Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I like the video. My question would be did they figure out how to procedurally generate that identically for everyone? It's not impossible with the right algorithms, I'm just curious if they have done that yet.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_120118.jpg

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Holy fuck, does Derek Smart respond to everyone on twitter? I took a look and he's having a fucking fit lol.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
They released that video, then Chris Roberts tried to stream the game for a bit and it took him like 8 minutes to get logged in, he played for 10, the game crashed, and the stream ended.

Still, its good to see some substantive progress on getting the procedural generation universe shit going on.

I logged in the other day to the hangar and had two ships in there for some reason, I thought I'd only have that one blue ship you got with the entry level package. Got a solid 60 fps in the hangar. Didn't do much. Climbed in the cockpit of one of the ships and logged out, but its the first time since I put money down on it like 8 months ago that I even bothered logging in, so that's a step forward as well.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Oh god hodj why did you make me watch that? I was almost at hype level orange... Now I'm back down to hype level EQN.

Naj_sl

shitlord
I'm cautiously excited for Star Citizen, but I wouldn't even consider putting money into it until there is far more evidence that it is going to come out. With the rate they announce features and ships it feels like the overall completion status for the game goes down over time.

The planetary landing stuff looks nice visually, but from a technical standpoint games have been doing equivalent things for a long time. Frontier in 1994 is one example.Frontier: Elite 2 - No Autopilot - YouTube

Also that gameplay demo by CR was really funny. Has he not played his own game until that point?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I actually enjoyed seeing the benefits of the 64bit integration but its more of a tech demo than a gameplay feature, and it's still a little rough around the edges

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Oh god hodj why did you make me watch that? I was almost at hype level orange... Now I'm back down to hype level EQN.
I posted it mainly to keep us grounded in reality in regards to the real degree of progress theyve made.

My hype level is opaque fuscia currently

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Looks cool. The scale seems off though, not sure if it depends on the planet or whatever, but shouldn't it take longer than ~2mins to enter the atmosphere and land, while not directly going to the ground? I mean if you dived straight(which obviously wouldn't be realistic but still), it'd take like 15-20secs from the look of it, but the ship doesn't look like it's moving particularily fast when it reaches ground level. Maybe he's decelerating as he goes down, can't really tell, looks a bit weird.

At least it looks like they're making actual good progress with the whole thing. Makes No Man's Sky look kinda poop in comparison.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think it'd be easier to tell if the scale is correct if they had a more feature rich surface. Game developers have gotten very good at lying to gamers as to the world scale (for good reason), and even if SC is trying to be realistic there's no reason to stop lying.

Would be amazing if they had the ability to do procedurally generated cities to land in.