Star Trek: Discovery

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
True, although sometimes when they attempt to manufacture a "beloved" character, they fail.

Like during Voyager, they thought Neelix was going to be the fan favorite, instead of The Doctor. Sometimes shows just kind of fall into one naturally.
I just saw the TNG episode where Neelix was a Ferrengi and I'm surprised they gave him a relatively main character role after that. He can't even portray a Ferrengi correctly. Why would one ever care about rules and regulations or looking bad?

One of the first appearances of Gul Macet (same actor who plays Gul Dukat in DS9) and his ties to Miles Obrien is rooted in a Season 4 episode I just watched last night (his old Captain is the Warden from fuckin Shawshank Redemption). This is the first appearance of the Cardassians. Their design improved dramatically later on. Look at this crazy shit. Silly hats, and weird facial hair.
main-qimg-97338039dd0f9eda9360b206f8e8791c.png

hqdefault.jpg

Their uniforms looked way better later on.
Dukat,_2369.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

God, I forgot the early Cardassians. That is 70s Doctor Who level costume design lol

Gotta hand it to DS9, their development of the Ferrengi and Cardassians was sorely needed (even if the Ferrengi basically became a joke race, but if we are being honest, they were a joke race from day 1. They just finally embraced it in DS9).

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
(even if the Ferrengi basically became a joke race, but if we are being honest, they were a joke race from day 1. They just finally embraced it in DS9).
Watch you mouth boy or I’ll pay someone to keep it shut.

8A1EE50C-AD7E-4E3D-9248-C6117E34E00D.jpeg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Encountered a conversation on Twitter about how inappropriate and pedo the Neelix and Kes relationship came across, when I had this epiphany...

Screenshot_20210316-235043_Twitter.png

Goatface

ok. i was way off, my late night maths had 16 months = 18 years old.
had to go read up on Ocampa,
they live 8 to 9 years
6 to 12 months rapid growth, appear to be equal to 1 month - 1 human year
13 to 48 months = human years 13-18
49 to 60 months = puberty and reproduction

Kess seemed to hit puberty and reproduction stage before the age of 2, but was due to aliens

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ignoring STD and STP, Voyager was my least favourite series. There was so much average in it with very few high points, specifically Species 8472 and the Borg.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
8472 was a high point?

The first few episodes, yeah. It was pretty suspenseful with them wandering around a Borg cube full of drone corpses all stacked up.

And that whole linking of craft together to form a kick ass weapon was cool.

Even liked the episode where they find them imitating Starfleet and they confess to being scared shitless of Voyager.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I mean, I guess a thinly-veiled plot device is a high point for Voyager.

I'll admit the Star Fleet simulations was a cool idea, but that could have been done with many species.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

lol "WAITERS IN SPAAAAACE"

CDKnnKU.jpg
God fucking dammit, too much woke. Too much modern shit. "Togetherness", oh fawwk off with the blatant Biden rally cry. The fat, uggo, non binary shithead annoys me the most, because the whole point of Trek is that dumb shit that separates humans is "overcome" and "doesn't matter". Like most people today and the last 50 years, not one cares what you identify as. Or at least they shouldn't. Fuck, by the end of TNG, VOY and DS9 we had basically befriended the entire galaxy with virtually every existing enemy specieis: Klingon, Romulan, Ferrengi, Cardassian, even made buddies with some Borg, Species 8427. That's how diplomatic the humans are portrayed. And they're still shoehorning faggot identity politics?

Want to get future modern? Get into cyborg relationships. You can have disability undertones. I dunno.

The new uniforms dont make much sense if they are still in the future
They spent most of their budget on the costume and CGI teams. Obviously foregoing casting, writing, and directing.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
God fucking dammit, too much woke. Too much modern shit. "Togetherness", oh fawwk off with the blatant Biden rally cry. The fat, uggo, non binary shithead annoys me the most, because the whole point of Trek is that dumb shit that separates humans is "overcome" and "doesn't matter". Like most people today and the last 50 years, not one cares what you identify as. Or at least they shouldn't. Fuck, by the end of TNG, VOY and DS9 we had basically befriended the entire galaxy with virtually every existing enemy specieis: Klingon, Romulan, Ferrengi, Cardassian, even made buddies with some Borg, Species 8427. That's how diplomatic the humans are portrayed. And they're still shoehorning faggot identity politics?

Want to get future modern? Get into cyborg relationships. You can have disability undertones. I dunno.

They spent most of their budget on the costume and CGI teams. Obviously foregoing casting, writing, and directing.

A good point of this, is when Patrick Stewart brought a hairpiece for his TNG audition. Someone made a joke that they'd cure male baldness by then, and I think Gene Roddenberry said that in the future, they wouldn't care / judge.