Star Wars Battlefront II

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Yeah it's the full game as it stands. So play the SP, and be done if you want :)

They limit the amount of levels in singleplayer.

I'm playing on the X and theu fixed all the graphical bullshit. Film grain, chromatic aberration, vignette, lens distortion are all toggles and the UI isn't that shimmering mess. The game looks damn sexy now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Sacriel kept getting tabbed out. Installed a focus logger and it wasn't showing anything stealing focus. Never seen that before in a game.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yet another AAA game that looks awesome that I won't buy because of loot box shenanigans.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Yet another AAA game that looks awesome that I won't buy because of loot box shenanigans.

I guess it depends on how you view these games. Is it a disposable game you play for a week and toss aside or is it something you will play for months? If it's something you will play for months then loot crates don't matter because you, and everyone else, will have all of the unlocks within the first week or two.

I bought it. I like that I don't have to worry about paying another $50 for maps and weapons or have to worry about the playerbase being split. I'll take optional loot boxes over season passes any day of the week.

I'm also a huge Star Wars fanboy and flying through the Death Star debris in a Tie fighter had me giddy as a schoolgirl, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I guess it depends on how you view these games. Is it a disposable game you play for a week and toss aside or is it something you will play for months? If it's something you will play for months then loot crates don't matter because you, and everyone else, will have all of the unlocks within the first week or two.

I bought it. I like that I don't have to worry about paying another $50 for maps and weapons or have to worry about the playerbase being split. I'll take optional loot boxes over season passes any day of the week.

I'm also a huge Star Wars fanboy and flying through the Death Star debris in a Tie fighter had me giddy as a schoolgirl, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Personally it's a psychological thing for me when it comes to 'competitive' games. If I know i'm going to be playing vs people who are 20-50% more powerful because they paid, and it's going to take me 3 weeks of grinding to match that, I want nothing to do with it. They are essentially putting what I consider fun (fair competition) behind a paywall. Honestly I'd give a game like shadows of mordor way more leeway since at least the majority of the game is single player so who gives a fuck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Kiroy Kiroy did you read the updated statement about loot boxes? They backed off what it was, which was absolutely pay to win.

Read this carefully. I'm still not entirely convinced, either, but my backlog is enormous. I'm in no rush to buy something else.

How We've Updated Crates and Progression - STAR WARS Battlefront II

Ya I read it, then I read the reddit thread in the battlefront sub about how it's a lie. Then I read this and watched the video:

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT II IS STILL PAY TO WIN - XfactorGaming • r/Games

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Bummer. Well, that makes skipping the game that much easier. I did like the star fighting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Bummer. Well, that makes skipping the game that much easier. I did like the star fighting.

Luckily there are so many awesome non-AAA games out there that it really doesn't matter. When bored I can load up POE, Stellaris or Rimworld and games like that.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The game didn't even last one day on Lrik's stream. He'll usually play a new FPS for the entire stream on day 1. I see most of other major streams have dropped it already too.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The game didn't even last one day on Lrik's stream. He'll usually play a new FPS for the entire stream on day 1. I see most of other major streams have dropped it already too.

It was the second most streamed game today, even with its 10 hour limit. Sacriel had to open a second account to keep playing, I'm not sure many people are willing to do that.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
All I've ever truly wanted in a Star Wars game is an accurate simulation of the Death Star II space battle with all of the ships from the movie in play and where I can zip around the entirety of the map doing whatever the hell I feel like until I or the Death Star blow up. It's 34 years later I'm still waiting.

• 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
All I've ever truly wanted in a Star Wars game is an accurate simulation of the Death Star II space battle with all of the ships from the movie in play and where I can zip around the entirety of the map doing whatever the hell I feel like until I or the Death Star blow up. It's 34 years later I'm still waiting.

The starship fighting in BF2 is pretty kick ass. You should check out the trial, it's basically a rental cost.

One of the single player missions has you flying through the death star debris and dogfighting and it doesn't suck either.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, it does look fairly well done in this. I imagine I'll pick the game up when it's like $20 including a bunch of DLC like I did with the first game.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah this is a game that will definitely fall fast and furious price wise, although interestingly there are ZERO black friday discounts so its gonna be at least mid dec. Early Dec best buy should be running a B2G1 on all new games (maybe switch excluded) so might be a good time to pick it up too.

I'm looking forward to playing, I'm itching for something star wars before TLJ and a 10 hour story campaign plus I really enjoyed the multiplayer. Only ragret is I will be playing on PS4, I kinda wish I had it on xbox instead. If I really love the game I might double dip, my brother only has a PS4 so i gotta play on that to MP with him.

• 1Picard

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
BECAUSE of tlj, I doubt this will go on sale till after christmas

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

I’m with ya buddy.