Star Citizen Online - The search for more money

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When you get your 32nd booster it will complete the nanobot injection turning you into a cyborg but extending your life by 300 years. This forum will still be around and Xeq will still be fucking retarded.

Star Citizen still wont be launched however.

My biggest hope for SC at this point is a lot of good tech comes out of it.
I was thinking that it would be nice if when they actually folded, they would sell off a lot of the art assets etc. on the cheap. As long as people are giving these guys money, I doubt they'll ever do anything but keep it in "development" while the guy is out on Yachts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think the investment numbers they are putting out are total bullshit. There just isn't the playerbase to support it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Well they are paying streamers to play right now. That's interesting. I don't respect any streamer that takes their money and does a sponsored stream though. Basically taking advantage of mentally disabled people. Virgins that love space are easily manipulated, it seems.

• 1Like

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I was thinking that it would be nice if when they actually folded, they would sell off a lot of the art assets etc. on the cheap. As long as people are giving these guys money, I doubt they'll ever do anything but keep it in "development" while the guy is out on Yachts.
Their assets are likely to be unusable for an actual game as opposed to a barely running tech demo. They might be something you can throw in blender and make nice renders from however.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
You know, as much as this “game” has become a joke, I must admit that I still enjoy these trailers for their Intergalactic Aerospace Expos. I like these Whitley’s Guide they are pretty fun and production value are pretty high. I wonder how much time and money they spend on those though.

• 1Worf

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You know, as much as this “game” has become a joke, I must admit that I still enjoy these trailers for their Intergalactic Aerospace Expos. I like these Whitley’s Guide they are pretty fun and production value are pretty high. I wonder how much time and money they spend on those though.

Lol Jesus Christ. This was made recently too? How do people not instantly see, just from something like this, that it's all a scam? The business is selling a dream, and that is it. They spend money selling that dream, they don't spend it making a real game. Holy mother of god what a waste of money. All that effort to make that video? For what? To sell a fucking cosmetic. My god, if this ever ends, you might need to send all the backers to a cult rehabilitation program to help them wake up again. They're in so deep.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Say what you want, but their snake oil advertising is top notch.

Maybe at some point a real game studio takes note of their continued money stream and actually makes a new Freelancer type game.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

1638553433164.png

newFile-1.jpg

i bought a key for $1 from AMD like a decade ago, waste of $1

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Paid $45 for Freelancer 2, got 10years of entertainment on the internet and several confusing and brief inspections of the game instead, no regrets.

They've lasted longer than I thought they would, but i still think people will wake up one day to see the entire thing evaporate in bankruptcy before being purchased and reshuffled to another party in maintenance mode.

• 2Picard
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Would have to be a high price. Games not even out and it’s bringing in like $80m a year.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah there's literally no reason to do anything different than what they are doing. It's fucking sad. One big pile of stinking sunk cost fallacy/prisoner dilemma.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Yeah there's literally no reason to do anything different than what they are doing. It's fucking sad. One big pile of stinking sunk cost fallacy/prisoner dilemma.

Not so much different, but doing what they are doing, in overdrive.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Surprise, surprise....

Star Citizen and Squadron 42 are still years from launch, CIG confirms | Massively Overpowered

It’s a source of endless frustration for backers and MMO players and a running joke in our own comments: Will Star Citizen ever release, and will we be too old to even play it when it does? Well, we still can’t answer that question, and anyone who does is making it up, but we might have a new window for Squadron 42, the standalone-spinoff game that is supposed to launch before its MMORPG sibling.

The star-studded Squadron 42 was originally meant to launch all the way back in 2014 and missed all of its windows since, with Cloud Imperium’s Chris Roberts telling folks that it “will be done when is done.” By the end of that year, Roberts said he also wouldn’t be showing gameplay for the title in public or discuss release dates until closer to the “home stretch,” presumably owing heavily to the dust-up over those missed windows and roadmaps.

It’s 2022 now, and the studio has suggested in a glossy six-page MCV/Develop spread that the game is still around two years out, largely thanks to Roberts’ move to Manchester, where CIG is in the process of establishing a new base of ops.

“I guess we’ll see how long [Roberts] needs to be over,” CIG COO Carl Jones says. “But yeah, it could be one or two years more. He’s spending more time over here with the Squadron 42 team and with our other developers, but it’ll be this year when he moves over for longer periods of time. Hopefully that means we can progress Squadron 42 through to completion faster. We want to get that game finished, but it will be finished when it’s ready.”

MCV extrapolates that the formation of the new Manchester studio, which will bring the studio to over 1000 workers within five years, means that Star Citizen could be eyeballing a 2027 launch. Jones doesn’t exactly confirm that, but he does say that “by that time, [CIG] will be operating a very large MMORPG.”

Incidentally, MCV asks Jones about the potential for a “metaverse” with Star Citizen, and you can just hear the polite skepticism in Jones’ reply as he clarifies that CIG isn’t planning to be distracted by pie-in-the-sky fads. “Maybe one day we’ll have something that people refer to as a metaverse – we’ll certainly have the technology to build it – but that’s not our business focus. Our focus right now is delivering Star Citizen and Squadron 42 to the community that supported us.”

Finally, Jones addresses the ongoing discrimination scandals in the industry, offering that CIG had already made efforts to improve its diversity to suit its diverse audience well before recent scandals.

• 4Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users