Star Trek: Picard

spronk

FPS noob
well this is a sad and fucked up yet familiar story, Uhuru's "manager" has been taking advantage of her for years

i think a similar thing was happening with Stan Lee in the last few years of his life. Its pretty sad how the elderly are taken advantage of by con men.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
wow 55 years to this date Star Trek the original series aired its first episode

today 5 Star Trek shows are currently in production, and they are all shit LOL

• 2Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Star Trek and Star Wars each get 1 day a year, same as our vets. Yet gay people get a whole month.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

its on CBS's streaming thing (Paramount+ ?) in the USA but amazon prime in other areas of the world which doesn't do P+

hahahahahaha just watched the trailer wow not a single new idea in the writing team, "lets send picard to 2021 and have him fight MAGA LOL"

hahahaha even in my stupidest, drunkest mind i couldn't come up with a shittier season concept for Star Trek, that is quite an accomplishment

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The opening line should be when people turn this garbage off. Are you searching or running? Bitch are you retarded? Do you know nothing about Star Trek and Picard?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck's sake.

Quantum Leap meets Star Trek.

Only unfortunately for us the cast are fucking old, awful, or just fat. Like we clearly can see what Dahj and Jurati's actors spent their S1 paycheck on.

Cybsled

I couldn’t see the logos behind Picard - was it Terran Empire?

If they did a Terran Empire mirror universe angle that could be neat. Although I do agree if they are lazy and do a Trumper angle that is too obvious, then that would be lame.

Although it would be amazing if Qanon was literally Q trolling with people and getting a kick out of how stupid people are and easily manipulated

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dystopian plot but layering in a optimistic narrative.

It marks a change in tone from Picard Season One. So I don't know what that might be indicative of. The narration is TNG trek optimistic even if the plot and setting isn't. It felt jarring and clashing. The trailer definitely rattled me.

This gives me the impression that the mortality theme from Season One that played so well might take a backseat in Season Two because the narrative isn't going to be dark enough. I get the feeling this one might be more heavy on the "main cast" budget ebay actors in storytelling. They spent a lot of good will, hard fought money, and time to make this Season Two-- so I'll remain optimistic about Star Trek California.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Oh I get it, Picard is going to travel to current times to make sure JJ and Kurtzman never get a hold of Star Trek!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh I get it, Picard is going to travel to current times to make sure Rick Berman never gets a hold of Star Trek!
FTFY. Have you heard how he treated women?

(not to downplay what he did. If the stories are true, he is objectively scum)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Depends how they incorporate Q and his fuckery. Could be entertaining.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What stories? Also IDGAF. Berman brought us good Trek, he could be a serial killing rapist governor of California and I still wouldn't care.

I'm sure there's more, but Ferrell is the high profile example.

You can condemn his sexism while appreciating his contribution to the series overall, they aren't mutually exclusive. The point of my original post is that the over the top reactionists would throw out his accomplishments. You can also wonder if middle era trek would have happened without him.

Cybsled

Her leaving did fuck up a lot of character arcs. Ezri was never as interesting and Worf lost some good story beats too