Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
LOL, you dont even know anything about me Fran Tarkenon

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I would wait. Or rent. Right now the plan is to drop the price for the movie pre-launch and beyond to get Christmas sales and movie capitalization, and the MTX system wIll come back just the way it is now with a few tweaks to star cards so they can say they did something, and this has been their game plan all along.

Nothing has changed. So, my advice, don’t buy it. MTX system will he turned back on after the movie launches. (About five days after Or so)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I lost all my money in Star Wars Battlefront 1

I can't wait for the days in the near future where people lose their house gambling in Battlefront 5 and are living on the streets.

Quaid and Mkopec will still defend it from their shanty towns.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
to be fair to mkopec mkopec - you can get a house in detroit for like $500 now

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
GkX4Jyo.jpg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That may be the case but like others have said, they could have cosmetic unlocks that are canon. Let Luke and Leia unlock their Hoth/ROTJ outfits, let Vader unlock his Anakin Skywalker look, and so on.

I hate the concept of MTX period, but if they were purely cosmetic I don't think we'd be seeing such an uproar about it.

I don't like MTX but if purely cosmetic shit like skins and victory poses help fund ongoing development and maintenance of servers I can accept them like what overwatch is doing. Nothing that requires money impacts my ability to play or enjoy the game. The initial launch of battlefront 2 was just a bad idea and I think they found the end of peoples patience with this sort of thing.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Here is what the Dipshit CFO of EA had to say.

"Listening to the consumer when they start playing the game, six months from now, and even six years from now, is very important for us," Jorgensen said at the Credit Suisse Technology, Media, and Telecom Conference, as reported by GamesIndustry.biz. "And I would say if we're not making some mistakes along the way and learning from them, that's when you should worry about us. But our view is these are great opportunities for us to continue to tune the game, to adjust these things."

"We pulled off on the MTX, because the real issue the consumer had was they felt it was a pay-to-win mechanic," he continued. "The reality is there are different types of players in games. Some people have more time than money, and some people have more money than time. You want to always balance those two."

""We're not giving up on the notion of MTX," he said. "We're learning and listening to the community in terms of how best to roll that out in the future, and there's more to come as we learn more. But I would say we're certainly not changing our strategy. "

I face palm every time this idiot opens up his yap.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they really want to go that route they should do something like XP/credit booster type stuff. I have seen that done in games where it is not to bothersome. Not directly giving them plus better stuff but letting people with limited time make more noticeable progression if they want to pay for it.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, BF4 should be out in six years. Sounds like they listened to the Steve Miller Band once too often, meanwhile doing coke off'a their $10K a night whore's asses.

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree. XP and even BP boosters would be really cool.

I really like the way atlas reactor does their GG boosts. Using it gives you a boost but it also gives everybody else in the game where it is used a boost as well. So if a lot of people are boosting it really kicks out a lot of extra xp even for people who don't have GG boosts to use.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
It's a crock of shit that you can't do cosmetics in Star Wars. There are plenty of cosmetic options. Granted these would require new art assets and not just recolouring a character but if they truly cared (they don't) they could create a pretty good argument for cosmetics that fit in canonically.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So at this point I’ve opened probably 20 or so 'Starfighter' crates.

I have gotten ZERO cards for either the bomber or fighter. Only 3 for Interceptor.

Thinking of just switching to selecting hero crates because the RNG is almost certainly (and intentionally) fubar.

I have had weird luck with "starfighter crates as well" I tend to get almost as many random hero or trooper upgrades out of them as I do actually starfighter stuff.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have had weird luck with "starfighter crates as well" I tend to get almost as many random hero or trooper upgrades out of them as I do actually starfighter stuff.

Yeah people are saying just to buy the hero crates, they are the cheapest, give crafting parts and usually you get 1-2 trooper cards anyway. Thats what ive been buying for the last few days since seeing steramers mention this.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's a crock of shit that you can't do cosmetics in Star Wars. There are plenty of cosmetic options. Granted these would require new art assets and not just recolouring a character but if they truly cared (they don't) they could create a pretty good argument for cosmetics that fit in canonically.

Disney is fucking retarded since they were the ones that nixed it. EA wanted to make this game an Overwatch type game, but Disney nixed that too. It would have been a better game than what EA is being forced to shit out.