Star Trek: Discovery

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Why the FUCK is the captain going on a highly dangerous away mission? Yeah, I know, Kirk and sometimes Picard did this as well but not necessarily when the risk of death is highly probable. That shit was retarded.

Also, what the hell, does each ship have its own custom uniform design?

Show is very pretty but god damn it's dumb.
The captain not going on away missions wasn't a thing until TNG. Kirk was on basically every away mission, so it fits the canon/timeline (for once).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Apparently africans discovered the milky way a thousand centuries ago.
Spock apparently was an asshole kid.
The enterprise uniforms are apparently the new ones, but why doesn't discovery use them yet when they just left earth and they have replicators.
The search for Spock looks like it'll be an interesting story for the season.
The power of math people!

Maul

Dental Dammer
Production value of the episodes is great, basically like films now.

Shame the gayness and sjw shit is thrust down our throats every episode, in the future surely humanity has cured these mental disorders?

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Complaining about gayness and sjw shit in Star Trek... LOL, the show has been about gayness and sjw shit for 50+ years.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Complaining about gayness and sjw shit in Star Trek... LOL, the show has been about gayness and sjw shit for 50+ years.
But they've handled it in a story driven manner, the entire episodes weren't about SJW preaching, it was more presenting an idea and it's impact to a society. Like Riker fucking up that one species 3rd sex (that was physically required for procreation, unlike the made up shit humans call gender), and the necessity for adhering to the Prime Directive.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Again... if you cannot tell the difference in how TOS handled its progressive agenda vs how discovery does... you are part of the SJW problem.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
red angels were bugging me for a while, couldn't figure out where i saw them b4
dd56d1bdc9fa332e60b9e01650e64ae7.png

78324436545694924aa0b98476ae1456.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
For all the faults of Discovery, Saru is a damn interesting character. I'm also enjoying that we are finally getting more focus on the other background cast members. In this way it feels much like TOS.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
I mean riker is directing them. I don't know how much more star trek you can get at this point. Conversely the Orville now seems like a yawn fest to me. Maybe I was only in it for Alara being hot.

• 1Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
But they've handled it in a story driven manner, the entire episodes weren't about SJW preaching, it was more presenting an idea and it's impact to a society. Like Riker fucking up that one species 3rd sex (that was physically required for procreation, unlike the made up shit humans call gender), and the necessity for adhering to the Prime Directive.

Exactly. The ST universe has always been "progressive" in the sense that started from a standpoint that humanity had already solved a lot of issues that were considered hot button at the time. Racial and gender inequality? Oh those haven't been issues for centuries. We would rather talk about whether androids have human rights. Wars between differing nations on Earth? Shit, we've all been on the same team for years, it's the fucking Klingons (or whomever) we are worried about now. The idea of people on Earth starving to death? Unthinkable.

Frankly that was what was kind of refreshing about the ST universe (in an escapist kind of way)-- they didn't preach about modern social issues. It wasn't about current events. ST imagined a universe where humans had larger, less narcissistic things to worry about. Yes, of course you could relate the challenges the characters in ST faced to modern day challenges, but only in a very oblique way. ST wasn't only about exploring new parts of the universe, but it was about exploring new questions and issues facing humanity.

Departing from that paradigm is as much of a betrayal of the spirit of ST as is watering down the deep, philosophical, character-driven focus of the show into a shallow, fast-paced shoot em up.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
red angels were bugging me for a while, couldn't figure out where i saw them b4
dd56d1bdc9fa332e60b9e01650e64ae7.png

i was thinking of a blue-ish angel creature i saw in a movie before as well. i can't remember the movie name but its set underwater, and there's aliens and a tidal wave at the end.

man it's just so hard to watch. trying so hard to shoehorn michael into pike and spocks backstory reeks of desperation, and that flying through the asteroids ... just ugh.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
As the "flagship" of the CBS All Access, canceling it would tell investors that All Access is dying already.

I bet it gets one more season

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They have to keep it going until they at least have one more Star Trek series running. Then they can evolve to an anthology format if they want. CBS cannot have this fail unless they want to just surrender the whole deal.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Read the article, not sure how it has anything to do with the show being canned.

Not really sure what Pike is tweeting about there. Him and Spock are unemployed and want to work at The Crazy Chicken? I don't think that's necessarily a sign of cancellation. I doubt the long term plan for Discovery included the famous Enterprise Captain and First Office staying on for multiple seasons.