Star Trek: Discovery

Zyke

Silver Knight of the Realm
I enjoyed getting to see the turbolift dimension that the lifts apparently operate in, since that clearly does not fit inside Discovery. Also I just want to see one episode where half the crew isn't crying and trying to have a touching moment while the oxygen is running out, maybe even pretend to be professional starfleet officers.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ever series of Star Trek before this has made the future seem a better place to live in.

Discovery makes me happy I won't ever get to see their version.

• 3Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah the turbolift made no fucking sense at all. We had seen bits and pieces of this 'internal structure' before but this made it clear that it was full stupid.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, they get rid of one of the best parts of the show, Saru, and make Burnham captain. Clearly they weren't happy with female representation on the bridge. Need female captain, first officer, pilot, and whatever the fuck the cool-haired woman does.

Shit uniforms now and the promise of them spending the next season wrestling with ways to get that blue-haired space pixie more onscreen time.

And what the cuntery we're they thinking with the turbolifts?

Walking away from this fucking travesty now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You wish you had half the fuckin charm as The Shatt to pull off that smug as fuck look.

ErLn4AxUcAgLDLi.jpg

daggerofthemindhd203.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When awful fanfic gets CBS $$$ while simultaneously cancelling great fanfic that could practically be canon..

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Grizzlebeard Grizzlebeard I know what you mean about the lady and I think I figured out what the problem is. It is her mouth/lips. Somehow, I don't know how, but it is upside down. Here is an unaltered photo:

20210108_222632.jpg

See what I mean? Now here below, pardon my microsoft paint skills, but I took that photo and I did a little digital work to make her lips rightside up and I think it fixes everything:

discovery.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So, they get rid of one of the best parts of the show, Saru, and make Burnham captain. Clearly they weren't happy with female representation on the bridge. Need female captain, first officer, pilot, and whatever the fuck the cool-haired woman does.

Shit uniforms now and the promise of them spending the next season wrestling with ways to get that blue-haired space pixie more onscreen time.

And what the cuntery we're they thinking with the turbolifts?

Walking away from this fucking travesty now.
Showrunner already has said he'll be back next season, thankfully. I had the same initial impression, that they've paved the way for a far cast members to not return next season.

spronk

FPS noob
binged season 3. hahaha what a stupid fucking show. Billions of people died cuz a kid got sad his mom died. that kid is gonna kill himself when everyone starts attacking him for causing The Burn

oh well, i guess Picard is still technically a worse show because it fucks over good characters while this show just has no good characters (except Saru), can't get any worse if nobody gives a shit about anything on your show.

I will give them credit for at least jumping to the 32nd century, its been goddamn awful having each star trek show keep going back in the past. Still, a completely wasted opportunity with absolute shit stories and every time they develop a good character they eject them off the show and we are left with Fatty McRedTits and apparently the USS Gay Cruise

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I haven't watched a second of season 3, but this little clip gave me good feels... sad the show doesn't fulfill the rest.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
That final shot irritated the hell out of me. Discovery's whole schtick, and indeed its primary mission now as Dilithium courier, is that it can travel nearly instantly via the spore drive. With that in mind why the fuck did they do a standard 'warp out' rather than a 'black alert' and spore-twist there way onto new adventures in UPS delivery?

Also now that Book has shown that he can also operate the Spore Drive why the fuck would you put the only two people known to be able to make the amazing new galaxy-changing technology work on the same damn ship? Keep one of them under lock-and-key at Starfleet HQ and start cloning like crazy.

• 3Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why did they even need to drop the warp core before jumping out? It wasn't to free themselves, they jumped before it exploded anyway.

They'd already killed Osyraa and were nowhere near the Starbase. These "peaceful" Starfleet guys just seem to be a bunch of murdering bastards.

Even that last shot of them in those uniforms looked really dystopian. It felt more like I was seeing a mirror universe crew concluding the season than a bunch of folks I felt some level of warmth towards.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Why did they even need to drop the warp core before jumping out? It wasn't to free themselves, they jumped before it exploded anyway.

They'd already killed Osyraa and were nowhere near the Starbase. These "peaceful" Starfleet guys just seem to be a bunch of murdering bastards.

Even that last shot of them in those uniforms looked really dystopian. It felt more like I was seeing a mirror universe crew concluding the season than a bunch of folks I felt some level of warmth towards.
Are you forgetting the crying and hugging? So much star trek!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
you can get 18 months of CBS All Access for $10 with these steps apparently, i haven't tried

1. Go to Sportsline.com
2. Sign up for 1 year subscription, and enter the promocode PLAYOFF
3. You will be charged 9.99
4. Then, go into your account infor at Sportsline.com and click OFFERS
5. One offer is to give you free CBS All access commercial free. Select that, and follow the links to set up a CBS AA account and link it to your Sportsline account
6. Verify your CBS AA works by streaming something briefly (if desired.)
7. Go back to sportsline.com, and enter the account page
8. Select Cancel Subscription
9. A page will pop up that looks like this

bGJVr7S.jpeg

10.At the bottom, click the button confirming you will continue your subscription. NO SECOND CODE was needed to get the extra 6 months.
11. You MUST set a reminder to cancel before the next billing date. Mine is 01/28/22. Or you'll get charged $99!

• 1Wow!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'd rather watch Discovery than do that.

And I haven't watched one minute of this show.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
you can get 18 months of CBS All Access for $10 with these steps apparently, i haven't tried

1. Go to Sportsline.com
2. Sign up for 1 year subscription, and enter the promocode PLAYOFF
3. You will be charged 9.99
4. Then, go into your account infor at Sportsline.com and click OFFERS
5. One offer is to give you free CBS All access commercial free. Select that, and follow the links to set up a CBS AA account and link it to your Sportsline account
6. Verify your CBS AA works by streaming something briefly (if desired.)
7. Go back to sportsline.com, and enter the account page
8. Select Cancel Subscription
9. A page will pop up that looks like this

bGJVr7S.jpeg

10.At the bottom, click the button confirming you will continue your subscription. NO SECOND CODE was needed to get the extra 6 months.
11. You MUST set a reminder to cancel before the next billing date. Mine is 01/28/22. Or you'll get charged $99!
You can't just cancel again and have access until the end of the sub? Lame. 😂

Izo

Tranny Chaser

spronk

FPS noob

to boldly go where no cisqueer non hetero transnormative bipoc wmynx empowered voice has gone before

i am watching an episode or two a week of TOS on netflix (first time for me, ever), while some episodes are hilariously bad and you keep wondering how Captain Kirk keeps his job its still vastly more entertaining than Discovery

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users