it year+ before release are timeless and retarded. Star Citizen's community is full of such people.
I remember when I built my first Star Citizen PC. It was so awesome at the time. I'm now on my 4th Star Citizen PC. I'm so ready for when it finally releases!

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Borzak

Jeff Bezos probably throw in a free space flight with Amazon prime before Star Citizen is really to "play".

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Just watched Robbaz stream this "game". Apparently they've put the development effort in the right place making sure clothing stores are open and fully stocked...

At least he bought a red cap since it looked like a MAGA hat.