Star Wars Battlefront II

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Who else is gonna be picking this up on PS4 (day 1) and focusing on the Space Battle mode?

spronk

FPS noob
already pre ordered digital deluxe on ps4, will be playing campaign first tho with some multiplayer thrown in daily for my welfare loot crates

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sulrn

Deuces
Who else is gonna be picking this up on PS4 (day 1) and focusing on the Space Battle mode?

already pre ordered digital deluxe on ps4, will be playing campaign first tho with some multiplayer thrown in daily for my welfare loot crates

maxresdefault.jpg

1586.png

k4dc6mdw2ezy.png

Star Wars fans are remastering X-Wing in Unity, and it looks fantastic

You have other options than supporting bad consumer practices. Regardless if you're looking for tactical pewpew or space pewpew.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff

You have other options than supporting bad consumer practices. Regardless if you're looking for tactical pewpew or space pewpew.

I really don't care about any of the REEEEEE surrounding this title. The space battle beta was fun as fuck, and this game meets my price/entertainment hour value calculation, especially given the PS4 competitive landscape this fall. I have nothing I care to play until GOW4 or Spider Man. This will fill that gap nicely.

• 1Barf

spronk

FPS noob
Your passive "fuck you, EA!" protests worked. I've pre ordered on PS4 but i may eventually triple dip on all 3 platforms, please don't be triggered

How We've Updated Crates and Progression - STAR WARS Battlefront II
We went into Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II with a goal to make the deepest, biggest Star Wars™ game you've ever played. That meant transporting you to all three eras and handing you a huge assortment of heroes, classes, and vehicles – as well as bringing tons of free post-launch content to all Star Wars Battlefront II players.

The Beta gave us a welcome chance to test all of our systems in action and tune things up for better balance. A few weeks back, we mentioned we were going to take another look at how the progression system works. After incorporating feedback from the Beta, we’re happy to share our plans for launch:

• Epic Star Cards, the highest tier of Star Cards available at launch, have been removed from Crates. To help keep everyone on a level playing field, these Star Cards will primarily be available through crafting, with the exception of special Epic Star Cards available through pre-order, deluxe, and starter packs.
  • You'll need to reach a certain rank to craft upgraded Star Cards. You won't be able to buy a bunch of Crates, grind everything up into crafting materials, and immediately use them to get super powerful Star Cards. You can only upgrade the ability to craft higher tier Star Cards by ranking up through playing the game.
  • Weapons are locked behind specific milestones. While a select few will be found in Crates, the rest can only be attained by play. Want to unlock a new weapon for your Heavy? Play as a Heavy and you’ll gain access to the class’s new weapons.
  • Class-specific gear and items can be unlocked by playing as them. As you progress through your favorite class, you’ll hit milestones granting you class-specific Crates. These will include a mix of Star Cards and Crafting Parts to benefit your class’s development.
  • This system, as well as all of the others, will be continually iterated on and improved. As we first announced at EA Play in June, we’re committed to keeping the community together. All upcoming weapons, maps, heroes, and vehicles introduced in Star Wars Battlefront II’s post-release content will be free so that players can play alongside friends as the world of Star Wars Battlefront II continues to grow. We know that the magic is in the balance, and we're going to make sure that we continue to make a game that is fun for everyone.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Those are some good changes.

Now, I also believe another issue was with dismantling to get crafting mats, and those items to dismantle were not dropping nearly enough. Did they increase the drop rate to make dismantling easier to actually get the crafting parts to make items? I ask this because with EA there usually is always a catch, and it's never a 100% turn around. Meaning, is the drop rate still very poor, which would cause a gap in dismantling, getting people to buy loot boxes for faster dismantling to craft said items? If that rate increased, perfect. If not, they just buried it all under the crafting system rather than the star cards and crafting parts is the new artifical stop gap. Also noting, they only talk about epic star cards, not common and rares.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I never saw any way to dismantle anything, and duplicates appeared to just give you nothing. Maybe that was just busted for beta.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah I hvae to agree, there's got to be a catch, but this is a giant step in the right direction. I'm honestly surprised they even listened but that's a lot of bad PR they probably would like to avoid (at launch anyways).

