Star Trek: Discovery

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
What?? Her fake evil/outrage in every single line was so forced, I fucking hated anything she said.

Give me fake/evil persona over emotional/tearful persona any day. Same with evil Tilly. They both suck, evil version just sucks less.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So the entire galactic civilization was ruined because some autistic kelpian mutant kid got scared?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah... that was pretty fucking dumb....
Also lets park ourselves in cloak and not move away.
Klepian kid scream destroyed all dilithium in the entire galaxy, well hell they have a spore drive I guess we shouldn't be surprised with the garbage they throw our way.
Let's not raise shields immediately to prevent beaming them in when cloak dropped... but oh I guess shields don't affect beaming anyways cause they beamed down to the planet while shields were up cause they were constantly being hit in that space.
Oh hey Stamets why haven't we jumped? ask this 5 times get no response 5 times, and still doesn't figure something is wrong, maybe check someone else? send someone? beam someone? like wtf.
Oh btw lets insta beam Book to his ship TWO times this episode, but don't bother to make use of this in actual combat situations.
Michael black jesus Burnham still sucks ass and whispers half her fucking lines now for dramatic effect.
Getting rid of Philippa sucks, but she was suppose to have her own show anyways, if that hasn't been cancelled yet.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I figure Phillips got Guardian of Forever'd so she could go back and do the Section 31 show...

I try to not think about things like Book's transforming ship or just how idiotic it is to have the warp nacelles disconnected from the ship. Once you head down that path all sense of rational disbelief is lost..

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
They just restarted shooting season 3 for Orville, some episodes might be done already when they had shut down production back in march. Probably won't be out for another year...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Knew it was pointless, but was kinda rooting for Armistice. The next season we could see an expanding federation returning to old stations (like the one Osiris referenced), with problem-of-the-week episodes about splinter factions resisting it providing the source of conflict. Tap into other old resources like the Dominion, Cardassia/Bajor, etc. Overall I liked this episode until the droids showed up at the end, wtf. Probably giving the sphere a physical form so it can kill it off as part of the finale.

Season finale looks like it's all over the place.

Oldbased

> Than U
Ole #1 did a decent job directing this weeks episode I thought.
It was more scifi than it was gender diversity.
In fact they multiple times made fun of fat girl.
So it was all good.
Good job Riker!

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Oh look bad guy from early episode they let go free comes back, who woulda thunk.
Of course black jesus would be the only one that suddenly has a replicator spawning phaser? on her forearm, (seriously if it's that easy to carry a phaser now every god damn personnel should be carrying one), but look the rest of the crew have to break in the arms locker to get their regular phasers huehuehue filthy peasants....
Doesn't bother to shoot the bitch holding her feet with it, instead waits for the vents to blow her out with her shoes at risk of her also blowing out. Wtf was her right arm doing the entire time, holding the phaser she didn't bother shooting? certainly not holding the railing.
Airlocks on the ship, but doesn't take Stamets to one, nope just replicate one of them cool new phasers and blow a hole in the ship instead!
Also the break apart transforming ship at warp speed doesn't really make much sense I think....

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should have cast Peter Capaldi or David Tennant for the role of the guy with the newspaper and the door. It would have been less weird.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I liked this actor from Jericho, I didn't realize he's since been diagnosed w/ ALS, the wheelchair wasn't just for the character. He also played Klingons in the first season.

1609704089106.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I swear, if Starfleet could find a way to weaponize tears the crew of Discovery could conquer the known universe!

Also, whoever does the alien makeup on this show needs to be fired.

How can they take a good looking actress and make her uglier as an Orion?

janet-kidder-photo_27955_21908.jpg
STDOsyraa.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I was hoping that this would all lead towards a resolution that acknowledged the marcantile needs of the Galaxy and that having an economy is actually useful. Getting the Orions and Andorians plus however many planets are in the chain to be part of something new despite the issues of the past would have been cool.

Also where the fuck are the Ferengi and Klingons in all this? Especially the Ferengi unless the reforms of Rom made them in economically inclined by the time of the Burn you would think they would be navigating this whole situation well.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We should be grateful they didn't try their hand at Ferengi. They'd have them looking like fucking Space Dumbo.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was hoping that this would all lead towards a resolution that acknowledged the marcantile needs of the Galaxy and that having an economy is actually useful. Getting the Orions and Andorians plus however many planets are in the chain to be part of something new despite the issues of the past would have been cool.

Also where the fuck are the Ferengi and Klingons in all this? Especially the Ferengi unless the reforms of Rom made them in economically inclined by the time of the Burn you would think they would be navigating this whole situation well.
Haven't watched it but seems weird that they keep referencing Bajorans but no other DS9 races.

No Klingons makes sense, they ruined them in S1 and the continuity makes no sense anymore. Discovery Klingons and post TNG Klingons don't go together.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Finale was like watching a short movie, with a relatively high FX budget, some space battle stuff and random new set pieces (data core, behind the scenes turbolift).

I thought I'd dislike more of it, and really in the end liked some of the world building it wrapped up with.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Her whispering for 3 seasons is the worst part for me lmao. It always pull me out and makes me bitch about it. Why is she playing her lines that way it just drives me fuckin nuts...After being black jesus i was afraid she was gonna go Mcclane for a minute being barefeet and all.

I enjoyed the show...whenever the focus isnt on Michael.