Star Trek: Discovery

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
there are like 2 good episodes of Discovery out of ~25 episodes so no not really

Picard is a giant dumpster fire, literally maybe 5 minutes of good scenes (for TNG fans) out of 10 episodes

just rewatch TNG, DS9 over and over and maybe slip in a single watch of TOS, Voyager, and Enterprise. and of course if you've never watched em the old standbys

Farscape
Babylon 5
Lexx (it gets really fucking weird tho)
BSG (mehh at the end but worth the ride)
Rome
Deadwood
Sopranos
The Wire
Spartacus
Mad Men
Breaking Bad / Better Call Saul

you aren't a real man until you've watched all of that and eaten pork buns

aint seeing any The Shield on there

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I watched the first episode of the new season, can't stand the acting anymore. I want to punch Michael Berhnham in the face every time she looks like she is going to cry.

• 3Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only a few minutes in but it seemed extremely fortunate she crash landed on a class M planet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First episode was a whole bunch of nothing. On the one hand she's getting all teary-eyed at the loss of the Federation and it's wonderful values and on the other she's running around vapourizing everything that moves.

Oh and punching the new guy in the face at random moments in the show because violence is a good way of showing her strength and it's okay if a woman is beating a man because that's equality or something.

• 3Worf

velk

Trakanon Raider
I thought 3x1 was ok. Disco has many flaws, but it is super pretty, you have to give it that.

I agree with Grizzle though, she like straight up murders 20 or so cops. They didn't appear to be particularly objectionable either, and approximately zero fucks were given as to their fate ;p

Qhue

Trump's Staff
At first I thought the 'guns' were just like the personal transporters and were beaming whoever was hit to jail.

NOPE

She does indeed murder a lot of security folk and who-knows-how-many bystanders caught in the crossfire. The fact that the space cops accept their surrender instead of disintegrating at least Burnham right on the spot was mind-boggling unless you accept that these people were the good guys and Burnham and dude are just a pair of terrorists. They then have to have the Orion bad-cop and Andorian worse-cop disintegrate the guy Book stole from to remind the viewers that they were indeed supposed to be the bad guys.

It made for fun action and effects but good grief.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Slap in the word FALL into coupons and promos for a free month ad free CBS AC. Works on most accounts but make sure it is showing 1 month free before continuing.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I had no complaints about the first episode. Bitching about Michael killing "cops" is dumb, they were a private security force for a black market. You can't expect Michael to be all lovey-dovey Starfleet example in this context. Starfleet doesn't have absolute laws against killing, they just try to avoid it, and she had no other defense.

Disco has many flaws, but it is super pretty, you have to give it that.

Even more impressive since this is the first show to have all of its post effects done at home.

So about this season story-line, is this all going to be related to the omega particle/directive from Voyager?

Last edited:

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I had no complaints about the first episode. Bitching about Michael killing "cops" is dumb, they were a private security force for a black market. You can't expect Michael to be all lovey-dovey Starfleet example in this context. Starfleet doesn't have absolute laws against killing, they just try to avoid it, and she had no other defense.

Even more impressive since this is the first show to have all of its post effects done at home.

So about this season story-line, is this all going to be related to the omega particle/directive from Voyager?

uRGrg5W.gif

• 1Worf

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Second episode was 99% Burnham free and was pretty good. Nice to see more attention paid to the rest of the cast.

• 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Any omega references?

Edit - nope, good episode though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The second episode is more of the same shit.

There's what, 7 main female characters to 5 males ones but once you discount the two bridge guys who basically say and do shit you're left with comedic bickering gay couple and Saru.

Cue lots of chubby ginger fearful chin-wobbling and tears all round when Burnham turns up.

Whatever the fuck this is it isn't Trek.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The second episode is more of the same shit.

There's what, 7 main female characters to 5 males ones but once you discount the two bridge guys who basically say and do shit you're left with comedic bickering gay couple and Saru.

Cue lots of chubby ginger fearful chin-wobbling and tears all round when Burnham turns up.

Whatever the fuck this is it isn't Trek.
I donno, crash landing, scary frost thingie, first contact, aliens, cool bar, tech, moral dilemma, pew pew guns, wild wild west. Saru mansplaining to tilly. Hardly any burnham. Shell shocked cyber chick. Violent and scheming asian lady. I thought it was great for discovery. The return of burn was d.e.m., sure. But how many times have we rescued or reunited with crew members like they’re our closest friends in all of star trek? Millions of times. Didn’t bother me that much.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Saru is still the best character in my view. Was advertised genetically afraid and seemed like he would be a character that would be a glorified secretary second-in-command and instead we have a captain-in-all-but-rank who actually embodies the general sense of hope without being weak.

The bit when they are crashing and instead of pulling an idea out of his ass he asks for options and then rapidly chooses and then augments the chosen path with an idea or two just seemed like the ideal behavior for someone in command.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
What fucking garbage.
Georgiou Kills 5 guys in the bar, get to the leader and suddenly Saru has a problem killing people at that moment!
Hey just let him go and give him your food pack while you're at it! Gotta make sure your conscience is clear!

Bit much on the dramatic pause, they get tractor beamed, coms back on line! we're being hailed! shields back online! weapons armed and ready! what do you want us to do?!
Open the channel obviously, the hell you all acting like you're suddenly going to open fire.

Cyber chick having a mental breakdown? no reason given or shown, entire bridge happy to be alive from the crash landing except for her. Why don't they give these bridge crew members some real moments so we can connect with them, the bridge officers are the least known crew members on this fucking ship for 3 years, entirely opposite of all previous shows. Actually on second thought I'm not interested in them, sure as shit aren't as good as Geordi Data Worf Riker anyways.