Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Goatface

I hope they've allocated some of this capital to an index fund to maintain payroll indefinitely?
not seen anything official, but read estimates they could be spending $5-6m per month now. looks like they have over 600 employees now.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should just see what the cost would be to purchase the Moon. In fact, they could just use the funds to start there own NASA. Why build a game, when you can try to do it for real.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
How has Pantheon "shown" more completed work than this game.
Say what? You can actually log in and fly around and do some random shit in this game, at least. Pantheon will show you like two minutes of gameplay in a podcast and every few months have their Twitch bitch do a stream. That's about it.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
IF(and that's a big if) Pantheon is ever released, the garbage version of Star Citizen that exists now will more than likely be 10x better than it.

• 1Worf

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
can’t wait for the update where they discuss completely scrapping their current engine for a UE 5 rehaul.

• 1Worf

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is this playable yet?

I released a game on Steam in like 2011 and one guy who worked for us wanted to be paid in Star Citizen credits.

He got them. But what has it got him? ... o_O

• 1Moron
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Damn this is ridiculous, they had a record month in November with 23millions, and have a record year with 108millions so far in 2022. What a brilliant business model they have come up with. No game after 10 years in development, you’d think people would wake up and stop giving them money but no, they keep giving more and more.

They now have something like 1000 employees too.

It‘s just completely mind boggling.

• 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 2 users

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Damn this is ridiculous, they had a record month in November with 23millions, and have a record year with 108millions so far in 2022. What a brilliant business model they have come up with. No game after 10 years in development, you’d think people would wake up and stop giving them money but no, they keep giving more and more.

A fool and his money and all that.

These are the same kinds of people that donate to instathots and OF girls thinking the girls really like them.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

This shit is money laundering. I would say "How are they not being investigated?" but they probably are. What they have developed so far could be paid with from just this year alone, and by a large margin less. Ive been given access to what they do have and.. I just dont see where the money is going if it is truly being invested into the game.

More like "This is Nitti. Hes a dear friend of mine. We hired him for 450k a year to "advise" us in our financial decisions. He lives where there is the least amount of taxes being taken out of his check."

• 1Like
  • 1Moron

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This shit is money laundering. I would say "How are they not being investigated?" but they probably are. What they have developed so far could be paid with from just this year alone, and by a large margin less. Ive been given access to what they do have and.. I just dont see where the money is going if it is truly being invested into the game.

More like "This is Nitti. Hes a dear friend of mine. We hired him for 450k a year to "advise" us in our financial decisions. He lives where there is the least amount of taxes being taken out of his check."
I agree with the assessment of money laundering. There is a crime network involved with this game. Too people that no nothing about online games or video gaming, this would easily look like a legit business. Too experienced gamers, this looks more and more like a nice money laundering scheme that professes to have all this staff and yet might not have what they say they have. It is compounded by the fact that the company is represented around the world. "Yes James Colosimo has worked for us for years as a lead engineer. The man is well respected in the field and thus gets paid a cool 500k a year." My hats off to the company because it will take somebody actually starting an investigation for them to get caught. It fucking works better than construction or garbage handling as you never have to worry about marking on somebody else's territory.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How does money laundering work in this setting? Like they are getting ‘donations’ and those are then getting fed back to the donors who are presumably criminal organizations ? If so then that’s pretty funny as I would not have placed the wing commander guy at the head of a laundering scheme. But then again breaking bad was about a high school chemistry teacher

Del

Vyemm Raider
How about you bless us with what is really happening then, Del Del ? :trump:
A studio is making a massive game. Massive games take a lot of time in the current day. People can already play said game in an alpha state and buy things that they consider makes the game more enjoyable to them. A fuckload of games already do this everywhere and many are making much more money than Star Citizen. It's really not that difficult to comprehend. Nah... must be a conspiracy to launder money!

• 3Moron
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
A studio is making a massive game. Massive games take a lot of time in the current day. People can already play said game in an alpha state and buy things that they consider makes the game more enjoyable to them. A fuckload of games already do this everywhere and many are making much more money than Star Citizen. It's really not that difficult to comprehend. Nah... must be a conspiracy to launder money!
Name a single game that has generated even 1/10th the $ of this game while being in an alpha state.

• 1Seriously?

Del

Vyemm Raider
Name a single game that has generated even 1/10th the $ of this game while being in an alpha state.
Is this a serious question? There are hundreds, if not thousands of early access games these days. Plenty of them have been hugely successful and sold DLC and skins long before their "official releases", and that's not even counting what's going on in China and Korea.

Last edited: