Star Trek: Picard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Rios' old ship the Ibn Majid is based on old DS9 concept designs

so enterprise e is basically an old ds9 design
ec32318299845af45384b4a1ecb05227.jpg

Fucker

Log Wizard
I didn't think they could make a show that's worse than Discovery, but they did it. This is the new Starfleet badge

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
I'll have to do some serious digging... but a few weeks ago I watched a YouTube video that outlined quite a bit of the problems with Berman. He had only worked on one show (The Big Blue Marble) before he got on TNG. If I can find it I'll post it.

Edit: Managed to find it. Worth a watch if you have the time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
I have been pretty disappointed so far but in a way with PS's TDS and my love for TNG this is really therapy for me. I'll never want to watch anything Star Trek again and that is a good thing.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I really like Cristobal Rios and the holograms. I didn't even realize that the actor was the artist/painter dude from Heroes.

• 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really like Cristobal Rios and the holograms. I didn't even realize that the actor was the artist/painter dude from Heroes.

I like him, they just overdid it way too much with the "engineer" and having all 5 of them around at same time. Less is more.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While I kind of like the idea of different holograms for different roles I kind of feel they let some focus group feedback push them too far down that route. I mean, the E in the acronym stands for Emergency right. An Emergency Hospitality Hologram? Really?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While I kind of like the idea of different holograms for different roles I kind of feel they let some focus group feedback push them too far down that route. I mean, the E in the acronym stands for Emergency right. An Emergency Hospitality Hologram? Really?

It was amusing and fun to let the actor show off a bit by playing 1 or 2 different holograms that act completely different from himself/each other. 5 just seems excessive.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Someone mentioned it before...but the whole Hologram thing is just annoying in light of the whole "Synth" plot. Why the fuck would you use Synths if Holograms can do all this stuff? Holograms seem superior in every way. I guess you could say Synths might be stronger or able to function in conditions Holograms can't...But lets face it, given what Holograms can do on the Holodeck, that sounds like bullshit (Not that this show cares much about lore).

Also, this show is truly awful as Stark Trek...Its mediocre as a Picard Firefly crossover event. But god damn is it not Stark Trek. In fact it seems like, just like with The Last Jedi, it goes out of its way to shit on what Star Trek is...Like its not incompetence, its malice for the old the lore lol.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Someone mentioned it before...but the whole Hologram thing is just annoying in light of the whole "Synth" plot. Why the fuck would you use Synths of Holograms can do all this stuff? Holograms seem superior in every way. I guess you could say Synths might be stronger or able to function in conditions Holograms can't...But lets face it, given what Holograms can do on the Holodeck, that sounds like bullshit (Not that this show cares much about lore).

Also, this show is truly awful as Stark Trek...Its mediocre as a Picard Firefly crossover event. But god damn is it not Stark Trek. In fact it seems like, just like with The Last Jedi, it goes out of its way to shit on what Star Trek is...Like its not incompetence, its malice for the old the lore lol.
isn't it cannon that voyagers doctor and his portable halo emitter made it back home since future janeway teleported them all

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
isn't it cannon that voyagers doctor and his portable halo emitter made it back home since future janeway teleported them all

Yep, and even before the introduction of the mobile emitter itself Voyager had been installing holo emitters in different parts of the ship so The Doctor could get around. With another couple decades to advance the tech and the mobile emitter to examine the use of actual physical androids as labor may not even be necessary.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yep, and even before the introduction of the mobile emitter itself Voyager had been installing holo emitters in different parts of the ship so The Doctor could get around. With another couple decades to advance the tech and the mobile emitter to examine the use of actual physical androids as labor may not even be necessary.
oh yea, didn't they install emitters on the bridge so he could captain as a last resort?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
oh yea, didn't they install emitters on the bridge so he could captain as a last resort?

Engineering as well. Later on when the Hirogen take over the ship they cram the things goddamn everywhere to the point of chaos.