bytes

Molten Core Raider
And the staggered bankruptcy shortly after, sending Roberts to prison

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I don't think anyone goes to prison for video-industry things.

Noone of importance takes the industry or its customers remotely serious.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Prison probably not, not even sure if a civil case would be possible, if he filed for bankruptcy, I'd think they'd have too show that he was grossly negligent with the money as in 0 game assets developed.

So it's been in Dev for how long, and they are just now staggering ?? ehh what...

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
  • 1Worf

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the 3.7 patch actually has a lot of stuff. It still doesn’t feel like a game, but for a simulation of walking around, it’s looking pretty impressive now. Watched a video of a walkthrough of one of the 900$ space ‘yachts’ and the graphics are damn impressive.

Woffer

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah there's no game there yet and looking at the road map nothing really changes that... Still I have some hope for SQ42 since the single player format will lead to much stronger narrative storytelling...

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
sc.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So the 3.7 patch actually has a lot of stuff. It still doesn’t feel like a game, but for a simulation of walking around, it’s looking pretty impressive now. Watched a video of a walkthrough of one of the 900$ space ‘yachts’ and the graphics are damn impressive.
How dare you say that this voluminous checklist isn't a game!
2CqVPZW.png

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So I hadn't played this since 2015 when I got a starter pack, and decided to see how improved things were, and try the MMO part since the last time I played there was only racing and the arena commander.

I downloaded the game, it had an error every time I started watching a YouTube video while downloading. Eventually reduced the download speed, and it worked.

I started the game, set keybindings to my HOTAS, took me a over an hour. Game had tons of problem recognizing the controllers properly.

Finally I was in the game, decided to take it easy and take a few Personal Deliveries, and try to avoid combat at first.

I had 6 deliveries that required me to pick up stuff at Grim Hex. I manage to summon my ship, find it, take off, fly there and land without a problem.

I run around and find where to pick up my boxes for deliveries. Go to my ship with my first box, open the door to the cargo hold, and put my box on the ground...someone enters my ship, runs to the cockpit and takes off with me inside. Well that was fun.

Not a good first impression, pretty much done with it for now.

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 11 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Does it exist now?

It's still and most likely will forever be in an alpha state as I'm sure it's more profitable this way than if they release it.

That being said, there seems to be quite a lot of stuff you can do in game right now. I would not necessarily call it a game yet though.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So I hadn't played this since 2015 when I got a starter pack, and decided to see how improved things were, and try the MMO part since the last time I played there was only racing and the arena commander.

I downloaded the game, it had an error every time I started watching a YouTube video while downloading. Eventually reduced the download speed, and it worked.

I started the game, set keybindings to my HOTAS, took me a over an hour. Game had tons of problem recognizing the controllers properly.

Finally I was in the game, decided to take it easy and take a few Personal Deliveries, and try to avoid combat at first.

I had 6 deliveries that required me to pick up stuff at Grim Hex. I manage to summon my ship, find it, take off, fly there and land without a problem.

I run around and find where to pick up my boxes for deliveries. Go to my ship with my first box, open the door to the cargo hold, and put my box on the ground...someone enters my ship, runs to the cockpit and takes off with me inside. Well that was fun.

Not a good first impression, pretty much done with it for now.
Are there no "car keys" in the future?

• 2Worf

iannis

Musty Nester
I enjoy that that's possible, at least.

It's like logging into UO for the very first time and getting guardkilled at your spawn. Then logging off and going back to your mud because... well, what the fuck really.

I'm mostly just surprised that there was another dude online to steal your ship. Can you imagine how FUCKING EXCITED you made him? Best $7,000 he ever spent.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I actually went back a few hours later.

First off, all the personal missions are “illegal” which I didn’t know and isn’t really mentioned in them either, and the place I went to Grim Hex is a place that allows pirate to sell and one of the most popular place. So essentially I did just about the worse thing you could do.

