Star Trek: Picard

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
bashir and o'brien realize they are gay for each other 2 episodes before the series finale

I love Ezri. Passionately.
You do?
Its just that I like you... a bit more.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Okay, you asked for it.

Trek.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
i always found it hilarious how easy they found it to transport between universes, just a little tiny gadget and BOOM. There were a LOT of alternate universe episodes including one with The Grand Nagus. it was also weird that they never tried to hand wave away why they keep jumping back and forth between only 2, i think even TNG said there were infinite verses (the worf episode, the one with infinite enterprises) but I guess that was part of the charm of earlier sci fi, they never tried to go into excruciating detail on why things were, they just were.

Star Trek Discovery also had a few alternate universe episodes, in that one the empire (humans) were dominant and ruled the universe and all other aliens were slaves. The DS9 ones had the Alliance (Klingons/Cardies) rule the universe and humans were basically slaves. Whole lotta slavery going on!
The Enterprise, Discovery, TOS and DS9 Mirror universes are all the same one. The human empire was conquered between TOS and DS9.

Cybsled

Ya, the general concept was that the ending of the TOS mirror episode had mirror Spock take control of the empire. But his "soft" reforms resulted in enemies ultimately destroying the empire and enslaving the human race by the time of DS9.

Siliconemelons

The Enterprise, Discovery, TOS and DS9 Mirror universes are all the same one. The human empire was conquered between TOS and DS9.
Ya, the general concept was that the ending of the TOS mirror episode had mirror Spock take control of the empire. But his "soft" reforms resulted in enemies ultimately destroying the empire and enslaving the human race by the time of DS9.

Yeah but it's essentially set up by Michael (barf) - for humans to fail.

Typical SJW shit. They can only see things through their POV and go in bashing things and fucking things up to "help them get enlightened" - it results in humans being enslaved from TOS timeline well into DS9, thanks Michael (argh barfed again)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
housekeeping from SDCC:

- Amazon is working on dropping Season 2.

- They are pulling funding if arbitration is successful. More SDCC info coming in the next few days.

- Stewart said S2 will happen irrespective of Amazon working on bailing.

- Netflix is dropping Season 4 of Discovery. They wanted out of Discovery since they realized it wasn't a crowd-pleaser. Disliked the political messaging.

- Netflix and Amazon are both officially out of Section 31. Should be the end of Section 31. Will never be heard about again.

- Strange New Worlds has no investor. They have no funding partners or distribution for it secured. Kurtzman said its in the writers room stage.

- No films planned at all.

- No Tarantino movie.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Reasons for Amazon bailing

- Amazon not impressed by Picard rewatch figures. Rewatch numbers are low.

- Amazon noted significant drop in views per episode of Picard.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
This just in, shitty show designed 100% around pushing a shitting message down your throat doesn't succeed. News at 11

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
housekeeping from SDCC:

- Amazon is working on dropping Season 2.

- They are pulling funding if arbitration is successful. More SDCC info coming in the next few days.

- Stewart said S2 will happen irrespective of Amazon working on bailing.

- Netflix is dropping Season 4 of Discovery. They wanted out of Discovery since they realized it wasn't a crowd-pleaser. Disliked the political messaging.

- Netflix and Amazon are both officially out of Section 31. Should be the end of Section 31. Will never be heard about again.

- Strange New Worlds has no investor. They have no funding partners or distribution for it secured. Kurtzman said its in the writers room stage.

- No films planned at all.

- No Tarantino movie.
That's grim, if it's true then the modern era is done.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Reasons for Amazon bailing

- Amazon not impressed by Picard rewatch figures. Rewatch numbers are low.

- Amazon noted significant drop in views per episode of Picard.

Boy, that's almost a cruel stat to bring up if anyone at the studio or distributor thought Picard would have TNG levels of reviews. I'd bet even Voyager fucking dumpsters that shit on the daily.

Cybsled

Wait, I'm confused. What is the Netflix/Amazon involvement about? Isnt' this all on their CBS All Access platform, or is that getting axed?