Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

gak

<Gold Donor>
I'm sure the backers dying of old age that just wanted to shoot some kilrathi are happy to see another alpha version trailer with astronauts walking around staring into space.

p.gif

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
re: reddit - - lol backers with their $1000 ships are afraid of pirates, so space cops have a magical registry of every ship in the galaxy, so if you commandeer a ship they'll know at every port and you'll be a fugitive.

Hey guyz don't worry, you can still be a pirate, but all of your phat lewts disappears when you log out lolz...

What a shit show.

wing.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
"Game" just a showcase of how much money you spent. I use the word game loosely, so far haven't seen much related to a game other than looking at models you paid for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Any step they make to listen to players and chagne a feature to be less realistic and more fun is a good one.

There's really nothing good about being able to just commandeer someone's ship and have permanent control of it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Any step they make to listen to players and chagne a feature to be less realistic and more fun is a good one.

There's really nothing good about being able to just commandeer someone's ship and have permanent control of it.

Except discussing these 'steps' is like me discussing what i'm going to spend my millions on when I win the lottery.

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Except discussing these 'steps' is like me discussing what i'm going to spend my millions on when I win the lottery.
When I win the lottery I'm going to buy Star Citizen for a tenth of a penny on the dollar and then make Freelancer 2.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
When I win the lottery I'm finally going to be able to afford to put a security system on my spaceship so nobody other than me can pilot it.

• 1Worf

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if it's possible to possible to pass your pledge to your grandkids in the will.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Final update, I successfully received my refund, took emailing them August until January

• 6Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 9 users

gak

<Gold Donor>

lol, you gave us thousands of dollars for the .jpg of a ship we might eventually put in the game, but unless you send us a monthly check you're not a "real" Star Citizen so back of the line, retard !

I love how they say they did this "by popular request" lolz...

The 2019 announcement will be those of you that send us monthly checks aren't "real" Star Citizens, so weekly checks better be in our P.O. box or fuck off, retards !

Even Bernie Madoff investors would be suspicious at this stage...

r.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
And this is not for access to the alpha...this is for early access to the PTU of the alpha. :)

Because they have a test server of their alpha. :)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Probably the most negative thread I've seen on /r/starcitizen ever, and it's #2 on their Hot section.
2.6.1 lasted 42 days this time last year. It had 1500 pilots with 1hr+ in Squad Battle. 3.0, at 60 days has only 90 • r/starcitizen
The most damning post in it:
If the core fight and combat mechanics aren't fun five years in they never will be. I remember playing minecraft in early alpha, pre-redstone, pre-infinite terrain, all that and the core was always fun, even from the earliest days. This should be hugely worrying.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, from what I've seen and played, the shooting mechanics are solid and Arena Commander was great the last time I played, but they could have easily ruined everything in the last year or so since I logged in.

They should scrap this sandbox shit and hire the people from Angels Fall First to remake that game with these assets and engine.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That is my problem with how the development is progressing with Star Citizen: they have released an FPS and a Spacecombat module, that still can not compare to other offerings, both released (for instance Planetside 2) and in early access on steam (Angels Fall First, others) yet the part that should set SC apart (A huge universe with Planets --> Resources----> Transport and Trade--->Galactic Economy they have pretty much nothing for us to savor yet.

How about realeasing a friggin Mining module to give people at least a taste of that particular and very distinguishing part of this game?