Really glad for this change, makes me want to actually buy it now and I just might. Gonna see exactly how the system works before I do but I'm glad they did it.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait a minute, so now you don't get them from buying crates, you get portions of them from buying crates that you can combine in to the best ones? Is this a way for them to actually sell more crates?

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Sounds like it. I really don't want to buy this game but it looks amazing.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wait a minute, so now you don't get them from buying crates, you get portions of them from buying crates that you can combine in to the best ones? Is this a way for them to actually sell more crates?

Yeah from everything I keep reading they just buried/masked the system in the crafting system and said, "Oh hey look guys we listened, you can no longer get epic cards out of crates". With that, having to play the game to level to be able to use said items... I'll rent it to try out the single player, and if it isn't double talk, I'll consider buying for the multiplayer based on reactions here who jump the shark.

With that said though, I still wasn't overly impressed with the gameplay from the beta anyway.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

You still would need to do the in game mile stone to craft the item and use it so while it may speed up your acquiring of something a bit it likely is going to be a pretty minor advantage to try to do it this way. I will wait to judge till I see the final version but what they are describing now seems okay to me.

spronk

FPS noob
You can get all the crate stuff from just playing, there are daily crates and stuff and honestly it never felt like weapons mattered THAT much in battlefront, teamshooting and positioning felt more important. Actually in the big 24v24 modes basically you are either on a team of retards who play like its team deathmatch and no matter what you are going to lose, or you are on a team that play the objective and you will win. I never once thought "goddamn it, I really got outplayed by that one gun" during the beta, it was more like "goddamn my team is full of fuckwits" or "WOW, we are actually pushing the objective this is amazing".

I'm sure there will be edge cases where crates are gonna be a real pisser but I think for 99% of players who just login and play a few hours a week its just not going to be an issue at all. I have yet to find a game I play and enjoy where loot crates have been an issue, but then again, I don't have that mentality of I GOTTA 100% ALL THE COSTUMES, which is something I never understood. If you are like that, then yeah, stay away from these loot crate games. And gambling. And collecting amiibos.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You still would need to do the in game mile stone to craft the item and use it so while it may speed up your acquiring of something a bit it likely is going to be a pretty minor advantage to try to do it this way. I will wait to judge till I see the final version but what they are describing now seems okay to me.
I mean if the people are buying lots of crates they are also playing to level 10 or whatever. It's not like leveling in that game is tough.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If you can hold off, which you should be able too, this thing will most likely be 29-39 by the middle of December which is only about 3 and a half weeks post launch.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-might-discount-star-wars-battlefront-2-when-the/1100-6454573/

I was fighting the urge to buy this, then I installed BF1 and it really soured me from EA again for awhile. I'll be able to hold off now and see what kind of input everyone has after a month.

Fuck you DICE.

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can get all the crate stuff from just playing, there are daily crates and stuff and honestly it never felt like weapons mattered THAT much in battlefront, teamshooting and positioning felt more important. Actually in the big 24v24 modes basically you are either on a team of retards who play like its team deathmatch and no matter what you are going to lose, or you are on a team that play the objective and you will win. I never once thought "goddamn it, I really got outplayed by that one gun" during the beta, it was more like "goddamn my team is full of fuckwits" or "WOW, we are actually pushing the objective this is amazing".

I'm sure there will be edge cases where crates are gonna be a real pisser but I think for 99% of players who just login and play a few hours a week its just not going to be an issue at all. I have yet to find a game I play and enjoy where loot crates have been an issue, but then again, I don't have that mentality of I GOTTA 100% ALL THE COSTUMES, which is something I never understood. If you are like that, then yeah, stay away from these loot crate games. And gambling. And collecting amiibos.

This was kinda my thought as well. In the starwars battlefront 1 I mostly play the big maps with large teams on both side and somebody may have unlocked an uber gun and sure they may rack up a few more kills but there is so much shit going on from so many different directions everybody dies pretty fast and I never really felt that one guy could really carry/dominate a game no matter how geared up they were. This likely make a lot more difference on the smaller pvp modes that are like 6-8 people on a team but in the walker assault and other major mission types not really so much.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Sacriel is playin. Main change I've noticed so far is the rocket trooper can no longer 1 shot people across the map with his tiny pistol.