Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
FML for supporting this game. The paypal rep even laughed at me when I asked for a refund and called me an idiot for spending money on this POS. At least I have my Orion!!

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Star Citizen: Second Life
The Land Rush is on, we all better go buy some land before they sell out......

UEE Land Claim Licenses - Roberts Space Industries

Q7rlR2P.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
star citizen in its early alpha stage is already the perfect tax simulator, you work all day and most of your money goes god knows where without you ever noticing significant improvement or return

their matrix is so perfect, people don't even understand they are in it

it never was about a space game

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Hahaha, they are literally selling the virtual version of virtual lands. This is 100x worse than EA imo.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam scam

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
They need to start accepting bitcoin so I can spend my virtual money on their virtual world.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
Hahaha, they are literally selling the virtual version of virtual lands. This is 100x worse than EA imo.

So they realized they hit the limit of people willing to buy imaginary space ships for a game that doesn't even exist, so then they had the brilliant idea to sell those same people imaginary land for a game that doesn't even exist.

Why can't I come up with shit like this?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

The red smear is the shame you feel after paying $50 for an acre of virtual sand in a virtual game that'll never release.

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well they did make around 40 million during 2016 so new money is coming in almost as fast as it's going out. Average this year so far is 2.1 million per month but if i remember right there are usually huge spikes around citizen con and Christmas so should be on track for at least 25 maybe 30 million 2017.

I think they by end of 2017 will have gone through roughly 1200 man years of production so 120 million (if calculated at 100k cost per employee) and will by then have raised 160-170 million. In this hypothetical scenario If incoming capital and costs remains the same they can go on without running out of cash for 3-4 years.

Sorry for quoting myself but they just broke 170 million raised. I would say is safe to say that they are not running out of money and could theoretically keep development going indefinitely if amount of incoming capital stays the same...

• 3Barf

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I dont think I have read a single email Space Ponzi has sent me this year.

Did they do a Black Friday Ship sale?

• 3Worf

Molten Core Raider
They do an Anniversary "sale" every November around that time. Nothing is ever discounted, they just make unavailable ships available for purchase again so people snatch them up. Some ships actually go up in price from year to year depending on how large they end up becoming after they're rendered vs what they expect them to be at the concept stage.

• 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They do an Anniversary "sale" every November around that time. Nothing is ever discounted, they just make unavailable ships available for purchase again so people snatch them up. Some ships actually go up in price from year to year depending on how large they end up becoming after they're rendered vs what they expect them to be at the concept stage.

lol

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I believe the title of this thread is getting more and more appropriate each "sale" they conceive of.

Planets will be next.....

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I feel that with every new sale, they are undermining an important pillar of this MMO, which is an interesting Economy, based on delving, looting and salvaging materials from the Universe. All the rest ties into this: exploration, transportation, manufacturing and the dangers that come with these, both PvE and PvP.

No matter how often they keep saying that "this item/ship/land-claim can also be earned in-game, current sales are just needed for the development', I feel that once the game release, 90% of the " from rags to riches" part is done for and the player population will already entirely consist of "haves". As opposed to the few "have-not newbies" that still haven't heard of this game and are lured in by some big advertising campaign at release.

Maybe not, maybe the lure of yet another, cooler ship will be enough still to get the Economy rolling but they should seriously stop saturating the Economy with all this high end stuff already.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider

The red smear is the shame you feel after paying $50 for an acre of virtual sand in a virtual game that'll never release.
The grey is what Roberts sees as all the blood in his fat head rushes to his dick when he hears "Check cashed. Check cashed. Check cashed."