Star Trek: Discovery

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Thats what I meant. Picard/Discovery. Of course the old ones are good.
They're garbage that only holds any value if you want to turn your brain off and see chaotic special effects, and are able to ignore trash writing and their distaste for all things Trek.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought the second half of Disco series 1 and a large part of 2 were okay. Saying that I've made no attempts to watch them again.

Picard can choke on a bag of pustulent cocks though.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
*The second half of the first season of Discovery is watchable. The second season made me hate every character, the writers that wrote them, the director that directed them, and the actors that played them. Fuck that show.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
there are like 2 good episodes of Discovery out of ~25 episodes so no not really

Picard is a giant dumpster fire, literally maybe 5 minutes of good scenes (for TNG fans) out of 10 episodes

just rewatch TNG, DS9 over and over and maybe slip in a single watch of TOS, Voyager, and Enterprise. and of course if you've never watched em the old standbys

Farscape
Babylon 5
Lexx (it gets really fucking weird tho)
BSG (mehh at the end but worth the ride)
Rome
Deadwood
Sopranos
The Wire
Spartacus
Mad Men
Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul

you aren't a real man until you've watched all of that and eaten pork buns

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'd rather have god teir shanghai steamed pork buns than medicore sci fi
f4e8791d284fe14088468203abc7753e.jpg

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
First episode of the new season is "meh".

Its all mystery box about what happened to the Federation in this distant future and the various different side mysteries about various new characters / situations. J.J. Abrams would be tickled pink.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
there are like 2 good episodes of Discovery out of ~25 episodes so no not really

Picard is a giant dumpster fire, literally maybe 5 minutes of good scenes (for TNG fans) out of 10 episodes

just rewatch TNG, DS9 over and over and maybe slip in a single watch of TOS, Voyager, and Enterprise. and of course if you've never watched em the old standbys

Farscape
Babylon 5
Lexx (it gets really fucking weird tho)
BSG (mehh at the end but worth the ride)
Rome
Deadwood
Sopranos
The Wire
Spartacus
Mad Men
Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul

you aren't a real man until you've watched all of that and eaten pork buns
No Stargate...

Shame on you, sir

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The old ones, sure. Anything Discovery and onward, no

You give way too much credit to enterprise. Its only value is that if you watch closely you can pinpoint the exact moment this shit fell off the rails.

And in case you're wondering when that was ... it was when they showed romulans and then opted for the tng version of klingons instead of the period correct version. Don't recall which of those happened first but they were a 1 - 2 punch.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You give way too much credit to enterprise. Its only value is that if you watch closely you can pinpoint the exact moment this shit fell off the rails.

And in case you're wondering when that was ... it was when they showed romulans and then opted for the tng version of klingons instead of the period correct version. Don't recall which of those happened first but they were a 1 - 2 punch.

They retconned the TNG and TOS Klingon connection though right with the Klingon Augment virus.

I mean, it was nothing as offensive as the Disco Klingons in S1.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user