Star Wars: Battlefront, as told by Dice on Frostbite 3 (PS4?/XBone?/PC?)

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Fucking seriously. Getting banned from GAF is actually a positive in my book.
Unless it was because they are on the EA troll payroll along with this idiot listed in the links.

Maxis/EA Caught Trying to Spin SimCity Disaster on NeoGAF - General Discussion - Giant Bomb

Maxis/EA caught infiltrating NeoGaf to downplay Sim City problems through fake user.. - PC - Day One Patch Boards

Now for this particular breed of viral EA scum: Don't you go by the name Jedi Knight Luigi on SA? Remember when I outed your sorry ass?

Ooooh. The good old "insanity" reply from the grassroots marketing handbook. What would you do without it? You may actually have to think for yourself and come up with something else. It's been used, and now known, for the last 6 years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Und...cover_marketing

Am I hurting your precious pocket book yet? You may just have to make a new internet handle. I'm sure the marketing company you work for will expense it for you.

Want me to post the link to the company? I have time.

Olive Company | The Marketing Design Agency | Minneapolis MN

Bitch.

I also thought you fuckers were gone by now.
Report: Was The EA Viral Marketer Telling The Truth?
What's even better? I was red title free until about an hour before Rafterman posted about it here in this forum. 10 bucks buddy! (You idiot)

Come on Rafterman show me what you've got!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
People still post on Neogaf?

Ut I still can't believe you gave EA money for this, well.. I can believe it. But.. you know.

spronk

FPS noob
the gaming side of neogaf is great, especially stuff like the destiny / blops 3 community forums. Tons and tons of devs and press people post there too so you get insiderz info.

The OT side is hideous and full of gun control liberal pussy faggot sanders commies who want to make you jerk off to caitlyn

the meta game on Neogaf is seeing how many posts you can make in OT political / racism threads before you get a 3 day ban. What can actually be fun though is posting just short messages like "man, I can't wait till obama is gone, he is the worst president this century." and then some libtard goes nuclear on your ass and gets banned. The key is to never post more than once in a thread and never, ever, ever argue with anyone on there about race/politics.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
the gaming side of neogaf is great, especially stuff like the destiny / blops 3 community forums.
Judging by all the screenshots I've seen of people banned in gaming threads for wrongthink it can't be all that great.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
People still post on Neogaf?

Ut I still can't believe you gave EA money for this, well.. I can believe it. But.. you know.
We have been over this. You know what happens to you now? Do you?

I told you what would happen. Do you remember?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I don't remember but I feel like I'm gonna find out

i'm pantsless

just don't get why you gave EA money

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
I have a lot of fun in Battlefront, if I'm playing with a group.

It's very arcade like, for 30 bucks I feel like I got my monies worth.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I don't remember but I feel like I'm gonna find out

i'm pantsless

just don't get why you gave EA money
1) Capitalize your sentence structure.

2) I didn't give any more than $4.99 (EA Access Pass) (Buying it used for 19 bucks assures EA saw nothing from my purchase - it is a second hand copy. I gave my money to Best Buy (I love Best Buy) EA saw nothing from the used sale of the actual copy. Now, if you are talking about the $4.99 for the EA access pass, Microsoft sees $1.50 out of that. So I gave EA $3.49. Bought it used for $19 (That is what the game is worth - 19 bucks) to which EA saw no royalty since I didn't buy it new. Had I not gone with the EA pass (We will call that a $3.49 in revenue, approximately $2.00 in profit) I may have plunked down $59.99 giving EA full price. Economically speaking from an opportunity cost, EA lost $56.50 in Revenue, and around $28.50 in profit - including the $2.00 profit uptick) If everyone would do this, EA would be bankrupt in 3 years - and we would no longer have to worry about this hellish organization (Called out by many, many developers, even their own employees as ruining the industry) and with that, we would have a good Star Wars game as EA would be forced to forfeit their exclusivity license on the IP. With that? I may see another good NFL football game again, as NFL2k4 from 2K was the absolute best football game ever produced in the history of the universe, and they would no longer be forced out of competition - which technically should be illegal to do, our laws just have not gotten to the side stepping part of exclusive licensing stifling competition in the games market.

3) I told you I was going to hit you over the head with a wet noodle. I can make wet noodles hurt. You should probably have a few beers first, of which you are paying for.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
No shit. Why cant people just fucking admit they could have been wrong. One of my buggest gripes with human kind. No one is perfect so who gives a fuck if you arent right about everything?

Its mind boggling as people are more likely to respect you when you do admit to your misgivings.
But my internet ego, bro. So fragile. So leet.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I kind of want to buy a PS4 (haven't owned/played a console in ~10 years) and find this cheap...I'm a terrible person.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I kind of want to buy a PS4 (haven't owned/played a console in ~10 years) and find this cheap...I'm a terrible person.
Meh if you have fun and get your money worth, who gives a fuck what someone thinks.

UT turns into some weird religious witch hunter when someone mentions EA or other developers, but he will still buy their shit.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Meh if you have fun and get your money worth, who gives a fuck what someone thinks.

UT turns into some weird religious witch hunter when someone mentions EA or other developers, but he will still buy their shit.
He should buy a PS4 because it's awesome and has a lot of quality games on it now. Battlefront is worth 19 bucks. It's a shallow shooter with good sound and visuals and very limited content. It is not worth 59 bucks.

