Star Trek: Picard

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I enjoyed the scene but the entire episode was fucking stupid. This guy is with the crew the entire fucking time and becomes part of the family only to leave right before they get back to Earth, this place everyone has been talking about the entire fucking time.

Well, yeah. There's that.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Well, it would have been a one way trip. He would never see his people ever again.
Yeah but it was just an obvious send off filler type episode right before the end of the series. Just rubbed me the wrong way. I'd have rather seen his reaction to finally seeing Earth in person. (and if you want a happy ending have the woman and kid go with him)'

Oh and to add, the people on Voyager were his people.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I enjoyed the scene but the entire episode was fucking stupid. This guy is with the crew the entire fucking time and becomes part of the family only to leave right before they get back to Earth, this place everyone has been talking about the entire fucking time.
Well, it would have been a one way trip. He would never see his people ever again.

Should’ve just use the spore drive, blm alert.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm just about done rewatching Voyageur, and I think this is one of the best scenes in the show. The moment when Tuvok says "live long, and prosper" is fantastic.

Voyager aged well imo. It kept the dignity of Star Fleet and actually explored unknown worlds. Exploration and new worlds were not as common after the original series. Preferred Voyager to DS9, although eventually gave DS9 a shot and enjoyedt it.

They really rushed the ending of Voyager though. The last few episodes didn't do their journey justice.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I watched pretty much all of Voyager, I mean, I watch all of Star Trek even if it's shit regardless just because.

I was by no means my favourite series, there was a lot of fluff in it and it lacked the edge of DS9 or the characters of TNG. The Doctor and Tuvok were pretty much the only stand out characters for me.

That said, I loved the episode where they found the Borg Cube and the place was full of bodies and they discover Species 8472. The follow up episode later in the series where they brokered a peace agreement with them was excellent.

Also, that episode where the doppleganger crew of Voyager were struggling to stay alive and ultimately failed. That was memorably melancholic.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think Voyager suffered a bit from having too many same-ish characters. There was a lot of overlap between Harry Kim, Tom Paris and to some extent Torres and Chakotay. Early on with the Maquis angle, they were different enough but that storyline dropped off quickly and it left them looking to find them something to do sometimes. Torres never seemed like she had the temperament to be chief engineer. I think the series would have worked just as well if not better with Kim as chief engineer, Torres as helmsman and Paris' storylines divided up between them.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I never really liked Voyager... Like lambourne said there's A LOT of blurred characters. They obviously had different things to do and different stories with them, but it basically felt like the same character doing different things. The first couple of episodes had some real potential...

Paris started out pretty cool and I was interested to see what a Maverick would do. Turns out he'd just assimilate into the crew effortlessly. Same with chekotay. I would have liked to see a lot more confrontation between the maquis and Starfleet. They don't like each other but they agree that they have to work together. I'm not saying I wanted 6 seasons of intership fighting, but it could have been a similar relationship to gimli and Legolas. Hatred gradually turning to mutual respect and even friendship. But like, by the 3rd episode of season 1 they are all best friends

Fucker

Log Wizard
I never really liked Voyager... Like lambourne said there's A LOT of blurred characters. They obviously had different things to do and different stories with them, but it basically felt like the same character doing different things. The first couple of episodes had some real potential...

Paris started out pretty cool and I was interested to see what a Maverick would do. Turns out he'd just assimilate into the crew effortlessly. Same with chekotay. I would have liked to see a lot more confrontation between the maquis and Starfleet. They don't like each other but they agree that they have to work together. I'm not saying I wanted 6 seasons of intership fighting, but it could have been a similar relationship to gimli and Legolas. Hatred gradually turning to mutual respect and even friendship. But like, by the 3rd episode of season 1 they are all best friends
The best characters were 7/9 and the doctor. The rest were just taking up space.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Star Trek had enough good credit left for me to stick with Voyager but I noped out of Enterprise during the opening theme. That's how spent I was. The vocals started up and I was out.

I maintain that when Voyager is good it is very, very good but there's a whole lot of really uninteresting episodes.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I thought I was the only one.

I know a couple of people with the exact same story. The show came on, the theme started, they changed the channel and never really came back. I've seen some of the end of season four and those episodes were cool but trying to start from episode one I've always given up. It's just boring.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
No, but it's not crap.

The theme song is an aberration. The final episode was spectacularly shitty. But the rest of it was pretty good.
Not just last episode but the entire 4th season was kind of meh. But 3rd season was amazing.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The final episode was spectacularly shitty.

Hey, we made your finale a single episode when TNG/DS9/Voyager got two-parters also it's really an episode about Riker in the holodeck also we've going to tell you about character deaths before they happen on screen lol.

It's honestly baffling.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In defence of the Enterprise cast, I'd be fucked off if they cancelled the show on me and then raped my on-screen goodbye with an overlay of Riker turning the series into a futuristic social media post before going off to lay the pipe with Troi.

The fact that it was the last series to feature the likes of Jeffrey Combs and J.G. Hertzler should count for something.

And the Romulan War storyline was just starting to warm up when the plug was pulled.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
In defence of the Enterprise cast, I'd be fucked off if they cancelled the show on me and then raped my on-screen goodbye with an overlay of Riker turning the series into a futuristic social media post before going off to lay the pipe with Troi.

The fact that it was the last series to feature the likes of Jeffrey Combs and J.G. Hertzler should count for something.

And the Romulan War storyline was just starting to warm up when the plug was pulled.
i never watched enterprise, but holy shit, this is disgusting to a 4season cast... (lets just go and call over the ppl more popular from the other series to bid you farewell, holodeck plebs)

from this i can say star trek ended in 2001 with voyager
bf815004afe8b8c8ee9182bd15684b01.png

the voyager crew went home and are blowing up hundreds of borg cubes w/ futuretech janeway is how i'll view it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That timeline is pretty cool.

I never realised DS9 crossed over two existing series of Star Trek.

Those were good years to be alive.