Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well lumberyard was not available at start of development.

Well if we're going by their time line and your train of thought, what other architecture is going to come out before they release? Cant wait to see it in action on a quantum computer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Well if we're going by their time line and your train of thought, what other architecture is going to come out before they release? Cant wait to see it in action on a quantum computer.

With all the whales they have on board, I bet most of them can actually afford it...(DWave's are not cheap to keep running)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I also think Amazon is tied in with this project behind the scenes somehow or they wouldn't have switched to their flavor of the engine. The fact that this game pivoted from a space sim to a VR-Ready-walking-in-space-stations-buying-stuff-sim makes me think Amazon has some significant interest in this tech demo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Well lumberyard was not available at start of development.

Hell, horseless carriages were not available at the start of development for this !@#$ game.

Or sliced bread.....or movies with sound....

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I also think Amazon is tied in with this project behind the scenes somehow or they wouldn't have switched to their flavor of the engine. The fact that this game pivoted from a space sim to a VR-Ready-walking-in-space-stations-buying-stuff-sim makes me think Amazon has some significant interest in this tech demo.
Interesting, have you heard any rumors to that effect?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

Lol just gotta wait for the scam to go bankrupt then by all the assets and easily create their universe sized virtual shopping mall. Checkmate bezos

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Friend of mine who was an early backer, with a "moderate" contribution got finally fed up, and has been trying to get out for 5 weeks now. The amount of delaying action is insane though. If you want your pledges back, don't expect to see them for months, if not ever...

(pesky european law: for digital goods, you can be reimbursed in full until 15 days AFTER the final product ships, no conditions asked)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
somebody fucked something up and now people's games are turning into this mess
uu8czifjrpo01.jpg

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's why the alpha has its own alpha server. Alphaception.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

That is hilarious.

I don't think this game is ever releasing. If you were a game developer and getting overpaid to never release a product, would you ever release it and end the cash cow?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
rofl.

This is like an america's funniest home videos where a guy is pitching balls to a small boy with a plastic bat. You know the hit to the nuts is coming, it does and it's funny.

And then a hawk swoops down out of no where and grabs the guy's toupee.

In the mean time, I'll take a skippable cutscene for all docking procedures, thanks.

• 1Worf

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
In the mean time, I'll take a skippable cutscene for all docking procedures, thanks.
Indeed.

It is the nauseating locked animation that is still the biggest red flag to me in that video. Who on earth would think that that is even remotely fun or realistic or adding anything to gameplay/immersion. I keep telling myself that it is a bug of the Engine that they haven't come round to fixing yet, but I am afraid that there is some moron who thinks that it is actually cool.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Indeed.

It is the nauseating locked animation that is still the biggest red flag to me in that video. Who on earth would think that that is even remotely fun or realistic or adding anything to gameplay/immersion. I keep telling myself that it is a bug of the Engine that they haven't come round to fixing yet, but I am afraid that there is some moron who thinks that it is actually cool.

I'm pretty sure the moron is Chris Roberts. :)

• 1Worf