Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I feel as "A better life" is a fair answer to this question.

I presume you just have money pretty much on command to consider $1400.00 for this game at this stage. If not, you would get so much more enjoyment purchasing 1 or 2 high class call girls for a night than to spend money like that. If you are married then I am shocked that your other half is cool with this.Of course you could be so rich that you have already lived life to its fullest and been in numerous relationships and orgies that you are just sick of it. If this is the case, then I applaud you and I am envious.
I just paid a hooker $500 to play star citizen. I was kind of bored and now her pimp is saying i gave her an std wtf?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Annnnd MTD the suit presented from Crytek has been granted with one last swing put on their plate:

031129522308.pdf

Could this be the end of Star Citizen...oh wait...

Even the Star Citizen refund sub is saying it is over:

---

Me with this post:

images

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
"When it fails?" I bought a $250 ship *six years* ago. Its never going to fail, its just going to linger on, and then they are going to ship something eventually, and people are going to cry and sue forever. Kids will buy this game that weren't alive when Chris Roberts made his original announcement.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Your virtual ship isn't depreciating, you've actually gifted your great grand children an inflation proof investment.

Its a multi generational investment.

• 3Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
it's more funny with star citizen. It was more rage inducing with vanguard.

I think it's because this guy is actually doing -something-. Just that something is not forming a cohesive playable game that will ever be released to the public. And he's not encouraging people to max out their credit cards.

I wonder if when this started he thought, "I could make this game for 600 thousand. I wonder if the internet will give me 600 thousand?" And then he got six million in a month and was like "well... fuck workin, if they're just gonna give me free money for design docs i'd be a FOOL to ever produce anything except design docs!"

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard

StJesuz

Graybeard Lurker
I backed this in the original Kickstarter and I have a plastic card around somewhere.

Saw this thread on the twitterbox today, figure it must be coming out soon, maybe it's already out ... oh.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I backed this in the original Kickstarter and I have a plastic card around somewhere.

Saw this thread on the twitterbox today, figure it must be coming out soon, maybe it's already out ... oh.

Ooh does Derek have a new game coming out?

Didn't know it was that time of year again!

• 1Worf

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Okay...gunna need a TLDR on that one, I got to the financial bits and just noped out.

A LOT of the premise of what Derek Smart talks about is all based on 0 effort in development, there isn't 0 effort in development since you can "Play" things in SC currently.

Are they on their way to earn "slowest development in the history of the world"? Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that there IS development being done.

"Smart" always strikes me as someone that is SUPER salty about the game development doing "Well" or at least better than any financial funding he ever received. His early writings were SO salty that it wasn't even veiled that his intent was basically to bitch and moan about SC more than to shill any project he was working on at the time.

I think he trolled his way so far into his own troll he fell for his own troll.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't he claimed like 3-4 years ago that the project would shut down within 6 months or something? And then again a year later, and so on?

He's got no credibility anymore, if he ever had any.

We all know this is a mess, and pretty much any bad things that might happen won't surprise anyone at this point. :)

Del

Vyemm Raider
Isn't Half-Life 3 the game with the slowest development in the history of the world?

• 1Picard

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Didn't he claimed like 3-4 years ago that the project would shut down within 6 months or something? And then again a year later, and so on?

He's got no credibility anymore, if he ever had any.

We all know this is a mess, and pretty much any bad things that might happen won't surprise anyone at this point. :)
Yeah a few years ago he got into with Star Citizen.

• 1Solidarity