Star Trek: Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
- 10 separate pitches were made to Amazon and Netflix.

- That's right, 10 separate shows in total were shopped and marketed and not one of them hooked. Not a single penny obtained.

Wait, I'm confused. What is the Netflix/Amazon involvement about? Isnt' this all on their CBS All Access platform, or is that getting axed?

Amazon and Netflix are required to buy distribution/invest in these series or else they can't be produced.

CBS and Kurtzman's boys don't fund it all, Amazon and Netflix do.

Maybe an angel investor from CBS will step in and save Kurtzman's trek. I doubt it. Usually when Amazon and Netflix pass, you're done. Nobody else is going to touch it either.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
- 10 separate pitches were made to Amazon and Netflix.

- That's right, 10 separate shows in total were shopped and marketed and not one of them hooked. Not a single penny obtained.

Amazon and Netflix are required to buy distribution/invest in these series or else they can't be produced.

CBS and Kurtzman's boys don't fund it all, Amazon and Netflix do.

Maybe an angel investor from CBS will step in and save Kurtzman's trek. I doubt it. Usually when Amazon and Netflix pass, you're done. Nobody else is going to touch it either.
I wonder if one of the pitches was "move the timeline forward 50-100 years and have the diverse crew of the starship Enterprise solve engineering or diplomacy problem of the week, these can sometimes be allegories for modern issues and sometimes just be a lot of fun"? You know, like TNG was.

Or was each and every one a nostalgia prequel, nostalgia sequel or orangemanbad in space?

Cybsled

Trek has always tried to tackle modern issues using a sci-fi allegory. That is Sci-Fi's bread&butter and it works. Orville does the same thing, most sci-fi shows do the same thing.

But it always works best when it is within the context of the show and it isn't too 'on the nose' or too preachy.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Clone Shatner and Nimoy and bring back TOS with Roosh as the creative consultant. It's the only path to redemption now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In the current climate I'm not sure anyone would be brave enough to write many stories that didn't also include what you should think about the themes presented.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Bring back Yeoman's in mini skirts, cyborgs with huge tits, and hot vulcan broads going through pon far every few episodes.

Why is society so hell bent on making me an angry old man at 47? This wasn't supposed to happen until at least 60.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

spronk

FPS noob
comparative trek is also fascinating. I watched Discovery, all 2 seasons last year, and kept thinking "man this is kinda shitty. Some parts are ok, but this isn't that great, is it?"

Then I watched Picard. All I kept thinking is "goddamn, this is utter trash. Maybe Discovery wasn't so bad after all? Fuck"

then I watched DS9 the last few months and re-calibrated, and now realize Discovery and Picard are both utter trash. Watching TOS for the first time, ever, and honestly its kinda trash too (how many fucking times does Kirk get like 20 people murdered because he wants to chase some alien pussy??? Also its jarring how many people are on the Enterprise, a reminder of WW2 battleships I suppose) but its far more interesting from a moral/story /character standpoint. I honestly can't describe a character from Discovery or Picard without slurs, like "gayest albino" or "retard Legolas"

TOS is now on Netflix btw and seems to be streaming in pretty good quality. Not sure if TNG/DS9/Voyager/Enterprise are gonna stay on Netflix or move off, its kinda weird CBS All Access hasn't folded them all into its own thing. Guess Netflix pays too much good money. That reminds me though, gotta catch up on last season of Orville

• 1Barf

Fucker

Log Wizard
comparative trek is also fascinating. I watched Discovery, all 2 seasons last year, and kept thinking "man this is kinda shitty. Some parts are ok, but this isn't that great, is it?"

Then I watched Picard. All I kept thinking is "goddamn, this is utter trash. Maybe Discovery wasn't so bad after all? Fuck"

then I watched DS9 the last few months and re-calibrated, and now realize Discovery and Picard are both utter trash. Watching TOS for the first time, ever, and honestly its kinda trash too (how many fucking times does Kirk get like 20 people murdered because he wants to chase some alien pussy??? Also its jarring how many people are on the Enterprise, a reminder of WW2 battleships I suppose) but its far more interesting from a moral/story /character standpoint. I honestly can't describe a character from Discovery or Picard without slurs, like "gayest albino" or "retard Legolas"

TOS is now on Netflix btw and seems to be streaming in pretty good quality. Not sure if TNG/DS9/Voyager/Enterprise are gonna stay on Netflix or move off, its kinda weird CBS All Access hasn't folded them all into its own thing. Guess Netflix pays too much good money. That reminds me though, gotta catch up on last season of Orville

Discovery is bad? How so? Any show with SPORE DRIVE and BLACK ALERT is just dripping with quality writing and acting.

Engage black alert and spore drive, ensign! Woo Hoooooo party time!

• 1Worf

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

“The original series is trash too”.

Dude, wtf bro, that’s fucking heretic talk.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
TOS is by far the best of them all and TNG sucked ass, fight me.

TOS
DS9 if you only start counting around the Dominion years onwards
Voyager
Enterprise
TNG
Picard
Discovery

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, I agree... The dominion years onwards were really the kickass part of DS9.

Although, I'm surprised you put Voyager above TNG. Voyager had all kinds of shit happening. All that TNG had happening (that was out of place) was Troi detecting whether life was present on a planet a million miles away. God, that shit just slays me every time I see it.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
TOS is by far the best of them all and TNG sucked ass, fight me.

TOS
DS9 if you only start counting around the Dominion years onwards
Voyager
Enterprise
TNG
Picard
Discovery
You' re a fucking clown for dismissing ds9 from the start and rating fucking Voyager or enterprise above tng.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yah, I agree... The dominion years onwards were really the kickass part of DS9.

Although, I'm surprised you put Voyager above TNG. Voyager had all kinds of shit happening. All that TNG had happening (that was out of place) was Troi detecting whether life was present on a planet a million miles away. God, that shit just slays me every time I see it.

I had a few major problems with TNG:

1) It was not an exploratory vessel but more like some space Ferry. Without the exploratory aspect of the show, a lot of the wonder and tension was stripped out.
2) The ship, besides feeling like a space ferry, also felt more like a fucking civilian vessel than military of some type. It had fucking kindergartens and "couples" on board.
3) All the characters were SJW faggotry, '90's style and cliche. Black blind engineer, robot that wants to be human, captain's shrink, butch security broad, toadie teen genius, etc. Literally not a single character I liked, besides maybe Riker who felt like the only one on the ship that was taking things seriously.
4) How could I go from Shitlord Kirk knocking skulls and slaying pussy to fucking weeping vagina Picard?
5) WESLEY CRUSHER

Voyager had it's share of shit episodes, but had a lot of amazing storylines and at least a sense of tension and mystery. Also, the doctor and 7of9 were great characters with enough episodes focused on them, even if Janeway and Kess/Neelix were trash.

Cybsled

Dominion was introduced early, though. Wasn't it the end of season 1? Then they got the Defiant start of season 3 and didn't have to dick around with Runabouts only.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Meh, I'm not gonna fight you over which was the best Star Trek. That would kind of look like two pathetic losers in a fistfight that neither of them can win. I'm just telling you, IMO, TNG rules. Then maybe DS9. I agree, it got better after the Dominion War, but it wasn't all that bad before.

The rest of them suck ass, IMO. I've watched Voyager, and it's to see Jeri Ryan's rack. EDIT : And yes, I agree, Neelix was trash, but no where near as much as Kes.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Dominion was introduced early, though. Wasn't it the end of season 1? Then they got the Defiant start of season 3 and didn't have to dick around with Runabouts only.

Yeah more accurately, when the Defiant appeared and the build up to the war. Late season 3 early season 4.