Star Wars Battlefront II

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
IIRC, the first one was quick to go on sale so it wouldn't surprise me if it's on sale before Christmas.
Yeah, you're totally right. I didn't pay much attention to it last time around because I didn't have a ps4 at the time, but then the ex got me the star wars edition ps4 with battlefront already preloaded

xzi

Mouthbreather
EA's response to heroes costing 60k (260,000 for all of them) credits and wondering why people are mad is the most downvoted comment in reddit history. That also means all those credits that you need to spend on crates to upgrade your characters to not be shit share the same credits that you need to buy vader, luke, etc. From beta statistics, that means you have to spend no less than 170 hours playing matches (remember, you don't get more credits for being 50-0 than the guy being 3-65).

Or you can just buy the crates. I can't believe that for 3 entire days I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Mobile gaming has ruined everything and it's completely here to stay.

Uckehup.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Good God... I'll rent it from Gamefly to play the SP - but won't be playing Multiplayer or anything else.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hah so EA even messed with the review copies. How shady can one get.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
EA's response to heroes costing 60k (260,000 for all of them) credits and wondering why people are mad is the most downvoted comment in reddit history. That also means all those credits that you need to spend on crates to upgrade your characters to not be shit share the same credits that you need to buy vader, luke, etc. From beta statistics, that means you have to spend no less than 170 hours playing matches (remember, you don't get more credits for being 50-0 than the guy being 3-65).

Or you can just buy the crates. I can't believe that for 3 entire days I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Mobile gaming has ruined everything and it's completely here to stay.

Uckehup.jpg

Of all the things in the world that could be the most down-voted thing in history, EA's micro transaction policy takes the top spot....

That's fucking impressive, good job Kotick, you piece of human garbage.

EDIT: I wonder if I'll ever get to play another good Star Wars game in my lifetime.

• 2Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The worst part is that none of it will matter. Game will still sell millions to the normies and their mutoid pre-teen kids will all be slapping mommies credit card in to their TV screen trying to play as Darth Maul.

Video games are dying.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
For reference, the previous record holder of most downvotes ever was just over 24k and it was a request for downvotes. 314k downvotes is completely mindblowing.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Does it really matter how many down votes it gets when people buy the game anyway? :) Hopefully every down vote is someone also cancelling their order.

• 2Solidarity

Ladro

Anomaly
Will be no death to microtransactions, they make insane amount of money for them to ever die.

Sadly I don't disagree with you. It makes way too much money for them to remove it, but there needs to be a line drawn between cosmetic and progression systems. Cosmetic is fine, fuck, it I've bought some items because I want to look cooler, just stop sticking your greedy fingers into my base game.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Sadly I don't disagree with you. It makes way too much money for them to remove it, but there needs to be a line drawn between cosmetic and progression systems. Cosmetic is fine, fuck, it I've bought some items because I want to look cooler, just stop sticking your greedy fingers into my base game.

Yep. Completely fine with it for cosmetics. Rocket league comes to mind on how it’s done right, and there is PLENTY of money made there.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I saw the 60k credits thing while playing this weekend and realized I will never unlock 1 because I just don't play that much. I actually had fun playing but I'm canceling because it's horseshit. 10k credits to me would have been perfect because that would be an unlock ever couple weeks for me which is fine.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did the guy really said "sense of pride", to a loot system that my visa can unlock? How far deep is their head stuck in their own ass to type out such non sense.

On a side note, i feel an amazing sense of pride about my new ikea kitchen, after the grind i did with my credit card.

Fuckin fucktards. At least filter what your employees can type on the internet EA...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Oh they'll still sell millions, it's star wars. It's going to sell no matter what. And as much as downvotes don't "matter", this has to be a PR nightmare. They handled it the wrong way to a very volatile community and are now world renowned for being cucked on reddit. Lots of shareholders and big names don't care if what they're doing is a piece of shit move, they do still care how they look in the public eye though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the hero costs go down a significant amount, but the damage is already done.

Until Battlefront 3 when everyone does it again.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
This is pretty funny, whats crazy is the OG Battlefront 1 had similar unlock requirements (sans crates) for the top end costume skins, like i never unlocked a single one since I put maybe 20 hours tops into MP and i wasn't even halfway to the cool skins. But everyone had access to hero skins in MP, whether it was hero vs hero or finding a hero powerup in normal 24x24 game modes.

I guess in BF2 you can't even play hero vs hero unless you unlock those heros? That doesn't make any sense though, no one would be able to play hero vs hero for 40 hours? Or you'd get stuck with Jar Jar and Greedo?

This is great though, hope EA takes a real beating from the lootbox stuff, it seems to be hitting every game hard from a PR perspective this fall -- Forza 7, AC Origins, Shadow of War, Battlefront 2, COD WW2 -- but I don't know what impact is gonna have $$ wise.

I will admit though I have the PS4 version on preorder, you can't easily cancel pre orders on PSN and I still wanna play SP and some MP. I'm part of the problem but i'm not much of a protester either :(

• 1Worf