Other than that Cinge. Two games. Two. One bought used for 19 (this one - which I stated clearly EA received very little (2.00 profit with EA Access for that one month) and TESO from a lost bet that TESO wouldn't break 500k subs. Out of what. 15 years of posting on FOH and Rerolled. Fifteen years.

I dislike EA because they are tanking the industry with unethical practices which should be illegal and some are, yet impossible to track. Hiring 3rd party forum trolls to downplay and shout down well deserved negative criticism. This has been proven. Created the online pass to deter used game sales. Implement DLC which has more content than the original 59 dollar launch in this case. Treats their employees like absolute trash. There is plenty to hate about this organization, and then plenty of proof when companies treat their customers with respect. Rockstar, Remedy, CD Projekt, (aside from the PC graphical downgrade they didn't tell anyone about) but yet release stand alone DLC content for free, and a shit ton of content in their DLC packs. Bethesda. Those are the business models that should be followed. The only reason why I am sick of it here is because these fucks own the IP rights for NFL, Star Wars, NHL, and I am sure others I do not know about so I will NOT see anything out of those IPs because there is no competition to have them improve. And as we see, complete stagnation and shit releases year over year.

Exclusive licensing models for high profile IPs should be illegal. Everyone should have access (and still pay licensing of course) to make games within that popular IP segment so we see competition and drive to make games better.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I made a huge mistake!

Loving Destiny so far in Co-op, will probabaly pick up Rocket league. Is there a RR team/league/clan/whatever for RL?
Rocket League is awesome. And we should have a dedicated rerolled Rocket League clan. I am playing mostly ranked now, but we should play. I have about 200 hours easily into this sucker - it's one of the best games I have ever played.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
1) Capitalize your sentence structure.

2) I didn't give any more than $4.99 (EA Access Pass) (Buying it used for 19 bucks assures EA saw nothing from my purchase - it is a second hand copy. I gave my money to Best Buy (I love Best Buy) EA saw nothing from the used sale of the actual copy. Now, if you are talking about the $4.99 for the EA access pass, Microsoft sees $1.50 out of that. So I gave EA $3.49. Bought it used for $19 (That is what the game is worth - 19 bucks) to which EA saw no royalty since I didn't buy it new. Had I not gone with the EA pass (We will call that a $3.49 in revenue, approximately $2.00 in profit) I may have plunked down $59.99 giving EA full price. Economically speaking from an opportunity cost, EA lost $56.50 in Revenue, and around $28.50 in profit - including the $2.00 profit uptick) If everyone would do this, EA would be bankrupt in 3 years - and we would no longer have to worry about this hellish organization (Called out by many, many developers, even their own employees as ruining the industry) and with that, we would have a good Star Wars game as EA would be forced to forfeit their exclusivity license on the IP. With that? I may see another good NFL football game again, as NFL2k4 from 2K was the absolute best football game ever produced in the history of the universe, and they would no longer be forced out of competition - which technically should be illegal to do, our laws just have not gotten to the side stepping part of exclusive licensing stifling competition in the games market.

3) I told you I was going to hit you over the head with a wet noodle. I can make wet noodles hurt. You should probably have a few beers first, of which you are paying for.
Ok but you played the technical beta right? Even if what you say is all true - why buy it?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok but you played the technical beta right? Even if what you say is all true - why buy it?
If you look back at all the posts I have written on this game, I never said it was so God Awful it wasn't worth a purchase. What I had always said is there is no way anyone should be paying full price for this game. At all. When I saw it used for $19, after playing the beta (Technical my ass), it was worth 19 bucks to see the rest of the game, which was pretty much garbage. The sound design was good (Especially thermal imploders) and the art direction was good. I will never buy the season pass. I will never purchase the DLC (Actually scratch that, if they come out with a death star trench run multiplayer map with imperials and rebels duking it out over three stages, I would get that as a stand alone purchase.

Oops. And look at that. Page 18. What did I say? The post is unedited which you would be able to see for yourself anyway.

This game is worth about $19. If that. Played for three hours off and on last night and also did the Tatooine single player waves. The content in this game from looking at the menu options is retarded low. Winning as a rebel on Hoth seems to be impossible. I am not shocked it ended up like this - no way in hell is this game worth 60 bucks. I'll wait until someone here jumps on the grenade and can answer questions about the other game modes. The UI is ridiculous. Why isn't it automatically putting me into a game? I was messing around with my character, the card unlocks and what not, and then I caught myself thinking, "Hey why hasn't the game started yet..." Oh. I need to exit out of that screen and head back to the main game screen and oh look "Game in progress join now". I wonder how many of my team were waiting for the same thing.

It's nothing more than a mod selling at full price taking advantage of a movie launch. (Which we all knew going into it), but no way will I be buying this one at $59.99.
The game was stated as being worth 19 bucks. I bought it used, for 19 bucks. Imagine that.
smile.png

Any other questions?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A kid who works as a student aid in my department wanted to sell it and the game store would not give him ten bucks for it, so I offered him 12 out of morbid curiosity. It is a horrible game and the laughs my wife and I got out of the tutorials were not worth the 12 bucks. While not an utterly terrible game, the usual EA shit that Ut covered and the obvious squandering of a great IP would have me really pissed if I had shelled out 60 large for this shovelware.