Star Trek: Discovery

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking mentality of someone who thinks it's cool to flip the bird in photographs...

*edit* Just realised they were husband and wife. Oy vey!

Also, how does this show actually continue to make aliens look worse than every series of Star Trek before it?

Andorians look utter ass.

1607436724840.png1607436788622.png

Orions are supposed to be hot and slutty.

1607436914536.png1607436962149.png

Again fail.

And let's not forget the Klingons.

1607437121913.png1607437249114.png

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Fucking mentality of someone who thinks it's cool to flip the bird in photographs...

*edit* Just realised they were husband and wife. Oy vey!

Also, how does this show actually continue to make aliens look worse than every series of Star Trek before it?

Andorians look utter ass.

View attachment 322125View attachment 322126

Orions are supposed to be hot and slutty.

View attachment 322127View attachment 322128

Again fail.

And let's not forget the Klingons.

View attachment 322130View attachment 322131
Yeah my first thought was that the Andorrian looked like shit compared to enterprise.

Did they explain why the Klingons were bald in Season 1 and now have hair?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They shave their heads when they're at war apparently. As they were with the Federation in n S1.

That said, they're Klingons, they're always at war with someone ffs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
When they said they, I kept trying to figure out who they were talking about. Then I realized it was just one person.

Worst Star Trek by far

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
When they said they, I kept trying to figure out who they were talking about. Then I realized it was just one person.

Worst Star Trek by far
Ya. That killed the whole episode.
I look forward to the episode where they all transition and then jump off a building committing suicide.
That'll be the best Star Trek episode ever.

• 1Worf

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can I just go on record as saying I fucking hate two episode mirror dimension storylines.

It's just lazy ass filler shit where all the retarded cast get to play meanies.

I don't see how this is supposed to advance the story arc one bit and is that guy supposed to be a Q?

Fhqwhgads!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Can I just go on record as saying I fucking hate two episode mirror dimension storylines.

I don't see how this is supposed to advance the story arc one bit and is that guy supposed to be a Q?

Fhqwhgads!
74f.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
How much Spanx is this person wearing? And that's enough foundation to drown a whale. Good lord, how bad is your acne to require this much makeup covering? Initially thought she was "fun", turns out she's just Jarjar in a worse wrapper, and a keystone in what's wrong with modern Trek.

I'm sorry for sharing these.

View attachment 322121
View attachment 322122
View attachment 322123
View attachment 322124
This is what happens when your diet is Crisco and butter.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
The have to make a certain percentage of changes to avoid having to pay the rodenberry estate royalties or some shit. That is why certain races look and act different in every season.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The have to make a certain percentage of changes to avoid having to pay the rodenberry estate royalties or some shit. That is why certain races look and act different in every season.
But for fucks sakes, they have this monster budget, yet they can't make something that's even close or aesthetically makes sense. The ships look fucking amazing, even with the excess of pew pew clusterfuck they roll them into. Until DS9 we didn't see more than what, 4, 5 ships on screen? Unless it was some time anomaly where we saw 100 Enterprises. Space is fucking massive. It's not Braveheart in space.

Some of the designs are amazing. Saru, amazing. Even the cyborg and data wannabe bitch. Klingon plastic bullshit. Also, how do you make Vulcans look worse than Spock did in the fucking 60's. Makeup design has taken giant leaps forward and backward.

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Fhqwhgads!
to me the mirror story arc was the one saving grace for the entire season 1. It however did advance the story.

Also:

1607867772869.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, two weeks of alternate timeline only succeeds in writing one of the more interesting characters out the show and not advancing the main storyline. Which, tbh I've forgotten what they're supposed to be doing.

Anyone know how many more episodes are left of this season?

Also, I'm distinctly of the opinion the admiral is a wrong 'un.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mirror universe Michael Burnham is far less insufferable than the real one. She didn't cry once even in the pain amplifier or getting stabbed through the stomach with a broadsword. That is probably why she had to die, the actress has it in her contract that she must be allowed to cry at least twice in each episode.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
to me the mirror story arc was the one saving grace for the entire season 1. It however did advance the story.

Also:

View attachment 323008

This comic is actually really decent.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider