Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I didn't realize there were so many limitations with the Cryengine, I just need to learn about some of the backend issues I guess they're having.

Amazons Lumberyard Engine is built on top of Cryengine and was the foundation for New World (they formed it and modified it however)

Bloodgruve

Molten Core Raider
If anyone ever plays, add me: ezaM.

All I do is sit in Arena Commander all day long, but own pretty much every ship in game if you want to fly whatever.
Any here that are looking for an active SC community hit me up. We daily Ops and its not uncommon to see 20+ people launching into servers. Most game play loops are supported. So if you like spaceship.jpgs, shooting lazers that hit half the time and gambling with your hard earned compensation we can show you a good time.

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can you design your own spaceship in this ? Even if there’s not really gameplay, I can see a potential massive whale opportunity if they let you modify your 2k$ spaceship with 100-500$ personalized upgrades. Kind of how you can milk extra cash from billionaires for their yachts. Hell make them nfts and charge double.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can you design your own spaceship in this ? Even if there’s not really gameplay, I can see a potential massive whale opportunity if they let you modify your 2k$ spaceship with 100-500$ personalized upgrades. Kind of how you can milk extra cash from billionaires for their yachts. Hell make them nfts and charge double.
Everything you can do is cosmetic but not structural or functionally cosmetic.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Free trial 'til July 15th:

Star Citizen Free-Fly Underway - Blue's News Comments

h.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Free trial? Is that like signing up for a space timeshare?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
jesus fucking christ, making half a bill for only making promises, showing ever-changing roadmaps, pushing back deadlines and never implementing features for a decade

• 1Like
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ha, Star Wars the Old Republic had a dev cost of 200 mill and they changed shit, scrapped tons of shit and more. They generally were considered to have wasted several millions of dollar during development and still put out a half way good product. I couldnt imagine how nice of a game we could have if a legitimate company had half a billion dollar budget to make an MMO.

• 2Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Imagine being able to crowdfund half a billion in your triangle shaped enterprise gaming company with nothing near a finished product in sight. I really should have ditched my morals decades ago if I knew this many retards existed.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Cybsled

Star Citizen will be taught in future finance courses as a cautionary tale

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
But don't cha see? This game will not only change the industry but the world forever! It is the next greatest thing since sliced bread!

Fucking Jim Jones level of cult worshipping.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I still think the crowdfund numbers have been totally fake for many years.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it is amazing how well the mafia is using this company to launder drug money.

Just buy a bunch of imaginary ships, perks, etc and then use that money for the company. The company will of course need cars and cloths. You have to rent a facility with cost going towards furniture and utilities. I imagine that there are plenty of people that need to be paid for their work. The numbers given are probably lower than the truth of billions having been funneled through the system over 10 years. Its brilliant.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Salty

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think it is amazing how well the mafia is using this company to launder drug money.

Just buy a bunch of imaginary ships, perks, etc and then use that money for the company. The company will of course need cars and cloths. You have to rent a facility with cost going towards furniture and utilities. I imagine that there are plenty of people that need to be paid for their work. The numbers given are probably lower than the truth of billions having been funneled through the system over 10 years. Its brilliant.
I can't wait to hear about this IRS Audit.

Goatface

1666197657325.png

they earned $7m in 30 days

1666198069475.png

at the end of 2021, total was $420m and $87m so far this year. they are on track to break $100m this year.

• 2WTF
  • 1Clown World
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hope they've allocated some of this capital to an index fund to maintain payroll indefinitely?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user