After learning that, I logged back in and I was still on Grim Hex, so I was very paranoid getting back on my ship, looked around before opening the cargo bay, entered and closed it very quickly. I took off, and quantum jumped right away to a safer region.

I then took 3 delivery missions, flew to the planet and settlement where I had to pick up the boxes, delivered one, and I was almost out of fuel so I had to google how to refuel which was pretty simple, then went about delivery the other 2 boxes. On the second pick up, I also purchased a bunch of diamonds to fill my cargo and sold them at my last location.

On one trip while travelling at quantum speed, I got pulled out of it, and I couldn’t jump again I started freaking out when a voice told me that they were authorized to scan me for illegal cargo and told me to stop. I realize it was only the space police. I stopped, got scanned and went back on my way.

I had 6K credits when I started and ended up with 24K after my 3 runs. It was kind of fun to be honest. I’ll probably play again today. Try other type of missions, not fighting ones since I don’t have a ship for it really. I’ll look into going to planets and find caves and mine ore.

Since you can rent ships with in game currency, looked to be around 20K to 100K for 24 hours I think. I’ll probably rent a fighter later and try some fighting missions.

As for the population, I think it’s only 50 people per server, but they seem to be full, since there’s a global chat and it’s extremely active, and I saw people fairly regularly.

The game can be tedious at times though. For example when I arrived at the planet to pick up my 3 boxes for delivery, this is the series of event that you have to do.

Find the terminal that gives you the box.
Press the pick up button, wait maybe 5-10 seconds while it’s processing the request and gives you the box.
Carry the box at a snail pace to your ship, in my case I had to take an elevator to go from main concourse where the terminal was to the landing pad. The elevator took about 5-10 seconds to be called, and move between levels.
Then you have to open a door, cycle the air to get outside to the landing pads.
Go to the platform where your ship is, open the cargo door, put the box down, close cargo door.
Repeat all of the above 2 more times...it’s time consuming the whole process was maybe 5-8 minutes long for each box.

I would not recommend to anyone to buy it at this point to be honest as it’s still years away from release of it ever does. If you did buy a package years ago like I did in 2015, then I would say it might be worth a look if you haven’t checked it out in years like I had.

The potential is great but I doubt it will come close to delivering.

• 2Like

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The game can be tedious at times though. For example when I arrived at the planet to pick up my 3 boxes for delivery, this is the series of event that you have to do.

Find the terminal that gives you the box.
Press the pick up button, wait maybe 5-10 seconds while it’s processing the request and gives you the box.
Carry the box at a snail pace to your ship, in my case I had to take an elevator to go from main concourse where the terminal was to the landing pad. The elevator took about 5-10 seconds to be called, and move between levels.
Then you have to open a door, cycle the air to get outside to the landing pads.
Go to the platform where your ship is, open the cargo door, put the box down, close cargo door.
Repeat all of the above 2 more times...it’s time consuming the whole process was maybe 5-8 minutes long for each box.

So about 15 mins loading cargo, 15-30 mins flying to dest., 15mins unloading... fantastic gameplay!!!

This right here is why the game will fail for the general gaming crowd if its not streamlined before release. Only crazy fanboys will do this pointless shit over and over and still defend it. And this "level of detail" is basically what they want to do with every gameplay system.

• 1Picard

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So about 15 mins loading cargo, 15-30 mins flying to dest., 15mins unloading... fantastic gameplay!!!

This right here is why the game will fail for the general gaming crowd if its not streamlined before release. Only crazy fanboys will do this pointless shit over and over and still defend it. And this "level of detail" is basically what they want to do with every gameplay system.

I agree with you. I did say the game was tedious and didn’t recommend it to anyone. The way things are, I’m not sure there will be a huge appeal for it but it might have enough dedicated fans to keep it alive.

As you said the gameplay loop need to be streamlined a lot. I’m not sure they’ll do it thought since the fan base as with all fan base is pretty vocal and “insane”. :)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That sounds fucking horrible. I guess if your dream in life is to actually live in space I guess VRing this is the closest you could get but no thanks from me.